Your hosts, David & William, invite you to stay in our relaxing guest room, with shared access to most of our townhome. You'll have easy access to the Ravenswood, Lincoln Square & Andersonville neighborhoods; public transit (a fast commuter train, 3 city bus routes, & "L" trains); a supermarket, gym, & parks. Our area is filled with unique restaurants & eclectic shops. It's a part of Chicago many visitors miss! Our two cats share hosting duties. We welcome folks from all backgrounds & faiths.
Our only guest room is on our third floor (no elevator) with a luxurious bathroom shared with your hosts. Alternatively, you can request primary use of the full bath on the first floor. We have decks on both the second & fourth floors. Coffee, tea, snacks, & fresh fruit are provided. Central air/heat and a ceiling fan will keep you comfortable. Extra amenities include spa robes & slippers, toiletries, a yoga mat, umbrellas, iron, USB ports, Chicago guidebooks, and access to the washer/dryer.
We’re a short walk to many unique shops, great restaurants, a supermarket, and drug stores. Plus, we are just two miles from Wrigley Field (or easy bus ride). The Metra commuter train line, across the street, can be boarded a half-block south for a quick trip to downtown with only one stop. It does not operate between 1am-5am. The neighborhood is usually very quiet.
Cat allergies? Two friendly cats live here. Litter boxes are in the bathrooms. Keep the cats out of your room or let them visit, as you prefer.
You will have access to the living room (with fireplace), a fully-equipped kitchen, a den (with several premium cable TV channels), both decks, three bathrooms, and our washer/dryer (located in a closet off the first-floor bathroom). If you are driving a compact car, you may be able to park in our private driveway. You can also request a free weekday parking pass to allow access to our zoned street parking.
Interaction with guests
David works at home and is often available for consultation or conversation, at your initiation. William is a native Chicagoan, while David has lived here since 1989. Upon your request, we're both happy to offer suggestions to you for restaurants, shopping, entertainment, recreation, and public transportation.
Other things to note
If you're new to Airbnb, we would like to explain the cleaning fee. This covers our expenses for preparing for the next guest (laundry, cleaning supplies, manpower, etc.) after your stay. It does not provide for daily housekeeping services that you would see in a hotel, although we clean some areas very often/daily since we live here too. Guests who book longer stays can take advantage of our competitive room rates as we do not factor the cleaning fee into our daily rates.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
* Check-in is between 2 pm and 10 pm. Early check-in may be an option only if there is not a guest checking out the same day. Late check-ins must be requested in advance.
* Check-out time is by 11:00 a.m. Guests may request a late check-out, but that may not be possible if a new guest is arriving that afternoon.
* Smoking is only allowed on the sidewalk outside.
* This unit has four floors with lots of stairs & is not at all child-proofed.
* The guest room can accommodate two people sharing a queen bed. We don't have a cot/air mattress for additional guests. Only guests registered through airbnb for this reservation may stay here. Please provide the full name of an additional guest before check-in.
* Our neighbors have requested quiet time after 10. Please be considerate.
* Cat access: The guest & hosts' bedrooms have a connecting bath. A litter box for the cats is located here. When guests are finished using the bathroom, they need to open the door to the hosts' room to allow access by the cats.
The first-floor bathroom also has a litter box in the laundry closet. When guests are finished, they need to leave the door open to the hallway (and ensure the laundry closet door is left open enough for cats).
Our cat Mason uses the toilet. We request you leave toilet seats down & lids up for his access. (He has not mastered flushing but has great aim.)
My husband, William, and I live in on the north side of Chicago. I'm a psychologist by training but spent the last half of my career as a higher education administrator. My leisure interests include music (mostly acoustic singer-songwriters), films, books, traveling and our two cats. Favorite trips include Paris, northern Italy, central & southern Spain, and the Inside Passageway of Alaska.