Enjoy a unique lodging experience on our working farm. Fat Sheep Farm has 5 newly constructed private cabins available. The cabins are situated on a ridge overlooking our growing fields and the beautiful hills in the distance. Our guests can enjoy fresh seasonal produce, eggs from our chickens and a visit with the farm animals. The farm feels secluded but is only 10 minutes from I91, about 11 miles from both Woodstock and Quechee, and 6 miles from the GMHA.
We are a small working farm on 60 acres in Hartland, Vermont. We grow vegetables, have a small herd of dairy sheep and some very spoiled chickens. We also have some exceptionally cute Nigerian Dwarf goats. We like to share all the gifts of farm life with our guests. During your stay on the farm you can enjoy fresh farm eggs and whatever vegetables we have ready for harvest at the time of your visit. Each private cabin has it's own porch with Adirondack chairs overlooking our growing fields and the Vermont hills. All of the cabins have heat, air-conditioning, WIFI, and fully equipped kitchens. The cabin has a private bedroom with a queen bed, a spiral staircase leading to an open loft space that also has a queen bed, a private bathroom with a tub/ shower combo and a spacious living area with a sleeper sofa that pulls out into a queen bed. Clean linens are provided.
Guests are welcome to enjoy all parts of the farm. During your stay you can take a tour of the farm, visit with the farm animals, or collect eggs from the chickens. We also have an area dedicated for lawn games.
Interaction with guests
Todd and Suzy are almost always around working on the farm. They are happy to give you a tour of their place. They can show you the animals and all the vegetables they have growing on the farm. If you are interested in getting your hands dirty, you can also spend some time helping out on the farm either collecting and washing chicken eggs, feeding the sheep and goats or helping take care of the plants. Todd and Suzy love meeting new people and interacting with guests. They are always willing to share their knowledge of the area but if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation with little interaction with other people they are happy to let you enjoy your privacy.
Other things to note
We add a $10/night pet cleaning fee for guests that want to bring their pets with them.
The cabins are stocked with coffee, tea, sugar, cooking oil, and salt and pepper. We also have horse stalls available for guests looking to bring their horses with them.
- - No Feeding the Livestock: Our animals eat specific foods in specific amounts in order to maintain their health. Please do not feed any animals without checking with us first.
- - Caution and Child Supervision: The property is a working farm with electric fences, machinery, sharp tools, livestock, and other items not present at a typical lodging facility. Renter is responsible for ensuring his or her own safety and assumes all risks associated with staying on the farm.
- - No Smoking: Smoking is not permitted.
- - We do not allow any candles or any other open flames in the buildings.
- - Farm Food: Renter is responsible for properly cleaning and preparing any farm food, including eggs and produce.
This host has 18 reviews for other properties.View other reviews