Located on the waterfront of Lago de Atitlan, affording stunning views and sunsets across the lake.
Enjoy 4 double bedrooms and a bonus room with bunk-beds starting at $ 400.
Enjoy a complementary cup of coffee with your breakfast!
Under the Mayan Sun is located on the waterfront of Lago de Atitlan, affording stunning views and sunsets across the lake. It is situated on the periphery of San Antonio Palopo, which is a short drive from Panajachel, 10 kilometers exactly. The property is very spacious, comfortably accommodating families up to 10 people. The interior and exterior are well appointed with plenty of amenities on site for a very relaxing stay.
The property consists of two houses and a decked outdoor area.
$400/$500. (Depending on the season.) Four double bedrooms and bonus room.
- 4 double bedrooms
- 1 small bonus room with bunk-beds.
- 3 full bathrooms
- 2 large living rooms, brick chimney, small pool table.
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen
- Large dining / living room area alongside the kitchen counter, ideal for social occasions.
-Dining table for 12 inside or 6 on deck.
-1 Bathroom and storage
-1 full bathroom
-8 lounge chairs, one Bistro table for four
-Ping pong table
-Barbeque and basic herb garden
-Outdoor sitting area
-Steps down to the lake for kayaks or swimming.
- Jacuzzi is warm only, not hot.
- The house is a short drive from Panajachel (aprox. 15 min). Please do plan on arriving before dark. The road around the lake is very narrow and getting to the house can be challenging. Going down to the property with luggage and groceries is best during the day.
Please, NO checking in after 7 pm! If you are running late you must call Miguel.
- Private water taxi rides can be arranged by Miguel, but we are not responsible for it.
- Plan to visit other great towns around the lake early in the morning. The lake can get rough in the late afternoon.
- Small trucks are available to ride into Panajachel with other locals for very little money.
- Tuck-tusk are another way to move around.
- Public boats run during the daytime from the main towns around the lake.
Interaction with guests
Feel free to make any requests and we will be very happy to try and accommodate your wishes.
It is absolutely required to know the exact number of people joining the group as pricing is adjusted accordingly.
Transportation from La Aurora airport or Antigua directly direct the house can be arranged if needed.
We are glad to make suggestions but not responsible for issues that may rise before your arrival or after your departure.
Breakfast can be served if willing to buy groceries. Enjoy a complementary cup of coffee then on the house!
Other meals are to be arranged by guests as standard.
Internet access is limited in this area, we recommend buying a SIM card at any convenience store.
Other things to note
We have a full staff , 9 am to 5 pm, to make your stay more enjoyable and relaxing. They are from The Mayan Village of San Antonio; please enjoy the help but be kind and respectful of them. A tip upon your departure is appreciated by them.
It is necessary to confirm the number of guests joining the group. There is a maximum of 10 people for the rate. Extra guest are welcome if arranged previously at an extra cost.
Do not enter the house wet, much less sit on the furniture wet! Dry out first.
Please do not move furniture around or rearrange it to your taste. All things must remain in place, as found.
No smoking or eating in the rooms please! There is plenty of space outside.
Please be mindful of the furniture and rugs, don't eat anywhere except in the kitchen area or outside.
Please do NOT move tennis table from the covered area. It must stay under the roof,
It is not waterproof and will not survive under the rain!
Be worry of the environment, buy drinking water locally in the reusable large containers that we provide in order to avoid plastic water bottles.
Also, limit yourself to one bath towel and one pool towel only.
No pets please!