About this listing
Recently renovated Studio (25m2) in the most popular part of Le Marais. Double windows makes it very calm & and silent at night. A spacious main room with a kitchen and a modern bathroom. Fast fiber optic internet, perfect transportation hub directly outside (metro, taxi, bus, rent-bicycles), and walking distance to many of the most popular museums and sights. As your Host I will be extremely generous with service, help and advise to make sure you get the most out of your Paris visit.
This newly renovated 25m2 studio is located in the very heart of one of the most popular, authentic and charming areas in Paris. Cool in the summer and warm in the winter, with windows facing a calm side street you will sleep effortless while at the same time just by exiting the main door of the property finding yourself in the most vibrant and exciting part of Paris.
With its main features being:
1) Perfect location,
2) An emphasis on Cleanliness,
3) A Super Comfortable Bed and
4) Our Dedicated Level of Personal Service Hosting this is and has already been many guests first choice when visiting Paris.
In December 2016 we decided to renovate the studio. We have changed water pipes, the floor tiles (new stone floor was put in place) and repainted the studio. We also upgraded furniture by adding a larger round table and more comfortable chairs. Due to the renovation the studio wall was moved and the studio is now a fully 25m2 (we won 3 m3 I think). Most of the photos on our listing are still from before the renovation but we are happy to send you our most recent photos, all you have to do is ask.
This Studio is as close to a 4 star hotel room as you can get - its actually my co-hosts private guest room, so it's not "too lived in" as many other Marais studios are. It's separated by 5 yards/meters from his main home, so he is conveniently close by if you need him. Our aim is always to find the perfect balance between the "4 star hotel experience" on one hand - and on the other hand giving you that very personal and special Airbnb feeling of actually living in a real Parisian home.
The Elevator: There is a new modern and large elevator that will take you from the entrance level to my studio. No need to carry your luggage up & down narrow stairs.
My Personal Hosting Style: You will be met and taken care of during your stay by me or my husband. We are basically always nearby. Both of us will go the extra mile (and then some :-) to make sure your stay is a perfect as possible, including offering you loads of information and advise about Paris (in general) and Le Marais (in particular).
My co-host is available to give you all the information you want as well as to take you on a "guided tour" of the Le Marais area, should you want (of course for free).
The Neighborhood Guide Book: I have prepared a very personal neighborhood "guide book" for you with my personal top picks of restaurants, bakeries, supermarkets, bars and some 20 pages more of very useful and practical information. Want to go to Versailles? You will find all necessary information in the Guide book including how to get there from the studio. Want to eat the tastiest Sushi in Marais? You will find all about it in the Guidebook. This Guidebook is constantly evolving and being expanded. And if you can't find it in the Guidebook, all you have to do is ask and I will find you the information, restaurant, museum or other information you seek.
The Bed: A Queen Size (European: “queen size”, US: “Olympic queen size”) bed of 160 x 200 cm (63 x 79 inches), it's new and very comfortable (see reviews).
Cleanliness: I work hard to give you a perfectly clean studio because I take cleanliness very very seriously - as everyone who has stayed with me can attest. (see reviews)
Bathroom: The Studio has a rather spacious and newly renovated bathroom with a toilet & a shower.
The Kitchen: There is a kitchen with stove, microwave oven, water boiler and a refrigerator with a freezer compartment. You will find the kitchen fully equipped with various plates, cups, glasses, knives, forks and cooking utensils etc. If you have any special kitchen related needs please let me know and I will do my best to arrange it. There is a table and 2 chairs so you can eat your meals "at home" if you wish - or perhaps enjoy a nice breakfast before you start your day.
The Windows: The studio has double windows facing a calm side street so that you can look out of the window and really feel that you are in the heart of Paris. Both windows have curtains so you can sleep as late as you like in the morning.
About a WASHER & DRYER (for clothes). I have not listed this among the Amenities but we do have an easy-to-use and conveniently located "Launderette" (commercial place where you can wash your own clothes for a small fee) located only some 40-50 meters/yards down the road.
The Internet (& lack of a TV): There is Wifi which connects to a Fiber optic internet network which gives you faster than normal internet access (normally at least 20 Mb/s or better) which makes streaming online content, for example TV, to your phone, tablet or PC/Mac, easy and effortless. Most of my guests are using the Wifi to stream online content and at present THERE IS NO TV in the studio. And to be totally frank, if you are in Paris mainly to watch allot of TV then my studio might not be perfect for you.
The Amenities: As you can see from the list of included amenities I will supply you with, among other things, fresh bed linen, top quality bed covers and pillows, fresh towels, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, kitchen paper and a set of earplugs (just in case).
Summer & Winter Equipment: A fan is provided for you in the summer & an extra heater in the winter.
* Other notable information: If you have special needs like for example early or late check-in/check-out I will always do my best to accommodate with no extra charge.
There are 4 supermarkets nearby, 4 bakeries within 3 min walk. The Studio is conveniently located also regarding getting around Paris: there are 2 metro stations connecting you to 2 of the main metro lines in Paris only 2 min walk away, a taxi stand in front of the door, a rent-a-bike station in front of the door and several bus lines just outside the door. There is a parking garage a 2 min walk away, there is a launderette nearby, there are wine shops, cheese shops, ice cream parlors, bars and restaurants everywhere around the studio.
Interaction with guests
I will be happy to help you plan your stay in Paris, to advise you about touristic sights, restaurants and all kind of local knowledge you might need. If you need medical assistance or if you are looking for interesting shops.
* WASHER & DRYER (for clothes). We have not listed this among the Amenities but we do have an easy-to-use and conveniently located "Launderette" (commercial place where you can wash your own clothes for a small fee) located only some 40-50 meters/yards down the road.
Other things to note
O Studio de 25m2 é calma e ainda no coração de uma das áreas mais charmoso de Paris. O Stúdio é como um quarto de hotel de 4 estrelas - porque ninguém foi morando la permanente. Todo o mobiliário é novo. E falamos Português, porque vivíamos antes, no Brasil.
Eu vou ser feliz para ajudar a planejar a sua estadia em Paris, para aconselhá-lo sobre locais turísticos, restaurantes e todo o tipo de conhecimento local que você possa precisar. Se você precisar de assistência médica ou se você está procurando lojas interessantes.
* Há internet de alta velocidade com de fibra ótica que pode "stream" TV. A maioria dos meus clientes usam a internet para assistir TV ou outros programas que estão disponíveis online.
* Nós não listei uma máquina de lavar e secar entre os "Serviços" ("Aminities"), mas há um lugar "automática" ("Launderette") (um lugar commerical onde você pode pagar uma pequena taxa para usar suas máquinas de lavar e secadoras) localizado a apenas 40-50 metros do estúdio na mesma rua.
- Please do not use any table to place your luggage on, as they are easily scratched.
- I kindly ask you to interact as little with my neighbors as possible as they are old fashioned and conservative and are not fond of seeing "strangers" in the building. They don't like to feel like they live in a hotel. Better therefore to keep a low profile and to avoid revealing that you are paying guests from Airbnb. Thank you.
- I only allow max 2 persons to stay in the studio. If you wish to have a third person stay the whole time or part of the time with you, you must first discuss this with me and come to some kind of an agreement with me. I have had a couple of incidents when guests showed up with a 3rd person without discussing this with me before hand.
- If something breaks or is lost I expect you to inform me. I will in all likelihood not charge you for it, anyway.
- Please don't send any packages, mail or other items to my home address unless you first contact me and get my approval. In all likelihood your mail/package will not arrive!
- Again with regard to the situation with my neighbors I will bring in your luggage for you so as to avoid the neighbors seeing too many unfamiliar faces coming & going with luggage.
- I prefer to discuss the details concerning check-in by telephone prior to your arrival so there are no misunderstandings.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
Longtime Marais neighborhood resident. I am an accountant but love to travel and discover new things, new places. When I am on one of my many discovery journeys, I like to open my home to travelers coming to experience my city. My taste in culture as well as food is very broad and mixed. I can enjoy an outdoors concert in a nearby park as well as eating in any one of the 100s of restaurants in the nearby area. I was born in Latin America and as such football is part of my culture. These days I follow Paris Saint Germain (PSG), of course. I like to bicycle or walk when I get around Paris. I know my Le Marais and Paris in general very well and have had many opportunities to guide friends and guests around, so I have the experience to be able to help you get the most out of your vacation.