The GreenRoom is a quiet, cozy, sunny room perfect for the single traveler. Located in the North Whisman neighborhood of Mountain View, you are close to downtown and the Mountain View Transit center as well as several major Silicon Valley businesses (see detailed description for a list).
How do you know you are home? Does someone greet you with a smile? Do two quirky and inquisitive cats check you out from a distance? You will have all this and more in the "GreenRoom."
The room features a full bed and a small desk & comfy chair. The bathroom is shared with your host and includes toiletries for my guests. While there is no kitchen access included, there is an electric kettle, a cone style coffee maker, utensils, cups, and glasses. Filtered water, regular and decaf coffee and a great selection of teas are provided.
You will have reliable internet access and a small TV with a Roku box available for streaming Amazon and Netflix.
In addition to the GreenRoom there is a nice patio area available for my guests to enjoy. Access to the patio and yard are through the main living area or through the side gate.
Interaction with guests
Silicon Valley can be hectic, but coming in my front door is not. I look forward to meeting you and helping you feel comfortable during your stay! I'm happy to help you find your way around.
Other things to note
I share my home with two well groomed cats who have some access to the room when it is not occupied with guests. You are free to enjoy their company or restrict their access when you are renting the room. However, if you have allergies to cats, this would not be an ideal situation for you.
- The cats are indoor cats that are very curious about the outdoors. Please be extra careful not to let them out.
- We are a "shoes off" household. Please remove your shoes at the door and leave them on the shelf or carry them to your room.
- There is no daily housekeeping service included. I will check daily for dirty dishes and remove the trash. Otherwise, I keep a clean and tidy house and would appreciate if you would do the same while you are staying in the room. This includes cleaning up after yourself in the shared bathroom. Your cleaning fee is to cover the cost of cleaning when you check out so there is no need to make the bed when you leave.
- Quiet hours are between 11 pm and 8 am. Please be mindful of your voice volume, take early morning calls outside the house, and keep the volume on the TV and electronic devices low or use headphones.
- The living area and kitchen of the home are not shared spaces.
- If something in the room is in your way or you feel the need to alter the space, please ask before doing so. Also, while you are welcome to use what is provided in the space during your stay, please do not take it out of the house with you. If you need something to take out of the house, please ask and I will do my best to help you out.
- Out of respect for your host and other guests who are sensitive to scents, please avoid the use of strong cologne or perfume inside the house.
- If you are expecting a guest during your stay, please inform your host in advance and entertain them in your room rather than the common areas of the house.
- During the winter months, the house is kept at 68 degrees during the day and 62 at night. Please bring light layers and socks to ensure your comfort.
- During the summer months we are subject to the occasional heatwave. The house is not air conditioned. The room has a ceiling fan and a floor fan for your comfort.