Just on the outskirts of town in West Asheville, our space offers privacy and comfort less than a 10 minute Uber ride into the heart of downtown. When you are not out experiencing the sights and sounds of Asheville, enjoy swimming laps in or lounging around the pool. Relax and be soothed by the Jacuzzi hot tub in your own private master bath. Come and go as you please, just follow the lighted path around the side of the house to the private entrance of the apartment. Cheers!
The private suite with private entrance is really quite large, measuring 25 feet in length and 16 feet in width. It has plenty of room for the 4 poster bed, couch, coffee table, high top round bistro table and antique armoire for you to hang and store your clothes. You can fit plenty of snacks, drinks, ice etc. in the 4.7 cubic ft compact fridge and warm up your leftovers in the microwave. The suite has a master bathroom with his and her sinks, toilet, shower AND a very nice Jacuzzi hot tub with strong jets and encased in stonework, perfect for 1 or 2 people. :-) In the warm season, you'll very much enjoy the enormous swimming pool, which measures 36x20 feet! It is very nice to walk out of your door and plunge into the pool as a jump-start to your day. Swim some laps for your daily exercise! Float away from your cares on one of our soft fabric floats! Or have your coffee in the morning by the pool in the perfect spot under the shade of the tree. We know you'll enjoy your stay!
The common area is the wonderful, secluded outdoor living space which includes the pool area, located behind the house and screened by trees and a full privacy fence. The guest suite is accessed by a locking sliding glass door which opens into the pool area.
Interaction with guests
I like to greet our guests upon arrival and show you around the property, where we keep extra linens, towels, pool accessories, etc. I'm very happy to answer questions regarding logistics, recommendations for restaurants or pubs, where to see music, etc. and just be generally available and helpful.
Other things to note
Our large house has 3 stories and the guest suite is located on the bottommost floor. My wife and I are at home much of the time. Also we have a friendly outgoing housemate who shares the house with us. So sometimes you will hear soft footsteps above, and at times we will have friends over to visit and use the pool. We like to be social.
Also, the path to the guest suite entrance winds around and down to the back of the house so it is not suitable for the disabled or folks who are unsteady on their feet.
We have two friendly indoor/outdoor cats that do not go downstairs.
-We want to know all who will be staying with us, so as a guest we will ask in advance who it is that you are bringing. We insist on a face to face at the time of your arrival.
- We live here and so we ask that you observe quiet hours after 10pm, which just means that we ask you to refrain from yelling, screaming, loud music, or behavior that is likely to be disturbing. We expect reasonable behavior, the same as would a nice hotel. Please be kind and respect us and our neighbors, and we will be kind and respect you.
- SWIM AND USE THE JACUZZI AT YOUR OWN RISK!! Use the pool or Jacuzzi anytime day or night, just please keep the noise down at night and use caution. You are your own lifeguard.
- As is common with vacation rentals with swimming pools, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A LIABILITY WAIVER. Although we have gone to lengths to make our home very safe, the unexpected can happen. We take no responsibility for accidents that happen during your stay.
- If you smoke, please smoke outside and use the provided ashtrays.
- Please place all trash and recycling in the provided receptacles.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.