Beautiful & unique home, surrounded by tranquil gardens with a pool, fire-pit & awesome Braai area. Hang out in comfort & entertain in style in a unique space. There's a big kitchen opening onto a garden deck, great for communal cooking; a welcoming lounge & a generous dining-room all opening onto the pool garden with your pick of decks, lounges & hang-out spots. The perfect place to relax with friends and family or entertain; our house is made for making memories - come and make yours here!
Our home is warm, welcoming and relaxed, the perfect place to hang-out with friends and family. There is a large kitchen (great for communal cooking); a spacious living room and a generous dining room (table can sit 10 comfortably and up to 15 at a squeeze) all of which flow into each other and open directly onto the garden and pool. With a large open-air lounge area, a braai deck, a kitchen deck, and pool deck, not to mention pool and fire pit this house was made for entertaining! We have had family, bridal showers, birthday parties, mother's and father's day parties and even a touring band at our house, and the place handled it all in style!
You will have access to the entire house and garden except for the fenced-off area at the back of the house where we stay (and the dogs are kept) when we have guests.
Interaction with guests
We stay on the property and will usually be here to greet you, show you where everything is kept and run through the house rules. We'll also be on hand if you have any questions or problems during your stay. We are happy to hang out and chat, or give you as much space as you want, we can even help with party prep....Everything you need to make your stay in our home memorable and enjoyable
Other things to note
If you would like to bring your pets with you that's fine but please notify us first. We have 3 cats (very independent and you may never see one) and 3 dogs that live at the back of the premises.
Our dogs are not allowed in the house when we have guests but they are let out into the garden at night. If you would like to interact with them they are very friendly and good with kids. If you would rather not have animals around then please let us know and we will make sure you never have to see them.
PARTIES: this place is made for entertaining. If you would like to have a party you are more than welcome put please let us know the details in advance (preferably when you book) (i.e how many people, timing etc.) Also no large party speakers or boom boxes are allowed out of respect for our neighbours and no noise is allowed outside from 10pm on weekdays and 12pm on Friday and Saturday nights.
- We live in a residential area, Restrained parties are allowed (within reason) please let us know in advance (number of guests, timings etc). Also if you do have a party PLEASE be considerate of our neighbours - No earthquake inducing boom-boxes or using the house as the HQ for your very own block-party, in fact, no music or noise outside after 10pm (22h00) on weeknights and after midnight on weekends. THESE TIMES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
Party hosts are responsible for after party clean up and will be charged for all breakages / damages incurred.
- Our house is suitable for children but young children (under 5) should be supervised at all times around the pool and garden as well as around the fires in the living, dining room and fire pits when they are lit.
- No eating or drinking in the bedrooms.
- Please leave the place like you found it when you leave. We do charge a cleaning fee but this is for cleaning the bedding. An additional cleaning fee of up to R500 will be requested If the house is not left clean. If you don't have time to leave the house in (more or less) the state you found it then please let us know in advance.
- You are responsible for your own health and safety whilst in our house. Please read the house safety manual thoroughly.
- Smoking is not allowed in the house, but you can smoke in all outside areas
- We have a remote sensor burglar alarm that is turned at 11pm on weeknights (23h) and 12pm (24h) on weekends (Friday & Saturday). If you are having a party, want to hang out outside, or plan on getting back to the house later than these times, please let us know so that we can make arrangements.
- We have 2 dogs that live at the back of the premises. We let them out into the garden in the evenings and sometimes during the day. They are very friendly and love kids and cuddles. If you are not a dog lover let us know in advance and we keep them out of your way as much as possible.
- The house is wheelchair accessible (wide doorways and corridors between common areas [bedrooms and bathrooms - standard door width]; easy-access showers in both bathrooms; movable ramps to porch, and pool deck). Please let us know in advance if you or one of your party requires this.
From Nov 01, 2017 - Jan 31, 2018 the minimum stay is 2 nights.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are Leah and AJ
We are laid back and easy going, love art and culture, hanging out with friends and family....and of course throwing a good party form time to time! We like to think our house reflects our personality and we want you to relax, have fun and enjoy staying in our home as much as we love living in it.
We are both English speakers although I can speak French fluently and can just about get by in Spanish. AJ is fluent in Afrikaans and can understand Dutch. We are respectful of other people and cultures and are curious about the world around us. We hope you are too!
We are both from the UK originally. I have been in South Africa (on and off) for the past 8 and AJ has lived here for more than 30 years.
We have been renovating our house for the past 4 years and have finally finished so we are off to Europe for a couple of months over the summer. This means that unfortunately, we won't be there to welcome you to our home personally but we are available anytime by phone, email, Wasap etc... Also Gift, our house manager, lives on the premises. He is mainly responsible for general household maintenance, keeping the pool and garden in good order and looking after our dogs but he will be more than willing to help you with any assistance or information that you may need. Gift speaks English but it is not his mother tongue, so please be patient with him and contact us if you need assistance or information he can't help you with. Our Neighbours are also on hand in the case of emergencies and AJ's brother lives a short drive away, so you will be in good hands.
We love Airbnb and have traveled all over Europe and the UK as guests. This is the first time we are hosting though, and we are very excited to welcome you to our home and to Johannesburg.
Hope to meet you soon.