About this listing
Ash timber floors and solid steel and timber furnishings line this Collingwood single bedroom apartment, giving you a taste of the flavours of the area. A little grunge, a little art and a lot of food inspired the design of the home. Cook books and a fully decked out kitchen means you can attempt some of those complex dishes you tried at the decadent restaurants nearby, right at home.
The apartment has a comfy queen bed made up with hotel quality linen and towelling in the spacious bedroom and there are robes for you to store your things during your stay. There is a separate bathroom and long, open plan kitchen and dining making it not one of your typical cramped inner city developments. Clothes washing facilities are available with a large, sun-filled balcony with sun-lounge and clothes line for catching some rays or catching up on doing your washing!
Super-fast wifi internet is installed so that if you're here for work you won't miss a beat and there is a little space by the kitchen that you can get some sun and work done at the same time.
The entire apartment will be yours to enjoy during your stay in Melbourne. This is NOT one of those shared apartments!
Interaction with guests
Hope you'll enjoy your stay! If you need anything, don't hesitate to get in touch and me and the team at Beyond a Room are available 24hrs in the case of an emergency so you won't have anything to worry about.
- No high heels on the wooden floor
- No smoking.
- Pets are not allowed.
- No parties. You can have friends over, but please save your energy for your night out
- Having a party will forfeit your entire bond.
- When checking out, please leave the apartment in a clean and tidy manner. You don’t need to mop and vacuum but please remember this is someone’s home and to put things back where you found them.
- Keep noise down between 10pm and 8am (City Council rule) and be respectful of our neighbours.
- If there is a medical emergency, fire or matters requiring police assistance, please contact 000. For other matters, phone me.
- It is your responsibility to lock up when you are not home and to turn off the fans, lights, heaters and TV. Plus, saving the environment makes you cool.
- I do not accept responsibility for loss of property. However, if you realise you have left something in the apartment after check-out please phone and I will do my best to have it returned to you.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
I’m an entrepreneur, architecture graduate, photographer, cyclist (NOT the lycra kind), volunteer, adventurer and problem solver.
During my studies I worked at various cafes and architecture offices to save up for shoestring trips around the world. My grandma once told me I had ‘champagne taste but a beer budget’ and it’s a motto I’ve enjoyed applying to different parts of my life to get the more out of less and find enjoyment in the little things.
I love discovering authentic experiences when I travel and I love being able to share the opportunity with others, to live like a local when they travel too.
Some of my most memorable trips have been couch-surfin across Russia while taking the Trans Siberian, living in Helsinki and learning to hand build furniture, riding a vintage steel bicycle through France to race in L’Eroica and buying a car on craigzlist in Los Angeles and driving across the south, east and north coasts to arrive in Vancouver.
My listings are all managed by Beyond a Room and are all given names that I think reflect the character of the property and area. My aim is to give guests a unique and local perspective on the location and share my knowledge and experience of this wonderful city with travellers so that they feel at home. Search Beyond a Room to find out more about how we can help manage your airbnb.
I try to keep all my calendars up to date so if it’s available in the calendar, you can usually just go ahead and book ☺