This Private Studio in our Silver Spring home is perfect for a Washington DC visit.
Great for a couple or a family of three.
Nestled among trees in a quite neighborhood, with easy access to Metro and downtown Washington, DC! We are close to public transportation, and many restaurants.
Close to movie theaters, and AFI.
Close to Montgomery College, Holy Cross and Washington Adventist hospitals, bike paths and Sligo Creek Park as well as University of Maryland College Park.
Our guest suite is located in the lower level of our single family home in the beautiful tree lined Sligo Park Hills neighborhood. It is perfect for the business traveler or one person, a couple or a couple with one child (school age). You have your own private entrance and the use of the entire space (except for our occasional use of the washer and dryer with prior notice).
- Very comfortable queen bed with down duvet in winter.
- Futon chair bed, perfect for child or third person
- Kitchenette includes: sink, microwave, electric kettle, refrigerator, plates, cups and utensils (no stove)
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Wireless internet
- Private bathroom with shower, towels provided
- Closet with hangers
- Shady backyard and deck for your relaxation
- Free parking
- Close to park with bike, pedestrian paths, and playgrounds
- Less than two blocks to bus stop
- Great restaurant on the corner
- Close to Downtown Silver Spring with dozens of shops, movies and restaurants
- Close to Downtown Takoma with restaurants, farmers market and small shops
You have access to our shady backyard and deck for your relaxation.
Interaction with guests
We respect your privacy but are always happy to help with questions or needs.
You will also find a folder with some basic information as well as recommendations and menus for a few local restaurants.
Other things to note
Ideal for AIRP residents at AFI:
1.5 mile from our home
13 min bus ride (#20 #16 at our street corner) or 7 min. drive.
- Only suitable for children ages 8 and up
- If you come in AFTER 10:30 PM - please be mindful of noise: the path to this studio goes over the deck right by our bedroom.
- Washer/dryer are available only for guests staying one week or more.
- No cooking or hot plates allowed (poses fire hazard!)
- No lighting of candles or incense
- No smoking on deck or in the backyard
- No outside guests without prior permission