This 2 BR apartment in the 500 block of N Negley is on bus line for easy commute to Pitt, CMU, UPMC hospitals, Downtown, & more. Walking distance to a bike rental station, shopping, & dining. Free on-street parking on adjacent streets.
This 2 bedroom apartment is the only unit on the 2nd floor of a 3 story building. The apartment is in an older building, and is definitely not a fancy or "luxury" apartment... but it's a great option if you're looking for comfortable and affordable temporary accommodations.
Features of the apartment include:
• WiFi access
• 2 bedrooms, each with a Queen size bed, nightstand, dresser, mirror, chest of drawers, lamp, alarm clock, closet, and linens
• Bed linens may vary from those shown in the photos.
• Living room with sofa, loveseat, coffee table, end table, lamps, TV with Comcast's Digital Economy cable channels (which is a VERY basic package)
• Eat-in kitchen with gas stove (purchased Nov. 2015), fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, rice cooker, tea kettle, dishes, silverware, glasses, cookware, other basic kitchenware (enough pans and dinnerware to cook and serve basic meals), and a table with seating for 4
• Bathroom with tub/shower combo, blow dryer, and a supply of clean towels
• We supply a set of 2 bath towels and 2 washcloths per registered guest (additional will be provided for stays of 4 or more nights); also provided are hand towels and a bath mat
• Iron and ironing board
• Starter supplies of coffee, tea bags, powdered creamer, sugar, salt, pepper, coffee filters, paper towels, trash bags, recycling bags, dish soap, liquid hand soap, body wash, shampoo, and toilet paper
• Gas forced air heat, with a programmable thermostat for the heating... if you let us know in advance what your expected schedule is, before you arrive Lisa can adjust the programming for each day for you (she can also show you how to do a temporary program override in case your plans change)
• Air conditioning is available seasonally, using 2 window units (1 in each of the bedrooms) and a portable unit (in the living room) that are installed during the summer months
• WE PERMIT A MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY OF 4 PEOPLE (including children and infants, regardless of their proposed sleeping arrangements).
• All individuals who will be on the property for ANY amount of time must be paid for (regardless of their size or age) and are to be accounted for in the total number when you send a booking request.
• We offer this apartment for use only by the registered guests whose names have been provided to us and who are included in the guest count as shown on the itinerary that Airbnb generates for us once a booking is made.
• For liability reasons, we do not permit any unregistered guests to be on the property.
• No pets are permitted on the property.
If your traveling party includes children, infants, and/or individuals with mobility issues, please note:
• the apartment is not child proofed and there may be cleaning chemicals and other potentially hazardous household items that are not out of reach of children; the booking Guest and other adults in the group are responsible for supervising children at all times
• we do NOT provide cribs, playpens, highchairs, or any other baby gear
• we do not provide toys, games, or other items to keep children entertained
• the apartment is on the 2nd floor, so getting to it does involve stairs... there is no elevator in the building
• there are not grab bars in the bathroom
• the apartment's toilet is not ADA height
Please note that there are no laundry facilities in the apartment. The laundromat we recommend to our guests is The Laundry Factory; it is located on Ellsworth Avenue in Shadyside, and is a 7 minute drive from the apartment. The Laundry Factory is open 7 AM to 9:30 PM daily and offers self-serve coin operated washers and dryers, drop-off laundry service (with same day service available if dropped off by noon Monday through Friday), and dry cleaning services.
Interaction with guests
• Please note that you will not be able to complete the booking
process until you have verified your ID via Airbnb's Verified ID process. Please complete this process BEFORE you attempt to book.
• Usually it will be Lisa who answers Airbnb messages, meets you at the apartment for check in, and serves as the primary contact during your stay.
• You are responsible for contacting us in advance to coordinate a mutually agreeable arrival time.
• We schedule check in times between 4 PM and 9 PM. Depending on the circumstances and our schedules, we may agree to schedule a check in later than 9 PM, but this must be requested BEFORE the booking is made.
• Please keep in mind that we will schedule our other obligations and plans for the day based on the originally agreed-upon arrival time, and plan your travel schedule accordingly.
• Contact us ASAP if you encounter any delays that will cause you to arrive over 45 minutes after your scheduled check in time... while we will make an attempt to accommodate check in at your new projected arrival time, in order to accommodate our other obligations we may need to schedule the new check in time later than you request.
• If your plans change and you arrive in town earlier than the agreed-upon time, due to our other obligations we often won't be available to meet you earlier and/or may not yet have the apartment ready for you to check in.
• Upon arrival, be prepared to upon request present your unexpired US driver's license (or state-issued ID card, if you don't have a driver's license) or a valid passport, and all other guests 18 years of age or greater must also be prepared to provide the same.
• You can contact us any time for emergencies, and can call or text between 9 AM and 10 PM for non-emergency questions or concerns.
• During your stay, we will enter the unit only if we have informed you in advance, if there is an emergency, or if we have reasonable belief that the House Rules or other terms of the booking may have been violated.
Other things to note
To avoid misunderstandings and disappointment RE: pricing, please note that:
• our posted nightly rates vary (see calendar for nightly pricing, and keep in mind that those amounts are the base rates for up to 2 guests)
• if your traveling party includes more 2 people, there will be an additional nightly charge for each extra guest (including infants and children, regardless of age, size, or proposed sleeping arrangements)
• rates can be seen when you enter your dates and the accurate number of guests in your traveling party
• if the date range entered qualifies for the weekly discount (7+ nights) or monthly discount (28+ nights), that discount will have already been taken into account in the total quoted by the Airbnb system
• the quoted total will also include the Airbnb service fee
If you have any questions about the rate displayed once you have entered the dates and the correct number of guests, contact us for clarification BEFORE you submit a booking request. Also, please do not submit a booking request unless your travel dates are firm and not subject to change. Once we have accepted a booking request, the only pricing adjustments or alterations that we will consider making will be requests to add nights or to include additional guests who weren't part of the original booking.
• Check-in time is 4 PM to 9 PM; at least 7 days before the arrival date (or immediately upon booking if your stay will begin within the next 7 days), you must contact us to schedule a more specific 1 hour time window to ensure someone will be available to meet you at the apartment when you arrive for check-in.
• Check-out time is by no later than 11 AM, unless other arrangements have been made via the Airbnb system and any applicable late check-out fee has been paid in advance. All late check out requests must be made via the Airbnb messaging system; please submit any request for a late check out as soon as possible so any applicable payment arrangements can be made if we are able to accommodate your request. If requesting check out after 2 PM, you will be required use Airbnb's alteration tool to book and pay for the additional night if it is still available, as a departure after 2 PM would not allow enough time for us to have the apartment ready in case we should receive a request from another guest for a same day check in. If another guest has already booked the apartment for arrival on your check out date, depending on our schedule and the incoming guest's arrival plans we unfortunately may be unable to consider any late check out requests.
• Check out is not considered to have officially occurred until the time you have left the keys in the designated location, vacated the property, and notified us via text or the Airbnb messaging system to confirm that you have departed; while you are to vacate the property by the scheduled check out time, we do allow an additional 15 minute grace period for you to send us the notification of check out.
• If you have not notified us of your check out (as per the Check Out Process outlined above) by 11:15 AM (or by 15 minutes after the agreed upon check out time, if we agreed to a later time and you have paid the applicable fees), you will be considered an unauthorized late check out and agree that you will be charged late check out fees of $25 per every 30 minutes or portion thereof that you remain on the property beyond the agreed upon and paid for check out time; this charge will continue to accrue until the time that you have vacated the property and notified us via text or the Airbnb messaging system to confirm that you have departed. You agree that this fee for an unauthorized late check out shall be classified as additional rent due to the host, and would therefore be payable from your security deposit.
• If you fail to ensure that all keys that were given to you upon check in are left in the designated location upon check out, you will be liable for the cost of replacing all affected locks.
• No parties or events are permitted; the property is offered for use by the registered guests only.
• All bookings made via this listing shall permit use of the property for lodging purposes only. Guests may not use the property to engage in any commercial activities. Any photographs, films, or videos taken in or of the apartment and/or grounds must be for personal and non-commercial use only.
• Maximum occupancy is 4 people. After the first 2 people, the listed extra person fee applies to each additional guest (including infants and children, regardless of age/size/proposed sleeping arrangements).
• Prior to or immediately upon booking, the booking Guest will provide us with the full legal names of all individuals (including infants and children) who are included in the reservation.
• For liability reasons, guests may not at any time invite, entertain, or host anywhere on the property anyone whose name has not been provided in advance and who has not already been accounted for in the guest count and paid for in the reservation.
• All adults included in the booking must be prepared to provide their unexpired US driver's license (or state-issued ID card, if they don't have a valid US driver's license) or a valid passport upon check in.
• No pets are permitted on the property, not even temporarily.
•ABSOLUTELY NO KEYS OR ACCESS WILL BE PROVIDED TO OTHERS IF THE GUEST WHOSE NAME IS ON THE ACCOUNT THAT WAS USED TO MAKE THE BOOKING IS NOT PRESENT FOR CHECK-IN.
• ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING, E-CIGARETTE USE, VAPING, OR TOBACCO USE OF ANY KIND IS PERMITTED inside the apartment or anywhere on the property.
• Lighting of bonfires, grills, fireworks, sparklers, candles, incense, oil lamps, tiki torches, mosquito coils, or similar items is NOT permitted in the apartment or anywhere on the property.
• The home's WiFi network name and password are included on your Airbnb itinerary. By personally using this network and/or by sharing the network name and login info with others, the booking Guest agrees to accept full legal responsibility for any activity that occurs on the home's internet connection during the reservation period. No torrenting, P2P (Peer-to-Peer) file sharing, or similar bandwidth extensive online activities are permitted. Harassing or illegal internet activities are strictly forbidden.
• Airbnb's terms of service specify that the home is to be left in the same condition as you found it. We expect guests to maintain the house in a clean and sanitary condition during their stay. Cleaning supplies are available for guest use. Promptly wipe up crumbs, spills, drips, or cooking splatters, and sweep up any cookies and such dropped by children (or others), and mop up any tracked in mud.
• Dishes and other kitchenware used during your stay are to be washed, dried, and returned to where you originally found them.
• Place all used towels and washcloths in the provided hamper basket. Do not strip the beds, but do leave unmade any beds that were used.
• Other than toilet paper and bodily wastes, no other items are to be placed in the toilet. Place all feminine hygiene products and their wrappings/applicators, diapers, wipes, facial tissues, cotton balls or swabs, and other objects in the trash.
• Any trash that contains diapers is to be double bagged and left outside in the covered outdoor trash can prior to your departure.
• Recycling is MANDATORY in the City of Pittsburgh. If you choose to mix trash and recyclables or otherwise disregard the recycling instructions that are posted in the home and we have to sort the items, you will be subject to and hereby agree to pay a $25 sorting fee which will be paid by you via the resolution center, deducted from your security deposit, or charged to your account's payment method by Airbnb.
• Prior to departure, empty your food and beverage items from the refrigerator, freezer, and cupboards and dispose of them properly (including emptying, rinsing, and properly disposing of any recyclable food packaging). However, you may if you choose leave any UNOPENED food or beverage items behind for the next guest's use.
• Before departing close and latch all windows, make sure the heating thermostat is turned down to 55 degrees, and turn off all air conditioning units. Also make sure the unit’s main door, the unit’s back (fire escape) door, and the building’s front entry door are locked and fully closed upon departure.
• Please make sure that you have returned all keys before you leave. If you fail to return all keys upon departure, you will be subject to and hereby agree to pay a fee of $50 per affected lock, which will be paid by you via the resolution center, deducted from your security deposit, or charged to your account's payment method by Airbnb.
• The booking Guest (or another adult who is part of the reservation, if the booking Guest is rendered incapable of doing so) is to notify us immediately of any occurrence on the property that involves an injury requiring medical attention that is sustained by the booking Guest or other traveling party members, or that in any way involves a call to 911 and/or is responded to by an ambulance, the Police, and/or the Fire Department, and at our request shall also for our records complete and sign a written statement to document the circumstances of the injury or occurrence.
• Illegal activity of any kind is forbidden in the home or anywhere else on the property, including but not limited to illicit substance use, possession of illegal drugs or any controlled substance for which no one present has a valid prescription, and underage drinking.
• Any action that occurs on the property which results in the Police or other local authorities issuing any type of citation to Guest or other traveling party members may result in forfeiture of the entire security deposit and immediate cancellation of the remainder of Guest's reservation, and no refund shall be given for any unused nights.
• The booking Guest is fully responsible for any and all accidents, injuries, deaths, or property damages on our premises that occur either fully or partly as the direct or indirect result of use of any substance (i.e., alcohol, illicit substances, and/or any other substances that could cause mental or physical impairment) by the booking Guest or other traveling party members, regardless of whether the individual(s) involved used the substance on the premises or elsewhere. The booking Guest is also fully responsible for ensuring that anyone who consumes any alcohol while on the property does so in a responsible manner and is of legal drinking age (which is 21 in Pennsylvania).
• As the booking Guest, you are fully responsible for ensuring that all members of your traveling party are made aware of and abide by the House Rules, any conditions included in the listing, and any additional conditions specified in our communications on the Airbnb message thread. You are also fully responsible for the actions of and/or any damages that are directly or indirectly caused by the acts and/or omissions of yourself and/or by the acts and/or omissions of members of your traveling party. The booking Guest and other adults in the traveling party may be required to sign off on a printed copy of the House Rules when you check in.
• Failure to comply with the House Rules, any conditions included in the listing, and any additional conditions specified in our communications on the Airbnb message thread may result in additional charges and possible forfeiture of your security deposit. If we discover the violation prior to the end of your reservation period, it may at our discretion also result in immediate cancellation of the remainder of your stay, and no refund shall be given for any unused nights.
• By completing a booking, you are agreeing to all the terms contained in these House Rules and in the rest of the property's Airbnb listing. If any of the above House Rules or any terms in the listing are found to be legally invalid, or to be contrary to the policies of Airbnb, this shall not in any way affect the validity of the remainder of the House Rules and listing terms.
This host has 442 reviews for other properties.View other reviews