About this listing
This historic home is conveniently located in a safe, lovely neighborhood between Emory University and Morningside/Virginia Highland areas. It is perfect for business travelers and couples. You'll have a private room with a Queen bed and share a half bath and full bath with the host. The rooms are simply designed for maximum positivity and peace to help you achieve a state of mindfulness and flow.
This room is on the second floor of a two-story duplex/townhome. You will have access to the patio, living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry facilities, a half bath on the main floor, and your private bedroom and shared full bathroom with shower and tub on the second floor.
The space has been thoughtfully designed to stimulate positivity and creativity and support mindfulness and relaxation. Amenities include:
- Sleep sound machine with color-changing night light projector to support deep sleep, studying, working, or meditation
- Extra blankets and pillows for maximum coziness
- Colored pencils and Color Me Stress-Free or Color Me Calm coloring books for an artistic outlet to find relaxation and meditation or to unplug and rewind
- Either a Tibetan singing bowl or a meditation chime with a resonating sound that will calm and refocus your heart and mind
- Paper maps and guides for the city of Atlanta
- Instant hot oatmeal and instant noodles are available for purchase if you need a quick meal
Guests are welcome to use the kitchen to make coffee, the dining room to eat, and the living room and patio to relax. We also have a printer and a downstairs television with Netflix and other Apple TV apps (no cable or broadcast TV).
Interaction with guests
I stay very busy and try to let my guests have as much space as they want. However, when possible, I'm happy to show you around the city, take you to cool spots, and make recommendations about great bars, restaurants, parks, sites, and more. Just let me know if this is something you would like.
Other things to note
Wellness workshops and mindfulness meetings are held every other week in the living room on certain weeknight evenings. You are welcome to attend. Please let your host know if you would like any more information.
Two sweet cats live here. They love people and will want to greet you, play with you, and be petted by you.
- This is a home of peace, love, and respect. All races, creeds, colors, genders, political affiliations, and orientations are welcome.
- Please do NOT allow the cats to go outside.
- Treat me, my pets, and other guests with the respect you would want to be treated with. In the very, very unlikely case that any conflicts arise between you and another guest, first try to solve it like respectful, polite adults. If the issue continues, let me know and I will address it.
- You will have my direct cellphone number. Feel free to use it any time, day or night. You may call or text me. I may not always be able to answer (like if I'm asleep or at work), but I will get back to you ASAP.
- No parties, no outside visitors without explicit host permission in writing over Airbnb messaging, and no overnight guests without previous approval when you book.
- Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property.
- If you break or damage something, please let me know and arrange for its replacement or repair.
- When you request to book this space, please include the sentence "Right now I am happy because..." and put the reason why you are happy. That will show me that you actually took the time to read the house rules thoroughly. :)
- You may only smoke outside as long as all nearby doors and windows are closed.
- Put dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher.
- Clean up after yourself when you use the kitchen and other common spaces.
- You may do laundry in the basement.
- Please do not take any linens or other household items with you as souvenirs unless you are given written permission in an email.
- Do not walk around in your underwear in common spaces. You may wear a robe or pajamas (not provided). Nudity is only appropriate in the privacy of your bedroom or the bathroom.
- There is no curfew, and you may come and go as you please.
- Quiet hours are 10 PM to 7 AM. No one expects you to tip-toe around during the day, even if someone is taking a nap. :) However, after about 11 PM, please keep the noise down, especially if people are trying to sleep. You may talk or watch TV, but please keep the volume reasonably low so that you don't disturb others.
- Return all keys before or at the time of checkout.
This host has 52 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I was born and raised on Alabama's Gulf Coast. I'm passionate about learning and being active. I graduated with a BS in Marketing from the Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
I currently live in Atlanta, GA, where I run Dogwood Fitness LLC, my own wellness coaching and personal training business. We help individuals, corporations, and organizations that want to improve the professional and personal wellbeing of their own selves, their management teams, and their employees. We also offer programs in partnership with healthcare and other service based businesses to seamlessly deliver wellness coaching and training to clients, customers and members on their behalf. I try to incorporate wellness and mindfulness into my hosting style.
In my spare time I juggle hobbies like writing and singing music in a band, going out salsa and bachata dancing, and spending time with my friends. I'm also pretty obsessed with my cats, Macaroon and Moonpie. I love meeting new people and sharing all the cool things Atlanta has to offer.
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.