Die Rotse Host House & Self-catering is a 4-Star TGCSA graded Self-catering facility, located in a peaceful cul-de-sac on Beach Road, Kleinmond.
This seafront property has two fully equipped 3-bedroom self-catering apartments called Spykerklip and Drievis as well as the main residence of your hosts, Werner and Lorraine Pauw
Drievis is a ground level apartment with 3 spacious bedrooms; the main bedroom has en-suite walk-in shower with toilet and wash basin and a single modern bathroom complete with an antique free standing bath and shower serves bedrooms 2&3. The main bedroom is sea facing and extends onto a patio overlooking the ocean. The second bedroom overlooks the garden and kiddies playground whilst the third bedroom allows easy access with a separate outside door leading onto the sunny stoep / patio area adjoining the barbeque area. The fully equipped modern open plan kitchen / living room is extended onto a sea facing patio with an unobstructed view of the inter-coastal tidal zone. Quality linen and towels provided.
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Satellite TV: Upgrade DSTV Premium Bouquet On Demand at extra @ R35 per day, but bring own decoder and smart card and connect for free. (Holiday Home Service)
• Flat screen television is in lounge
• DVD's and an extensive collection of movies to choose from (free)
• Emergency battery powered lighting during Eskom power shedding times.
• Small FM/AM battery operated portable radio during Eskom power shedding times.
• Gas ring for emergency use when we experience power outages due to power shedding.
• ADSL internet and free Wi-Fi – password protected
• Safe for valuables in each apartment
• Hair dryer
• European plug points
• Private balcony or patio from each room
• 3 x Outdoor braai / barbecue areas (We provide bundle of 25 pieces of wood for free, but additional wood can be bought at R50 per 25 pieces) plus we provide stainless steel braai grids as well as potjie or stainless steel pan, is available on demand.
• Patio tables and chairs plus sun umbrellas
• Traditional South African dinners by prior arrangement
• Cleaning services, washing and ironing by prior arrangement
• Camping Cot for baby available by arrangement
• Playground for kids with sandpit and swings
• Secure covered parking behind remote gate CCTV camera system around premises
• CCTV camera system around premises
• Can arrange Great White Shark Tours in Gansbaai. Please arrange well in advance. We shall invoice your account.
• Airport shuttle service by arrangement
• Malaria free
Interaction with guests
The hosts will also act as guides and sources of information on the greater Western Cape region and are willing to suggest day trips to places of interest such as one of the only mainland colonies of African Penguins in South Africa at nearby Betty's Bay.
Our Host House Concept is a fresh approach to your holiday destination requirements and differentiates us from B&Bs or Guest Houses, where we – your hosts – will demonstrate typical South African hospitality by forming a relationship that could extend to a friendship, between you, our guests and ourselves.
We take special care that your stay at our facilities would be a memorable superior holiday experience.
Die Rotse Host House provides you with absolute privacy and confidentiality when using our self-Catering facilities in which case we shall be passive but hospitable and allow you to do your own thing or with the option that your hosts be a subtle but active part of your stay, through our extended offerings.
Extended offerings mean that we shall guide you to collect seafood (fish, crayfish, Black mussels or periwinkles – subject to permit conditions, and weather and sea conditions), and help you preparing the seafood that you collected, or we shall prepare it on your behalf.
We shall guide and inform your children about the eco-system of the kelp forest and inter-tidal pools in front of the house and explain to them how to respect the sea and the little creatures living in these tidal pools.
We shall prepare typical South African meals at your request (refer to our basic menu, which can be extended within constraints of availability and our capacity).
We shall share our experiences through very informative and entertaining stories, as we have global traveling experiences and also knowledge levels that extend to most industries, be it economics or sport. You lead the way of the conversation and we shall follow.
We shall make available our private home facilities, as a very special request, in particular our sea facing dining room or our "under-glass roof indoors BBQ area", where you can watch us preparing your food of choice and enjoy our hospitality and hopefully become friends.
Die Rotse which means "The Rocks" Host House & Self-catering would want to leave you with a superior holiday experience that you will remember for a long time and consider it as your next holiday destination again.
Other things to note
• Bar nearby
• There are a number of beauty salons nearby and a Wellness Centre that caters for men as well as women
• Cycling trails close by in the Kogelberg Nature reserve. Kleinmond is a cycling-friendly village.
• Fishing spots in front of the accommodation. Kleinmond is famous for fishing.
• Crayfish diving available in front of the house.
• Whale watching in front of house or in Hermanus.
• More than 20 defined walks and hikes in Kleinmond with well-developed footpaths along the coast and mountains.
• Kleinmond is an artist’s hideaway - local art for sale at various galleries.
• Various local tours are available.
- It is a condition of the Business License issued to Die Rotse Host House to disallow live or loud music on the premises. We respectfully request guests to respect the neighborhood and next door neighbors and do not play music that can cause neighbors to lodge complaints about noise, behavior or conduct. The Right of Admission will apply.
- Our wish is that guests will have a memorable time at our establishment and our hope is that "all who arrive as guests leave as friends" Problems connected with abused substances such as drugs and alcohol has been a growing phenomenon and we respectfully request the “Booking Principle” to take ownership of the Personal Conduct of their guests.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View other reviews
I graduated at the University of Stellenbosch obtaining my B-degree and holding postgraduate diplomas in Business Administration and Strategic Management from Unisa and State University of California.
I joined the ABSA Group in 1969 and was instrumental in setting up Absa’s 1st dealing room, became Chief Dealer:Money and Capital Markets and later appointed General Manager: Foreign Exchange. Served ACI: South Africa as Vice-President and later received honorary membership. I was instrumental in the training of dealers, with specific reference to “best market practices and personal conduct”. In 1998 I was the elected representative for Africa and Middle East of ACI’s Committee for Professionalism, who produced the 1st Edition of "The Model Code", Officially launched in Paris 2000. During 2001 I became Chairman of the Committee for Professionalism a position I held until 2007. Between 2002- 2007. I was Head of Treasury and International Banking, as well as Acting Managing Director of Banco Austral S.A.R.L .(2007-2008) Mozambique, member of the Absa Group and retired from the Group after 40 uninterrupted years in 2009. In 2010 I restored the Historic family home "Die Rotse" in Kleinmond and entered the Hospitality Industry.