Spacious studio apartment located in the historical Art Deco building of Mutual Heights (once the tallest building in Africa). Perfect city location to explore many sights and enjoy Cape Town's array of delicious food options. The apartment has an off-street parking bay, uncapped internet and includes the use of the gym/ pool at The Adderley across the road.
Please note that Cape Town is experiencing a severe drought with Level 5 water restrictions (See Amenities Limitations).
- located on Darling Street - close to the heart of the City Center
- easily explore the city on foot - day and night
- jump on a City Sightseeing bus to explore more
- 24 hour security guards at front desk and access control throughout
- rooftop pool area in The Adderley (accessed via Sky Bridge)
- two shared fully-equipped gyms
- off-street parking bay literally steps from the front door
- uncapped fiber internet (sufficient to stream music and tv)
- easily sleeps 2 (1 Queen sized bed)
- weekly cleaning lady (please request additional cleanings)
- open plan studio with no walls between bedroom and living area
- comfortable Queen sized bed / 200 thread count linen
- ample built-in storage for hanging and folded clothing
- bedside lamps for reading and ample plug points for charging
- full length mirror and two side tables
- separate bath and shower, basin and vanity, toilet
- fully-equipped open plan kitchen with everything you might need
- tea, coffee and sugar provided (please request additional items)
- kettle, toaster, microwave, oven, washing machine, fridge/ freezer
- comfortable seating on L-shaped couch
- 40 inch LED TV
- kitchen counter with bar stools ideal for getting some work done
THE ROOFTOP POOL
- infinity pool with loungers located in The Adderley
- accessed via Sky Bridge from Mutual Heights
- located in The Adderley and access via Sky Bridge
- secure, access-controlled, off-street parking for one vehicle
- height restriction is 2 metres
Guests can enjoy full access to everything in the apartment as well as:
- one secure, access-controlled, off-street parking bay
- a rooftop pool located in The Adderley
- two shared gyms including both cardio and weights equipment
Interaction with guests
This listing is professionally managed by us - Superhost South Africa (SHSA).
We will get in touch to arrange check-in and will meet you at the listing in person. Please be sure to keep us posted about any travel delays to ensure we are available at the listing upon arrival.
For guest stays longer than a week we offer a complimentary weekly clean which includes tidying the listing, doing any dishes, changing bedding and towels, emptying rubbish, etc. Note that this does NOT include personal laundry which you are welcome to wash in the washing machine provided.
Should you experience any issues during your stay please feel free to contact us via Airbnb messenger.
We will meet you at the listing for checkout unless arranged otherwise. There is no need to clean but please hang open towels and switch off appliances/ lights.
Other things to note
- Early check-in / Late checkout:
We often have same day check-in's and checkouts. Our check-in time is after 3pm and our checkout time is before 10am. We will do our best to accommodate early check-in requests or late checkout requests. Where that is not possible we will do our best to accommodate an early bag drop or late luggage storage. NOTE that this is not guaranteed and will be confirmed the day before check-in/ checkout.
- Late check-in:
Please note that our check-in time is from 3pm to 10pm. A late check-in fee of R300 will apply to check-in's after 10pm.
This listing has uncapped fiber internet.
- There is no restriction to the amount of data guests may use, though the provider enforces a soft cap of 150GB per month and may throttle the line when exceeded.
- Should the uncapped fiber service be interrupted during the stay (and there is no reason to believe it will), we will provide guests with a pocket wifi device with preloaded data.
- We consider fair usage of such a pocket device to be 2GB per day and will bill usage in excess of 2GB per day at R10 per GB via the Airbnb Resolution Center.
- Under no circumstances will guests be refunded for prepaid data they have purchased themselves as these once-off data rates can be as high as R99 per GB.
- No TV channels:
The TV provided can be connected to your laptop via HDMI cable but does not have any channels.
- Smoking: No smoking in the apartment or any communal space in the building.
- Noise: Keep noise to a minimum between 10pm and 8am during the week and between 12am and 8am on Fridays and Saturdays. Please notify security immediately if other tenants are making too much noise or causing any type of disturbance.
- Visitors: Guests are allowed visitors at the apartment at any time- Please sign in with security before entering the apartment. No overnight guests are allowed outside of the number of guests included in the Airbnb booking. Please do not attempt to sneak in additional guests as security will report this.
- Rules: We will run you through some of the building rules upon arrival. These mostly relate to noise, guests, use of communal space and smoking. Do not break these rules as you will be held accountable for any penalties.
- Late check-in: Please note that check-in time is before 10pm and that a late check-in fee of R300 will apply to all check-in’s after 10pm.
- Cleaning: Our cleaning team will clean the apartment before your arrival and then once a week for longer stays. They have a key to the apartment to let themselves in. They are very reliable and there is no need to worry about theft. Please notify us should you not wish to have them clean the apartment.
- Keys: A key replacement fee of $35 will apply if keys are lost and must be paid before checkout or will be recovered using the Airbnb resolution center.
- Please note that Cape Town is currently experiencing a severe drought and that Level 5 water restrictions have been put in place. This should not affect your stay but we do ask all guests to do their part and to prevent wasting water. Guidance on this will be provided in the listing upon arrival.
From Dec 14, 2017 - Jan 11, 2018 the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Having used Airbnb across the world and still doing so while I offer my apartment and hope it can only but meet and exceed the experiences I've had and cherish from doing so.
Cape Town is a place I hold very close to my heart and I hope that my apartment can be a place of comfort and safety to rest your feet after long days of seeing everything she has to offer.
Centrally located to all the evening night spots as well as to the parliament buildings and some of South Africa's historical landmarks you won't have to travel to far for a good time and to experience the richness of history within the streets at the footstep of the apartment.
The apartment is situated in a building with a history of it's own and the building itself has won many design awards for her art deco style.
Wishing you the best stay, Shaun.