Recently renovated 14th century farm house, Can Bernadas is an idyllic spot near Alella centre and just 25 minutes from central Barcelona. The 30 acre estate has a swimming pool using totally natural mineral water from the mountains, orange grove, own lake and forest. Alella is a popular wine and food destination. The beach at El Masnou is just down the road and many others along Costa Brava.
We are new in Spain and have many plans ahead. This will be a great place for private relaxation and fun, a base for exploring Barcelona and the area. Can Bernades is walking distance (10 minutes) from Alella center, 8 minutes to the beach at El Masnou and by car or direct bus about 25 - 30 minutes to every part of Barcelona.
The first records of the building date back to the 1400s. In the 19th century it was a farm and vineyard; we are restoring some of the vines but don't wait for us, head to town where you find some lovely local wine bars.
The house is at the foothills of the national park, and the natural well water feeds the water reserves and our lake. At the end of our old road into town you will pass Can Xeco Monnar, which we plan to rebuild in a few years time (from the 15th century.) . Directly across from us you see the dramatic Torre del Governador and ruins of the agricultural school of Catalunya; this will someday be a 5* hotel.
A few notes:
- There is an enthusiastic dog, Otto, to welcome you.
- Sometimes Mok and I are in the other house to help greet you and you might see us working on the landscape.
- The pool is really private; we take care of it each day while you are away.
- Alberto the caretaker is there twice a day to tend to the garden at the top of the hill; when nature is kind, we have extra salad, vegetables etc and he is glad to share.
- Alella has fantastic organic Cava and several world-classes wineries such as Alta Alella.
- We use all natural well water from the mountains, including the pool - its a very different experience.
NB: we are adding new furniture and making more changes, so the photographs are just a starting point to know the place...
Let us know more about your travel and we can help make it a perfect stay.
Interaction with guests
We are sometimes working around the farm but you have privacy and can be totally at home. We would be glad to help anytime and make recommendations during our stay about any errands or places to visit.
Other things to note
We don't yet have fibre optic broadband, that's coming, but there are some perfect cafes with free wifi.
License or registration numberHUTB-017381
Learn about this number
From thousands of days and nights travelling across Europe and Asia, I've discovered a passion in creating the places and experiences for fellow travellers in the projects here in London, Spain and elsewhere. Come stay with us - for business, tourism, great food wine and cocktails, theatre and whatever will inspire you - you will greatly enjoy the time living here in The City.