Uniquely authentic Hawaiian plantation home. Incredibly situated just steps from an exquisite, almost entirely private beach and local market. Newly remodeled, comfortable bedding, cozy furnishings in a convenient location on Puko'o Beach on the east end of Molokai. Total price quoted includes: Rent, 13.2% (approximately $30) a night required Hawaii visitor tax plus a clean 1998 Dodge Caravan or similar island car.
Legal rental STMO T(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Quality custom built, comfortable, private home above garage gives you a view of the ocean, Maui, mountains, local setting, palm trees and tropical breezes. Nice size lanai on the second story with comfortable seating and eating area for outside enjoyment. Open floor plan with big comfortable couch, eating area and nice size kitchen. Master bedroom with king bed has sliding glass door to lanai and view of ocean. Smaller second bedroom with queen bed has view of the mountains. Bathroom has walk in shower. Outdoor cedar shower for use after fun on the beach. Access to washer, dryer, toilet and sink in the garage shared with property support team members.
Guests have access to the entire property. The 2nd story home is exclusive for the guest, the garage and parking area is shared by home maintenance personnel.
Interaction with guests
When in town, owner is available when needed. At all times caretaker, Harley, is available by cellphone.
Other things to note
Damage Deposit: Third party rental insurance or credit card guarantee.
Price includes Hawaii state taxes total rate is 13.41% ((HI General Excise Use tax (GET) 4% + Transient Accommodation Tax (TAT) 9.2%)
Rates reflect occupancy for up to 4 people
Minimum Stay 4 nights.
No Smoking, No Pets Allowed
Completed and signed House rules, Home Rental Agreement and Car Rental Agreement required. We will email you a copy for you to fill out and return to us via email prior to your arrival upon approval.
1.Aloha and welcome to our home. We certainly hope you enjoy your stay on Molokai. Please take a look at the following rules to help respect the privacy of our residential neighbors and make your stay pleasant and comfortable.
2.Maui County Short-term Rental Code Requirements:
a.Residential Quiet hours are from 9:00pm to 8:00am. Sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries during non-quiet hours shall not be more excessive than would typically be associated with a residential area. Amplified sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries is prohibited.
b.There shall be no parties or group gatherings other than registered guests.
c.One car per bedroom is allowed on the premises. Please park cars in the designated onsite parking area outside garage doors and not park on the street or front lawn.
d.No more than 2 guests per bedroom, including children over 2 years old.
e.House and rental rules documents to be signed by each registered adult guest.
3.The property is designated a non-pet, non-smoking and non-illicit drug use property. Please do not allow stray pets to come into the house or garage.
4.Please bag all trash in plastic bags per instructions located in the house and place in the trash cans on the SE corner behind the outside shower. Please do not litter. Trash in the cans will be picked up Wed. and placed on the road for pickup Thursday morning then the emptied cans will be returned Thursday afternoon.
5.When you are not in the house, please turn off all lights and fans. Conserving energy is very important to our small island.
6.There are no lifeguards on the beach. Please keep a close eye on babies and children as the beach and ocean can be dangerous. Please also note that the shoreline is the property of the people of Hawai’i, and is open for the free use of everyone.
7.Please only use appliances for their intended uses. Please do not leave the BBQ unattended and clean grill after each use.
8.The use of the laundry is for guests only.
9.Please do not move furniture in or outside of the house and leave property and all furnishings in good order. Outdoor, folding lounge chairs are located in the garage for outside use.
10.The house is on a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If any items are flushed and clog the septic system, you will be charged for repair.
11.Please keep screens shut and bugs outside.
12.Upon check out please make sure all dishes are clean and put back in the cabinets to reduce cleaning fees.
13.When departing the property, please turn off all lights and fans, shut all windows, and sliders, and lock front door. Put the key back in the lock box. You may leave the second key on the kitchen island. Please note that you may be charged $50 for any lost or replaced keys.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Peer Frank Molokai, LLC (“Homeowner”) and _____________________ (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1.Property. The property is located at: 8770 Kamehameha V Hwy, Molokai, HI
The property is furnished and includes items listed in the Inventory List attached as Exhibit A.
2.Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons:
Name:Address:Phon(URL HIDDEN)Drivers License#
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at _____ p.m. on ____________ (the “Check-in Date”) and ends at _____ a.m. on ________________ (the “Checkout Date”).
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 4 night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than 4 days, the guest will be charged the 4-night rate.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit B at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. Guest shall not access or view the property prior to or after reserved rental date unless authorized by the owner or caretaker.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens, bath and beach towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Please use only the beach towels outside. Daily or periodic maid service can be arranged for an additional charge.
8. Rental Rate and Fees
i.Guest can use (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) deposit hold of $500 on their credit card which will be removed after 14 days of checking out of the unit when pay for the rental or
ii.Provide credit card information: Any damages or losses will be deducted, with proper documentation and notice, from the credit card provided:
Name on credit card:_____________________________
Billing address_________________________________________ City_______________________________ State ____________ Zip Code___________
Credit Card Number____________________________________
Exp date_____________CVV (Security) Code _____________
By my signature, I hereby give permission to charge my Credit Card for damages or losses.
The deposit is for security and intended for use due to:
1.damage to the property or furnishings;
2.dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
3.any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay or breaking the rental rules.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately to not be liable.
b.Rental Rate. Deposit of 25% is due upon reservation and payment in full of the following fees shall be due within 65 days of the Check-in Date, reservation will be cancelled and deposit forfeited if not received:
$ _______ per night/wk/mo X ____ nights/wk/mo =$_________
HI General Excise Use tax (GET) 4% $_________
Transient Accomodation Tax (TAT)9.2%$_________
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows: 100 % if cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date less administrative costs.
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) website has options listed for purchase. By my signature on this rental agreement, I acknowledge I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance.
11. Vehicle: If guest chooses to drive the vehicle provided all drivers must fill out and sign the Rental Car Agreement attached as Exhibit C.
12. Water Toys: If guest chooses to use water toys listed on inventory and provided on property as a courtesy, they accept doing so at their own risk and release property owners from any liability or responsibility.
13. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are payment through (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) via personal check or credit card. Or personal check written to Peer Frank Molokai, LLC mailed to: P.O. Box 241, Indianola, WA 98342 with rental number and date rented written on the check.
14. Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
•The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
•A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
•The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below
[electronic or manual signature]:
Name (print)Name (print):
Phone # (during stay):_____________Phone # (during stay):___________________
My husband Jim's first visit to Moloka'i was summer 1961 to pick pineapples with his best friend and his 9 brothers and sisters in their Hawaiian home. He has been visiting ever since. My Mom was 4th generation born in Honolulu and lived on Waikiki beach before all the big hotels were built. Her family was credited with bringing the ukulele to Hawaii. I was raised in a suburb of Chicago with memories of my mom hula dancing and reminiscing about the beach and tropical environment. Mom passed away before we purchased our Hawiian home but I know this island is how she remembered the "old Hawaii" of her childhood. Every time we visited our ohana (extended Hawaiian family) in Moloka'i over the past 25 years we didn't want to leave. We are hoping you can enjoy the friendly, family, true Hawaii atmosphere that lives in our heart here on Molokai