My place is within walking distance of Chartres train station (7mn), city centre (15mn to the cathedral), bakery (4mn), and medium (6mn) and big supermarket (10mn).
You’ll love my place for its location in a peaceful neighbourhood, its authenticity (it is an old house), and the large welcoming common dining room and living room with a piano and full of books, comics...
My place is good for solo travellers or couples.
The sleeping space is a camping tent in a large garden with full access to the house. If you'd rather take a room in the house, I also list 4 rooms at a higher price.
It's a large full house (135m² on 2 storeys, with a dining room, a living room, 2 bathrooms, 2 toilets, a kitchen, a laundry) with a large private garden, and a parking.
It is an old house, last renovation was in the seventies, and this implies cracks in some walls, occasional rogue spiders, and out-of-time wallpapers. However, the functional part of the house is brand new (shower, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave oven...).
There's 2 shared bathrooms, one with a bath, and the other has a shower.
The garden, the private parking, the full house is open to access for guests with the exception of the basement or the garage.
Your tent is fairly large for 2 people and has a separate small sheltered space in front (see photos). It is located in the back of the house's garden.
At your disposal are daily products, and the fridge has free place to host your food. The kitchen includes basic daily products (spices, salt, sugar, butter, oils, rice, pastas...) as well as a large choice of tea or coffee brewing methods (even yerba maté !). The laundry room is free of usage and access (and it has a washing machine of course). The living room is also at your diposal and has plenty of books, comics, games, and curiosities as well as a piano.
Interaction with guests
I may be travelling myself, however I'll give you several way to contact me directly for any inquiry and will make sure that you can join me. When I'm there, I'll be looking forward to share a good talk with you when available.
Also, I have 4 rooms that I intent to rent, so you'll probably meet also other travellers. If you are curious you can ask me in advance: I would be happy to keep you informed about the other guests that I'm expecting, if any.
Other things to note
- We provide an inflatable mattress
- We DO NOT provide sleeping bags, please come with your own.
- moving into the house is a possibility in really bad weather conditions. This will be to the living room, with less than ideal comfort (convertible sofa or floor mattresses).
- for meals, you might want to reach out a nice restaurant in Chartres, or order some simple food, or even use the kitchen, note that I provide a basic starting set but I'll ask you to replace what you use.
- Be considerate and respectful with other present guest (you can ask me who are the other guests before booking.) For instance, I expect you to keep the commons free and tidy after usage.
- Please feel at home: food, books, comics, games, bottles are there for you to use as I would allow a friend to use them: I await also that you act as a friend, and replace books or comics exactly where you found them, replace bottles that you drank, and generally try to leave the commons as clean as you found them ! Thanks !
- In doubt, or if there are any problems (you broke something, something does not work as expected, you wonder if you can use something you found in the house, there's something wrong with the house, you want to know where to find this or that object), contact me as soon as possible.
- smoking is allowed in the garden or at the window, please dispose of the cigarette butts in a regular trash and not in the garden (nor in gutters).