Welcome to Our Trees, our mountain home!
Enjoy Old Tahoe charm walking distance to a beautiful beach, fine dining, a yoga/pilates studio, North Shore casinos. We are in a great location, with easy access to swimming, hiking, biking, kayaking, parasailing, paddle boarding, fishing, golf, skiing, snowboarding, sledding, and more!
•rustic style of Old Tahoe (built in 1930): river rock fireplace, wood plank doors, some beds made from trees on the property, antique sinks, long farmhouse dining table with benches
•new amenities: central heat/fan, warm floors in bathrooms, and gradually: new floors
•beds: 1 queen, 1 full, 4 twins
•nice big back yard, lovely native plants
•games, books, and puzzles
•10 minute walk to a beautiful beach
•5 minute walk to yoga, pilates, and massage
•5 minute walk to fine dining
•5 minute walk to North Shore casinos
•5 minute walk to frozen yogurt
• 3 minute drive to Kings Beach, CA: beach (kayaking and parasailing), restaurants, thrift shop, Safeway
• 8 minute drive to Incline Village, NV: restaurants, movie theater, Raley’s supermarket
• favorite breakfast places: Log Cabin Caffé, Kings Beach (3 minute drive); Squeeze In, Truckee (22 minute drive)
• bargain breakfasts at the casinos: $2.22 and $3.33
• shopping: downtown Truckee (22 minutes), Truckee Outlet Stores (25 minutes)
• BBQ charcoal grill, at the cabin
• lots of hiking and biking, including the Tahoe Rim Trail
• 3 minute drive to Kings Beach: kayak and paddle board rentals, plus parasailing
• 10 minute walk to a beautiful beach
• 15 minute drive to gorgeous Sand Harbor Beach (arriving early a must!)
• 20 minute drive to Northstar at Tahoe Golf Course
• 20 minute drive to rent mountain bikes at Tahoe Cross County Ski Area
• 20 minute drive to the Truckee River, Tahoe City: fishing, crawdadding, bike trail
• 20 minute drive to Reel Deal Sportfishing, Tahoe City
• search the internet for 'fly fishing with a guide on the Truckee River'
• 20 minute drive to Truckee River Rafting Company, Tahoe City
• 30 minute drive to hiking at Spooner Lake backcountry
• 30 minute drive to year-round aerial tram at Squaw Valley Ski Resort: hike, bike, swim
• 3 minute drive to King’s Beach for ski, snow board, and snow shoe rentals
• 15 minute drive to Northstar and Diamond Peak Ski Resorts
• 20 minute drive to Mount Rose Ski Tahoe, Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area
• great sledding area on the way to Mount Rose Ski Tahoe, Mount Rose Highway
• 30 minute drive to Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley Ski Resort, and Spooner Lake Cross Country Ski Area
Interaction with guests
We provide complete instructions. We also provide our contact information so you can reach us any time.
Other things to note
Price includes 10% hotel tax. Why such a bargain?
• we continue to make improvements (2 sibling work parties annually)
•you bring your own beach towels
•we face a busy street (the double pane windows help)
•low-tech vacation: no wifi, cable, or dishwasher; there is a DVD player and VCR
•a carpenter ant may walk through
Please help us protect our family treasure!
We 7 siblings will be your hosts, a whole team at your service! At different times, you may have contact with Jenny, John, Roger, Julie, Mike, Jason, or Sarah. (The photo is of John and Jenny at the lookout above Kings Beach.)
Our Trees has been in our family since 1942, providing decades of enjoyment. Lake Tahoe is an amazing place for swimming, hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, skiing, snowboarding, sledding, picnicking, photography, and just relaxing! We'd love to give you the opportunity to enjoy this amazing area.