Small, single family home near the beach and downtown attractions in Hampton. Basic amenities that would be awesome for a beach weekend for friends, couples or a family. We do have two dogs, so you must be okay with pets.
About 30 minutes or less in any direction from larger attractions such as Busch Gardens, Water Country, Virginia Beach Ocean Front, etc. Surrounded by countless golf courses, beaches, breweries and a few wineries.
We live on a very quiet street that is tucked away off the main road. We are a hop skip and a jump away from many local attractions. Our backyard is quiet and peaceful, with a cute sitting area underneath a beautiful magnolia tree. The tree provides a natural umbrella, so sitting outside during a light summer shower is very relaxing.
Guests will have access to all areas of the house except the master bedroom and the garage. We have a full and a half bath, so the full bath will be shared. Laundry is also accessible, but please provide your own detergent and other items.
Interaction with guests
My husband and I both work fairly often, but when we are home we would love to socialize with our guests! Hanging out at the house or heading out to downtown, whatever the case is, we are open to whatever our guests are open to. We are pretty quiet for the most part, so nothing crazy on our end.
Other things to note
We do have two large dogs that have free reign of the house. They are both friendly, but one of them is a little nervous around new people. Please don't take the shyness as anything but just that. She will warm up to you once she sees that you won't harm her or us, especially if you hand out a few extra treats :)
- The tv's are fair game to use, but please do not use the game systems unless we are home
- Please bring your own food, but please hand wash all dishes and place them back where they belong. Do not use the dishwasher
- Please do not change the thermostat
- If you have been to the beach, please rinse off as much as possible either at the beach, or with the hose in the backyard. We all have to share a bathroom and its no fun using a super sandy bathroom to shower in.
- Please remove your shoes and rinse off your feet if you've been to the beach
- Please bring anything you will need for laundry. You are welcome to use the washer and dryer