Modern elegance with a historic feel describes this home inside & out. Located on the edge of Japantown, San Jose, the home reflects the feeling of this area. Perfect proximity to the San Jose Int'l airport, Avaya Stadium, downtown San Jose, SJ State Univ, Convention Ctr, Civic Ctr, etc.
The architectural style of the house is beautiful, sprinkled with artwork from a local artist, and lovely backyard ..3 BR upstairs, 1 BR down, and an upstairs bathroom with soaking tub and double stall shower.
The bedrooms are large in size and have access to a roof top deck which we don't allow guests to utilize. There is a lot of natural light. One bedroom has an exercise bike and a flat screen TV with a media streamer. Each bedroom upstairs has good closet space and would be great for a long term stay.
The stairs is a wrap around style with high ceilings. The landing at the top is a generous size.
The living room and formal dining room have a wonderful view to the backyard and are great for entertaining. The dining table showing in the photo doubles its size when pulled out. Large screen TV above fireplace can be viewed from both areas as well as whoever is in the backyard. Dining area exits to the brick patio that overlooks a lawned backyard that has a large beautiful shade tree that makes you just want to sip on something cool outside or serve dinner on the wood patio set.
Backyard, shared utility room (locked away from private wing on the other side of the pocket door in the kitchen-you have the ability to enter but they do not....sometimes that space will be occupied or is available as an add on). Utility room has Miele washer and dryer, ironing board and iron.
Driveway, at least one space is guaranteed and one vehicle can park on the street (parking permit req'd 9-5 pm on weekdays)
Interaction with guests
I'm only a text or phone call away
Other things to note
A common request for use of this home is to hold an event such as a birthday or anniversary party, baby or wedding shower, graduation, etc.....our policy is to have no more than a total of 15 people.
The house has a wing that is one bedroom with a twin trundle bed (sleeps 2) and a stall shower bathroom. This area can be added on to the main house if available. There is also a casita that can be an add on to the main house if the private wing is booked. It is at the rear of the house and is a self contained tiny house that has a sleeping area, bathroom, stall shower and mini kitchen.
Adding either two of these options gives your group a 2nd bathroom and exclusivity to the yard area if you take the Casita, or to the whole house if you take the Private Wing. When these spaces are occupied, disclosing this is important so that you understand who you may run into in the front of the house or the back. All occupants are informed of each other basically.
Go to https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19609795 if you would like to look at the availability of the Casita and rent the space in addition to renting the main home.
Go to https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17832318 if you would like to look at the availability of the Private Wing and rent the space in addition to renting the home.
The home is protected by nest cameras. The interior camera is switched off during a guest's stay. The exterior cameras stay on.
- No shoes on the hardwood floors please. A shoe box is next to front door
- Quiet hours are the normal 10 pm - 7 am
- No occupancy (combined approved guests + visitors) to exceed 15 at any given time unless prior approval received. No overnight guests allowed unless approved and paid for. There is a San Jose ordinance for the number of persons allowed at a private residence therefore based on the number of guests in your stay dictates the number of visitors you may have over. This is an important point to maintain good neighbor relations and by reserving you are acknowledging this rule.
- Parking is limited to two cars unless otherwise approved. Parking is limited to one driveway space and a parking permit on the street (based on availability). There is no garage access at this time.
- No candle burning
- Guest is responsible for locking/securing the doors to the private wing-they should remain locked at all times except when using laundry facilities
- Do not leave laundry in the machines as they are shared. Unplug iron after use. Please put away iron, ironing board, or any cleaning supplies used from the utility room area
- Unless you have paid for the private wing as an add-on, please refrain from using that guest's bathroom if they have left the door ajar (it only can be opened with a key).
- Please close windows and turn off lights and thermostat before leaving the house. Don't forget the light switch panel behind the microwave where an exterior light switch is many times forgotten.
- Before using the cowhide chair in the living room, please use the throw in the basket to cover it.
- When there is a guest staying in the Casita, there will be a privacy walkway in place and the solar blinds mounted on the outside of the curved window area will be pulled down along that part of the walkway. You may open or keep closed the exterior blinds on your side of the back yard if you wish.
- No fireplace use at this time
- Please respect the custom artwork throughout the house. Do not touch, puncture or draw on these pieces (to avoid a claim against your security deposit)
- Please use a towel in the open entry of the shower area to avoid water getting on the floor.
- If you are a long stay guest (a week or longer), you are responsible for emptying your own trash bins and putting the garbage containers to the curb the Sunday night (front of bin faces street). If the private wing is occupied they will be under the same rule and the expectation...the guest staying the longest puts out the bins.
- Please keep clothed when passing through the utility room
- If you are a smoker and wish to smoke outside, please do not do so in the front of the property. Do not throw any cigarette butts near the house at all.
- The upstairs bedrooms have doors to the rooftop deck. Please do not walk or sit on the rooftop deck.
- Garbage nite is Sunday for Monday pickups. Please take the trash receptacles located at the right side of the driveway, to the curb and place with opening towards the street. Please bring them back to their enclosure no later than Monday evening. Grey & blue receptacle is for Recycling (please see the flyer in the kitchen). The black receptacle is for trash.
- Laundry hours: Please have your laundry needs in the common area wrapped up by 8:00 pm. The machines share a wall to the private wing bedroom and as a courtesy to that guest, the machines should not be running past this time.
- Parking in the driveway. Please do not straddle the sidewalk for any length of time. You will either be told in your welcome message to use one spot in the driveway, both spots and/or to use the street parking permit. If you use part of the driveway not allocated to you and you prevent the guest who it was allocated from parking there and they are forced to park on the street without the parking permit, you will be responsible for their parking ticket should they receive one.
This host has 86 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a realtor. I am California born and raised. I love meeting new people and have been to many places throughout the world. I like to travel, I like sports, good food (I'm a good cook and a foodie when I'm in a new place), and animals. I consider myself kind and considerate, mellow but energetic, friendly, not high maintenance. If you were to ask my friends what I'm about, they'd probably say she's always helping someone....I know everyone, I stay connected, I'm loyal, I get it done.