Here we have for rent our beloved 1995 Ford Freda campervan, Vanessa, or Nessie for short! The van is the exact same as the more common Mazda Bongo Friendee, with a modern side conversion featuring sink, fridge and 2-burner gas hob. Nessie sleeps 2 adults and 2 children comfortably, 4 adults at a push and we welcome a dog or two. She drives really well for her age and is warm and secure in which to sleep. She is the ideal beast with which to explore Scotland and the North of England!
What you get:
- 2.5L turbo diesel 4x4 automatic transmission 4-berth camper van
- Fully comprehensive insurance for 2 named drivers
- Full tank of diesel
- Gas stove and cold water sink
- 12v/240v cool box fridge
- Electric hook up cable
- Duvet and pillows (or you can provide your own bedding or sleeping bags)
- Cooking utensils + all dishes/cutlery for 4 people in an awesome picnic set
- Camping chairs x2
- Drive-away awning (only really of use on long stays in a single place)
- Fiamma bike rack for 2 adult sized bikes
For the duration of your hire you'll have access to the whole van, including the roof top sleeping space, which kids, and adults, just love! There is ample storage for your gear, all cooking and cleaning utensils, camping chairs and, for longer trips, a drive-away awning.
Interaction with guests
We can be contacted at any reasonable time with any issue regarding Nessie - we want you to be able to have as much fun with her as we do!
Other things to note
In order to insure you to drive Nessie we will require a copy of your drivers licence and passport. The cost of insurance usually works out at about £18 per day for 2 named drivers and is included in the price you pay. The security deposit will be refunded in full provided there are no speeding tickets/penalty points applied to the van when in your care and the van is returned in the condition received with a full tank of fuel.
- No festivals
- Return in condition received
- Return with full tank of fuel
- £500 refundable security deposit
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
I am a doctor working in Glasgow, training in family medicine.
My passions include outdoors, travel, food, wine...and any opportunity for an adventure!