**Please click on "read more" and read everything below before booking**
Our place is a bit unusual and we want to be sure it's a great match for your style of traveling. Please read all details below, plus the house rules so you don't miss anything that might really matter to you once you get here (shared bathroom, steep ladder, etc)
• This is studio #7 - a private airbnb room designed as a simple & affordable space for arts-related guests near the heart of Seattle's downtown gallery district. But you don't have to be an artist to stay here - all are welcome!
• You'll have this private room all to yourself. It's located among 15 other art studios on the 2nd floor of our building in the Japantown area of Seattle's historic International District. It has an upper bed-loft with a luxurious Novaform queen mattress & very comfortable bedding. Please note that you'll need to climb a ladder to get up into the bed loft. The lower portion of the room has a small love seat couch (not meant for sleeping), desk & chair, and other basic furniture. Free wifi and satellite TV w/HBO are included. Shared bathrooms & kitchenette are very close by.
• We don't recommend booking this room if you have trouble climbing stairs & ladders. There is a pretty long flight of stairs to get up to our floor (no elevator), and you'll need to climb a steep ladder to get up into the bed area of the loft. The couch is small and is not meant for sleeping.
• You'll have access to 2 shared bathrooms nearby down the hallway, one with a shower. You can also use our shared kitchenette area with fridge & microwave (no stove). Although there are other artists working in the building and sharing these common areas, they don't live here and most of the time you'll hardly see anyone around. Check out our many reviews for feedback about the shared bathrooms if you're wondering...
• Our listing is a little unusual and we want to be sure it's going to meet your needs before you choose to book it. Please send us a note with the secret code word TEDDY (that's our dog) - this will let us know you hung in there and read the whole thing.
• Also before booking make sure your user i.d. profile is complete, including a good clear photo of you. It helps with security in our building to be able to identify guests.
Interaction with guests
Our style is to give guests total privacy, but to be available if you need anything. Some guests arrive in the evening and might feel uncomfortable asking questions late at night - so we've tried to provide as much info as possible to help you figure things out. You'll see some post-it notes in the shared spaces, which most people find helpful, (but some find irritating - sorry!) There's also a guidebook on the desk in the room which will hopefully answer most of your questions. But please don't be shy if you need something or have questions. We're easy to reach, and often we're close by during the day working somewhere in the building.
Other things to note
There is a long flight of stairs to get up to our floor and no elevator. Also you need to climb a ladder to get up into the bed loft. And finally just want to make triple sure you've noticed this has a shared bathroom. (Remember to mention the secret code word TEDDY to let us know our place is perfect for you!)
Please be sure to read our house rules & our entire description about THE SPACE before booking - and look for our *secret code word*!
• 2 guests max - 1 or 2 guests sharing the bed. The small couch is not meant as an extra bed, and unfortunately we cannot accommodate extra guests.
• 2 week max
• check-in anytime after 4PM (you can drop off luggage earlier)
• check-out by 12pm noon at the latest (you can store luggage after)
• no smoking or vaping of any kind
• bathrooms & kitchenette are shared
• you'll need to climb a steep ladder to get up into the bed
• we supply all bedding & towels, and have a very comfortable bed - read our many reviews! The shared bathroom with the shower has shampoo, body wash, conditioner, body lotion, Q-tips & other misc. There's also a hair dryer under the sink, and an iron & ironing board in the other bathroom.
• we usually have other airbnb guests in a nearby room, so please be mindful of noise in the hallway late at night & in the early morning.
• our artist tenants are working nearby, plus other airbnb guests - so please no parties, extra guests or loud music.
• kitchenette & bathrooms are shared with the other tenants who work in the building, (none of the artists live here though), and with guests in our other airbnb room. We ask that after using the kitchen, bathroom or shower please look around and tidy things up so it's nice for the next person. There are cleaning supplies under the sinks if needed. Take your towel & all personal belongings back to your room. Even though these are shared areas, usually it's very quiet and it will often seem like you are the only one here. Still, it's important to clean up & leave the common areas nice. Other people are actually here working in the building, and we will all notice your efforts.
• in your room please remember at check-out time the airbnb way is to leave things as you found them. This means cleaning up after yourself as much as possible - as if you were visiting friends.
Hi, we're a married couple living and working in downtown Seattle. We started hosting on airbnb about 6 years ago and we love it! We travel and use airbnb just like you, so we understand what it's like to be a guest. As you can see from our many reviews, we'll do our best to make your stay easy & comfortable. If you have any questions just get in touch!