In one-of-a-kind Crown Heights, this old house with a modern feel is classic NYC. Travel with family and friends (fits 9), walk to all major Brooklyn museums and parks or relax at the garden. Walk two blocks to the subway and the city is yours!
Our spaces are welcoming, comfortable, bright, colorful and clean. Eat, chill and watch a movie in the integrated social space. Get some peace and quiet in the privacy of the bedrooms or the garden. The apartment features a modern kitchen, exposed brick walls and natural bamboo floors in combination with original moldings, doors, bathtub and stained glass windows. Every bedroom has a large closet for you to accommodate your personal belongings (very rare in NYC!).
The beds are organized as follows:
1. Master bedroom: queen size bed and single bed. The photos show a convertible ottoman that was replaced with a permanent single bed.
2. Kids bedroom: single size bunk bed.
3. Guest bedroom: standard double size bed.
4. Living room: sofa bed converts into double bed.
The kitchen is fully equipped and we provide you with basic items such as olive oil, salt and pepper, coffee, tea and some ramen noodles in case you arrive late and hungry.
Your price includes a bi-weekly cleaning service. This ensures that our linens stay in good condition so when you arrive your bed is nice and clean. We use pillow and mattress protectors for your piece of mind as well. There are extra blankets and throws lying around the house for you to cuddle up and take a cozy afternoon nap.
Guests have access to the entire apartment, the garden, and laundry room.
The laundry room is located in the basement and shared with the 2nd floor apartment.
We will charge you a one time cleaning fee but we include in your price a bi-weekly cleaning service.
Interaction with guests
As Airbnb guests ourselves, we will do everything we can to make your travels smooth and easy but will mostly leave you alone to enjoy. We will provide the information you need to get to and from the house and will answer questions prior and during your stay. As locals, we can give you useful neighborhood and city tips if you wish to receive them.
We are currently living in Mexico City for the most part so you may not see us very often. However, our brother accross the street is always ready to help in case you need something urgent and we're not around.
Other things to note
If you really like our place but it is a bit beyond your budget, feel free to send us an offer. We are open to negotiation.
Again, your price includes a bi-weekly cleaning service.
1. We want you to have fun and enjoy the place with family and friends but we ask you to refrain from hosting large or loud parties.
2. Please be considerate to our neighbors, keep music, voices, etc at a reasonable level.
3. If you are a smoker, please take it outside.
4. Sorry, no 4 legged friends.
5. We need you to let us wash sheets, towels and other linens (unless you bring your own of course).
6. We rent the place to you and you only. Sublets and unregistered overnight guests are strictly prohibited.
7. Any additional overnight guests must be registered and approved by us. If friends and family decide to stay with you, you must notify us ahead of time, as there may be additional charges depending on the amount of people and the length of stay.
8. We do not rent our space to third parties. We only accept reservations made by guests and ask everyone over 18 to fill out a registration form prior to arrival.
Use common sense and behave the way you would in your own home. We're very flexible and laid back, just be transparent and communicate with us. A detailed house manual will be provided upon arrival.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
We are laid back, friendly, responsible and very clean. We like nature, art, design, astrophysics, food and good company. As hosts, we try to do for our guests everything we would like as travelers ourselves. Andres works in solar energy, Mapa in architecture and design, Simona is a scientist-artist-cook. We currently live between Mexico City and Brooklyn. Our super-host brother Oscar helps us when we're not around.