New to Airbnb July 2017! Welcome to The Falls -- a relaxing mountainside retreat on 12 acres in the Upper Delaware River region, 2.5 hours from NYC/Philly burbs. Cascading waterfalls, lush forest, and views at your doorstep. Newly built timber frame solar-powered cabin is warm, inviting, and beautifully appointed with every comfort and convenience. This special getaway was featured on HGTV's "Tiny House Hunters" pilot. Sleeps 2-4 guests indoors and up to 4 more in tents we provide.
The "tiny house" is a brand new custom timber frame cabin with a two-story vaulted ceiling. A wall of windows frames mountain views, with forest in every other direction. 100% solar-powered, enjoy a sense of openness and unity with nature. Here's a brief tour...
* Porch * The rocking chair front porch looks out onto the mountain ridge where hawks and eagles soar. Dim the lights for incredible stargazing in jet black skies.
* Living room * Features a Jotul wood stove and queen-sized futon couch that sleeps 1-2 people. Ceiling fan has dimmable overhead lights. There is an automatic heating system you can use instead of the wood stove if you prefer the simpler route to warmth on those cool mountain nights.
* Loft * A compact spiral staircase leads to two twin beds and easterly views. Wake up to the sun rising over the mountain and feel like you're in the trees. Overlooks the living room below but just lower the floor-to-ceiling blackout curtains for some privacy or to postpone sunrise and sleep in late.
* Bathroom * Cedar-lined full bathroom with a rain shower and unlimited on-demand hot water system. Includes fresh towels and natural bath products.
* Patio * Enjoy the detached 10x12 foot deck with screened-in canopy, gas BBQ and dining table that seats 6. Additional outdoor seating with 2 full sized picnic benches.
* Capacity * The house sleeps 3-4 comfortably in beds, with an additional 4+ guests possible outdoors in tents, using gear that we provide (or B.Y.O. gear). If you'd like to book more than 4 guests, contact us about the tent arrangements. We'll be in touch to make sure your group will be comfortable.
* Grounds/Activities * 12 scenic acres to explore! Walk 200 feet to the cascading waterfalls that wind their way hundreds of feet up the mountain, or explore trails through the woods. Games include: darts, badminton and cornhole. Forage for apples (Sept/October) from the ancient orchard and pick wild blackberries and raspberries (mid to late July). Cap your day with a campfire at the fire ring, with log bench and camp chair seating.
*Experience the future of sustainable, green energy in action. You'll be 100% off-the-grid and solar-powered. Tech and sustainability lovers will enjoy the wizardry of the high-powered solar and battery power system -- one of the few that exist in the entire region. All the gadgets, appliances and electricity work just like a normal house, but entirely from solar energy, 24/7 even on cloudy days.
Guests have full private access to the house, appliances, games, BBQ, dishes/pots/pans, and property. It has all the comforts of home!
You're welcome to use all of the following, plus anything else that is noted throughout the home:
- spices, cooking seasonings and condiments
- bath towels, sheets, toiletries, cozy wool and fleece blankets
- coffee and french press
- paper products: toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates
- all dishes, cookware and utensils
- bug spray
- books! Enjoy a growing library of classic and contemporary cabin reads
- folding camp chairs (6 provided)
- badminton set
- dart board
Interaction with guests
You'll have the house all to yourself. Self check-in any time of day. You will receive an electronic door code in advance. We are accessible to you by phone, email or text at any time! When you book, send us a note with things you enjoy doing and we'll respond with some local recommendations.
Other things to note
We will provide you with a detailed Visitor Guide before your stay that includes frequently asked questions, safety info, and suggestions on places to eat, shop and explore. For example:
* 3 miles to the Delaware River (arrange fun tubing, canoeing or kayaking trips with a choice of 2 local outfitters)
* Restaurants, bars, antiquing and adventure outfitters located nearby in Equinunk, Hancock and Callicoon.
* Visit two backwoods local pubs and the Equinunk General Store for provisions, just 5 mins down the road
* On-site hiking, campfire ring, firewood and more
* Common sense seasonal rules about fire safety and local wildlife will be provided and must be followed
* WiFi is available in the house for basic Internet access (browsing, email, calling) but please note there is limited Verizon cell and LTE Internet service in the immediate area. The cabin WiFi is "3G" speed and will not support streaming video like Netflix. To make calls from the cabin, please ensure you enable "WiFi Calling" on your phone or with your provider before heading over. Alternatively, Verizon users can stroll up the hill a bit and catch a good signal for calling. We are happy to provide additional info to help you stay in touch during your stay in the mountains!
* Anything else, please just ask! We love to share the magic of this area with newcomers and will go out of our way to make your stay unforgettable!
- Must read and adhere to Visitor Guide provided before arrival
- No fireworks, please
- Outdoor fires may be limited during dry season (Feb/Mar) and as weather conditions permit
- Groups larger than 4 subject to case-by-case approval; parties and outside guests strictly prohibited at all times
- Like all homes, this cabin has inherent risks like the wood stove and steep, unique spiral stairs that could be a hazard to children or pets if they are not supervised at all times. There are no security gates and no child proofing features (cabinet locks, outlet covers, furniture straps, etc.)
- The waterfall/stream and grounds have some very steep drop offs and slippery rocks. Adult supervision and buddy system is required while exploring.
- Please only book this rental if you understand these hazards and take precautions with your human kiddos and furry kiddos alike!
Passionate about meeting new people from all walks of life and sharing the magic of our property and the surrounding region. As guests we treat everyone's property the way we hope others will care for ours! From lazy days relaxing by a mountain creek to jetsetting to islands abroad, we are versatile travelers who enjoy both adventure and the simpler things in life.