Waterfront property located 40min from Parliament Hill in Ottawa and 35 min from Gatineau. Quiet and deep lake ideal for swimming and kayaking. Sit around the dock and enjoy the sun while watching the lake and wildlife. Supermarket, liquor store (SAQ), gas station, Tim Hortons, Subway, pizzeria and more are a 12-minute drive. Edelweiss Golf & Country club is a 35-minute drive while Montreal is located 2h30 minutes away and Mont Tremblant is 1h45 minutes away.
Our spacious 1,500 square foot cottage is surrounded by hills and tall trees and includes direct access to the lake and 3 acres of woods to explore.
Inside, there are 3 comfortable bedrooms with lots of space to move. The fully-equipped kitchen includes hot running water, a full-sized fridge, an oven, a microwave, a coffee maker and all you need for food prep and cooking. For the evenings and rainy afternoons, the cottage is equipped with books, two TVs with DVD players and an assortment of movies.
Other amenities of the property include a BBQ, 2 kids kayaks, 2 adult kayaks, lounge chairs and a screened in gazebo for outside bug-free lounging .
A large hill at the back of the cottage provides ample opportunity to go exploring and hiking. Our lakefront offers a shallow area for small children to play in. Multiple exterior decks provide the space to play and lounge.
Guests will have access to the entire property which includes the cottage, exterior decks, main dock and floating doc and a hill in the back for hiking.
Interaction with guests
During your stay, I will be available via email/SMS to answer any questions you may have.
Other things to note
* This is a family-oriented cottage designed for quiet enjoyment on the dock, paddling, fishing, hiking and swimming. No parties, events, or outdoor music. We also that you respect the comfort of our neighbours by being mindful of loud outdoor noises before 9 am and after 11 pm.
* We supply pillows, bed sheets, blankets, towels and kitchen towels. The cottage is also equipped with paper towels, toilet paper, soap, shampoo and conditioner for our guests.
* For those chilly nights, the cottage is equipped with baseboard heaters in every room as well as an indoor fireplace.
* Since the cottage is surrounded by hills, cell reception is spotty. There is no Wi-Fi. Price includes the 3.5% tax on lodging.
* Open outdoor fires are not permitted.
1. Keep the house tidy and respect it as if it were your own.
2. No parties and outdoor music.
3. No outdoor noise after 11 PM.
4. Do not flush paper towels, tampons, or diapers in the septic system.
5. Do not throw food or any items into the lake.
6. Clean cardboard/paper, cans, glass, plastic can be recycled (blue bin).
7. Use watercrafts at your own risk and everyone should wear life jackets.
8. There is no access to the lake's boat launch
9. No smoking in the cottage, garage or gazebo.
10. Please lock the doors and windows when you leave.
11. Enjoy your stay!