Was nice meeting you. I wish you would've talked to me about your issues during your stay because I could've addressed each one. Although my agents requested to enter with contractors, clients can always say 'no' if it's too much of an inconvenience. My agents are always instructed to respect privacy.
1. The propane BBQ is in storage downstairs, the cover had been burnt from the sun, and finding a replacement cover that fits in Playa was proving difficult. Amazon prime doesn't deliver to beach towns in Mexico yet, so until we get a new cover, we bring the barbecue up for guests who request it.
2. If you noticed, the marble floors were polished everywhere but that one stair previously. The company had travelled from Cancun so that was actually the only day they could've done it. Sorry if those 2 hours inconvenienced you, but I wanted them to complete the job. Scheduling contractors in Mexico can be frustrating.
3. The curtain appointment was for safety, and also to order replacements that won't burn in the Mexican sun. 20-foot floor-to-ceiling theatre style curtains are quite heavy and one anchor had come out of the ceiling, we noticed it just before your stay. To ensure the curtains didn't come down if someone pulled on them, they had to reattach the rail to the ceiling in the corner. The east-facing single pane glass had burnt the curtains over the years, and when we tried to wash them, tiny holes were created. Soon, the curtains will never be an issue again, as I've ordered new ones with a new system.
4. Most places in Mexico run on boiler tanks, and hot water is limited to that size, hence most jacuzzis get warm, not hot. The problem with automatic hot water systems in Playa is that the water is not soft, which causes problems in the systems in a way that is very, very costly to replace. I am looking for a system that's affordable and reliable which can work in hard-water environments.
5. Regarding any lack of cleanliness, that is certainly a concern, and not normal. I'm quite demanding of the maid service so I will forward this to them in an effort for Mary's team to improve.
You were a victim of bad timing, really, I've never had as low as a 2-star review before in any of the apartments. I really hope this doesn't deter you from using Airbnb in the future, because I firmly believe it's the best way to travel the world.