Hi Peter. I'm very sorry that you've had this bad experience in our apartment. It’s a wonder to me why you didn’t contact us at any time during your stay, so we could have had a chance to improve your stay at us. That said I don’t you’re right in the majority of your criticism. We've had more than 15 happy renters for the last year and none of them have ever complained about any of these things - some of them even mentioned some of the things you criticize as good things about the apartment.
1. I cannot take responsibility for what is being build in my neighborhood. We don't live in our apartment from april till october (we live in our summerhouse as written in my profile) and therefore NO, we did not know that there was this much noise from the building site. The people who lived there for 3 month before you never mentioned it. I didn't mention it when you asked because I didn't know - don't indicated that I'm a liar. When we came to clean the apartment after your stay we found a note on the main door, which has been put up during or just before your stay. The note was from the construction company and it informed neighbors about that there will be a short period of time with noisy activities from the site. We haven’t been at the apartment during your stay, and you haven’t said anything so how should we know anything about the noise?
2. No one but you have never complained about our sleeping situation and you were only two people so what you point out is irrelevant. It's not right that we make our couch into two beds. We have extra mattresses for that purpose, as described in our listing. There you can also se that the second bedroom is in the living room, but with own bathroom. Don't you worry about our future guests - they'll be fine because the normally read the listing before booking... Besides we have pictures on our profile with texts on it that describes the sleeping situations and all our rooms.
3. We really like our couch ourselves so I'm glad you didn't bring it back home :) The mattress is actually an expensive foam mattress developed for sleeping on and we find the comfort of it a lot better than what you’ll find on a regular couch. Once again, you had the opportunity to see the couch on the pictures of our flat, so I don’t understand why you are so surprised.
4. Again - you are the first to mention this problem. If you choose to rent/live in an apartment you choose to live close to other people. It's a shared backyard and therefore we share it with other people. Yes we could put up some curtains, but we never had the problem ourselves. It would have been easy for you to put up a towel in the bedroom window. The view from the street isn’t quite true. The apartment is elevated so people in the street level can only see the celling and upper parts of the walls.
5. The things you mention as "basics" in the kitchen are not basics to me. I never use napkins, table cloths, ice tray for freezer, etc. We don't provide herbs, oils, etc for our guests - it's not part of our service and therefore it is not on our "facility-list". We have a kettle that you can put on our 3200 watt induction stove with boost, which is a lot quicker that a regular electric kettle. What's wrong with that? For coffee making we provided you with a electric grinder and a slow brew kettle which brews a lot better and more fresh coffee than a standard coffee maker do. There’s a reason why the high end coffee shops uses a set up like ours instead of a classic coffee maker… Our cups are NOT repaired with epoxy or anything else! The cup you left on the table was cracked underneath the factory made porcelain glazing. And for the microwave why didn't you just move it instead of being angry about the whole month? We like it up there…
6. We are a part of a shared backyard. I'm not to control what my neighbors are telling you so why didn't you contact me if you had a problem with them?? They are not right about that you can't use it without permission but I can't fix that now because you didn't tell me there was a problem.
7. You can't move into someone else's home and expect that they do all the same things as you do. No we don't use the same things in the kitchen as you do and we don't have the same privacy problems as you do. The next time you rent a shitty apartment like ours I'll recommend you to tell your host instead of sending a bunch of complains afterwards that they can't do anything to fix then. The price is what it is because of e.g. free private parking (very expensive in Aarhus C), access to garden and all the trouble with bedlinen and towels, etc.