Tucked away in a bush setting, in a quiet part of Hyams Beach Boathouse 2 is a great option for your beach getaway. Boathouse 1 and Boathouse 2 can be rented separately or together, making them a great option for a family holiday or a romantic getaway.
Location - The Boathouse has a lovely natural bush setting in the increasingly sought after Silver Strand Circle. You will discover that this is a quiet and peaceful pocket of Hyams Beach, yet still only a 2 minute walk to the main beach. It is also an easy stroll up to the cafe for coffee or a meal.
Key features The high ceilings and open plan living create a wonderful space to relax. Open the french doors to the deck and let breeze blow in, all while relaxing in the hammock.
Configuration - Boathouse 2 is three level home. You enter via the front deck through the bifold doors into the open plan living, with well equipped kitchen and comfortable lounge and dining areas. On the next level you have the second bedroom, with a queen and single bed, and the combined laundry and bathroom. You also acess the small backyard through the laundry. On the top level is the master bedroom, which is loft style, with the ensuite and walk in robe.
Outdoors - There is a small yard with a washing line and grassed area out the back of Boathouse 2. The living area opens onto the front deck, which has a hammock to relax in.
Heating and cooling - There is a combustion fireplace in the living area for the cooler months. There are pedistal fans for the warmer days, and the louvered windows allow the breeze through the house.
Linen - Boathouse 2 supplies linen and bath towels. However, please remember to bring your own beach towels.
Parking - Boathouse 2 has parking for 1 car and shares a driveway with the next door property.
Pets - Boathouse 1 is not a pet-friendly property.
You will have the entire use of this property.
Interaction with guests
Our property is not a bed and breakfast, so we will leave you in peace during your stay, however if you need us, please contact The Holidays Collection on (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Other things to note
Minimum stay - there is a minimum 2 night stay for all bookings, which changes to 3 nights on long weekends, 4 nights at Easter and 7 night blocks during peak season. Peak season runs from mid-December to the end of the Australia Day long weekend in January.
Peak changeover day - please note that during peak season, our properties have designated changeover days so as to make the cleaning rosters manageable.
Internet / Wi-Fi access - please be aware that there is no ADSL in Hyams Beach and poor ADSL internet in most other areas of Jervis Bay. As a result, until the NBN is rolled out, none of our houses offer internet access. If a house has internet, you may nonetheless use it with no guarantee of reliability or bandwidth by us or the owner. If you bring an internet dongle with you, the best network is Telstra, followed by Vodafone. Otherwise, use your smart phone only during your stay or go across to Huskisson where various cafes offer free wifi. The Sanctuary Point Public Library and the St Georges Basin Country Club also provide free Wi-Fi.
Our extra rules are as follows:
• If you depart on a Sunday or public holiday, we may give you a 4pm checkout. This will be advised at the time of booking
• sorry, no schoolies, no weddings, no bucks, hens or other parties
• sorry, you may not exceed the number of guests that your house is rated for
• whilst we take care to keep all in good condition and working order, nevertheless breakages, outages and malfunctions beyond our control do occur. When this happens, we will rectify a situation as soon as practicable, but do not guarantee or take any further responsibility
• re the security bond held by airbnb for your stay: if you look after the property like your own, respect the peace and quiet of your neighbours, take out the garbage, don’t move furniture, don’t un-cable electronic appliances, only have pets if allowed, and do not get too drunk or rowdy…you should be OK
• please also be honest in reporting damage or breakages, and plan ahead to leave the house and the dirty dishes in a clean and tidy state.
I have been the Airbnb Account Manager at The Holidays Collection based in Hyams Beach for over 6 months now. From our portfolio of over 100 beach houses I have hand-picked a selection of our most prized properties to present to Airbnb guests.
The Holidays Collection is a privately owned company specialising in holiday rentals and sales in the Jervis Bay area. This rapidly growing business manages over 100 properties scattered along the gorgeous South Coast of NSW - including the beautiful couples only, heritage listed Hyams Beach Seaside Cottages.
We have a great team and on-site assistance from our office which is located inside the Hyams Beach Cafe!