Die Rotse Host House & Self-catering is a 4-Star TGCSA graded Self-catering facility, located in a peaceful cul-de-sac on Beach Road, Kleinmond.
This seafront property has two fully equipped 3-bedroom self-catering apartments called Spykerklip and Drievis as well as the main residence of your hosts, Werner and Lorraine Pauw
Spykerklip is an upper level apartment and our deluxe accommodation, boasting an en-suite main bedroom with an infinity view overlooking the ocean and 2 bedrooms overlooking the Kogelberg mountain range. A second full bathroom serves the Mountain View bedrooms. All bedrooms are extended by joined balconies – the 2 mountain rooms share a balcony facing the mountain, whilst the main bedroom shares a balcony with the open plan living room and lounge and offers an unobstructed sea view. The fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances has a clear view of both sea and mountain. Quality linen and towels provided.
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Satellite TV: Upgrade DSTV Premium Bouquet On Demand at extra @ R35 per day, but bring own decoder and smart card and connect for free. (Holiday Home Service)
• Flat screen television is in lounge
• DVD's and an extensive collection of movies to choose from (free)
• Emergency battery powered lighting during Eskom power shedding times.
• Small FM/AM battery operated portable radio during Eskom power shedding times.
• Gas ring for emergency use when we experience power outages due to power shedding.
• ADSL internet and free Wi-Fi – password protected
• Safe for valuables in each apartment
• Hair dryer
• European plug points
• Private balcony or patio from each room
• 3 x Outdoor braai / barbecue areas (We provide bundle of 25 pieces of wood for free, but additional wood can be bought at R50 per 25 pieces) plus we provide stainless steel braai grids as well as potjie or stainless steel pan, is available on demand.
• Patio tables and chairs plus sun umbrellas
• Traditional South African dinners by prior arrangement
• Cleaning services, washing and ironing by prior arrangement
• Camping Cot for baby available by arrangement
• Playground for kids with sandpit and swings
• Secure covered parking behind remote gate CCTV camera system around premises
• CCTV camera system around premises
• Can arrange Great White Shark Tours in Gansbaai. Please arrange well in advance. We shall invoice your account.
• Airport shuttle service by arrangement
• Malaria free
Interaction with guests
The hosts will also act as guides and sources of information on the greater Western Cape region and are willing to suggest day trips to places of interest such as one of the only mainland colonies of African Penguins in South Africa at nearby Betty's Bay.
Our Host House Concept is a fresh approach to your holiday destination requirements and differentiates us from B&Bs or Guest Houses, where we – your hosts – will demonstrate typical South African hospitality by forming a relationship that could extend to a friendship, between you, our guests and ourselves.
We take special care that your stay at our facilities would be a memorable superior holiday experience.
Die Rotse Host House provides you with absolute privacy and confidentiality when using our self-Catering facilities in which case we shall be passive but hospitable and allow you to do your own thing or with the option that your hosts be a subtle but active part of your stay, through our extended offerings.
Extended offerings mean that we shall guide you to collect seafood (fish, crayfish, Black mussels or periwinkles – subject to permit conditions, and weather and sea conditions), and help you preparing the seafood that you collected, or we shall prepare it on your behalf.
We shall guide and inform your children about the eco-system of the kelp forest and inter-tidal pools in front of the house and explain to them how to respect the sea and the little creatures living in these tidal pools.
We shall prepare typical South African meals at your request (refer to our basic menu, which can be extended within constraints of availability and our capacity).
We shall share our experiences through very informative and entertaining stories, as we have global traveling experiences and also knowledge levels that extend to most industries, be it economics or sport. You lead the way of the conversation and we shall follow.
We shall make available our private home facilities, as a very special request, in particular our sea facing dining room or our "under-glass roof indoors BBQ area", where you can watch us preparing your food of choice and enjoy our hospitality and hopefully become friends.
Die Rotse which means "The Rocks" Host House & Self-catering would want to leave you with a superior holiday experience that you will remember for a long time and consider it as your next holiday destination again.
Other things to note
• Bar nearby
• There are a number of beauty salons nearby and a Wellness Centre that caters for men as well as women
• Cycling trails close by in the Kogelberg Nature reserve. Kleinmond is a cycling-friendly village.
• Fishing spots in front of the accommodation. Kleinmond is famous for fishing.
• Crayfish diving available in front of the house.
• Whale watching in front of house or in Hermanus.
• More than 20 defined walks and hikes in Kleinmond with well-developed footpaths along the coast and mountains.
• Kleinmond is an artist’s hideaway - local art for sale at various galleries.
• Various local tours are available.
- It is a condition of the Business License issued to Die Rotse Host House to disallow live or loud music on the premises. We respectfully request guests to respect the neighborhood and next door neighbors and do not play music that can cause neighbors to lodge complaints about noise, behavior or conduct. The Right of Admission will apply.
- Our wish is that guests will have a memorable time at our establishment and our hope is that "all who arrive as guests leave as friends" Problems connected with abused substances such as drugs and alcohol has been a growing phenomenon and we respectfully request the “Booking Principle” to take ownership of the Personal Conduct of their guests.