- This vacation home is designed for relaxation - complete with wood stove for the winter.
- There are several good hikes in the area - including hikes to the Swinging Bridge, waterfalls, and the Appalachian Trail.
- The cabin has an open floor plan for the kitchen, dining room, and living room.
- PLEASE NOTE: **New, smooth, easy-to-navigate driveway is complete. **
- The master bedroom and two bedrooms with bunk beds are on the upper floor. The fourth bedroom and third bathroom are on the lower floor with a separate entrance for more privacy.
- The downstairs has a recreation/exercise room with ping pong, air hockey, Foosball, and Wii. There is also a croquet set and bocce ball set in the basement.
- The wrap-around porch has plenty of chairs for relaxing.
- The living room has a DVD player with about 25 DVDs available.
- No phone, internet or cable provided - just relax!
- There is also a small fire pit on the side of the house - perfect for s'mores!
- The full kitchen includes a regular and convection oven, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, rice cooker, bread maker, blender, and many standard items found in a home (e.g. measuring cups and spoons, strainer, grater) so cooking is an easy option.
- Guests are welcome to use the gas grill.
- There is also plenty of cold storage in a second refrigerator on the lower level as well as some space in the chest freezer on the upper level in the pantry/laundry room.
Interaction with guests
We are available via phone should an emergency arise.
Other things to note
- Rate includes State and Local taxes and standard cleaning fee. Pet cleaning fee extra*.
- The exercise equipment includes: a vintage NordicTrack, a set of dumbbells up to 40 pounds, and an adjustable weight bench.
- The master bathroom has a jetted tub and separate shower.
- The high chair is actually a toddler booster chair for the dining room - including a tray. It is located,along with a Fold 'n Go bassinet (portable crib), in the downstairs hall closet.
- Available Games: Uno, Skipbo, Rook, Decks of Cards, Yahtzee, Chess, Ticket to Ride, Dominoes, Chinese Checkers, Taboo, etc.
- For groups larger than 10 people, there is a folding cot available.
Age: The person booking the cabin must be at least 25 years old and must be staying at the cabin at all times. This same person must be the one whose name appears on the credit card.
Pets: Well-behaved dogs are welcome. ** Please contact host to discuss accommodating your dog - there may be an increased security deposit and/or special cleaning fee required.
Fireplace: Please do not place any items in the fireplace except for logs and kindling.
My wife and I have lived in Georgia since 1992. Our family is like many others-busy! Getting away from the bustle of the metro area to Blue Ridge peace and quiet is therapeutic. We enjoy trips into town to visit the shops as much as sitting on the porch staring at view with a cold refreshment in our hand. Our cabin is located along the Aska Recreational area which includes Toccoa River activities. We are close to several outstanding hiking trails and beautiful Lake Blue Ridge. It is our hope that you experience the healing peace we do if you visit.