Spacious, furnished master suite w/ private bathroom. Terrific value/comfort near Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Harbor East, in Upper Fells Point. Walk everywhere. Near free circulator bus to downtown, Hopkins shuttle to Peabody, Bayview, JHU.
Help new arrivals find housing.
NOTE: Please fill out your bio, complete your verifications and provide a recognizable head-and-shoulders photo clearly showing your face before contacting me. For host security, we need to recognize you at our door.
Room is *huge* with a comfortable vibe! Queen size, brand-new memory foam mattress with gel top is very firm, not like a hotel or soft mattress.
Wireless Internet, own bathroom, queen bed, exposed brick, softwood floors, desk, small chaise lounge (not large enough for sleeping), dresser.
Amenities available (please ask): Ironing board, iron, makeup mirror, wedge pillow, Stram folding bed.
Dining room, kitchen fridge and microwave, spectacular roof deck.
Interaction with guests
Flexible interaction with guests! I work in a home office, so I have some deadlines to meet, but I can take breaks and act as a "concierge" to be helpful to you as you plan your day.
Other things to note
Consult the online Charm City Homestay site for tons of information on everything from the best crab cakes in town to theater and music options!
We offer custom tours of Baltimore and Annapolis, ask for details.
Not suitable for smokers or those with cat allergies.
No guests will be admitted without a clear, head and shoulders photograph on their profile.
After you book, please consult your confirmation email to read my House Manual and send me the Magic Phrase.
• Unable to host smokers or those who have cat allergies. This house has two permanent residents with asthma and smoke sensitivities. Smokers who book anyway without disclosing that they smoke will not be admitted and will not receive a refund.
• Visitors. Only the guests named and registered in the original reservation are permitted to enter the building.
• Wearing of perfumes, fragrances.
• Sending of any mail or packages to this address. These will be returned to sender.
• Cooking, frying, baking, boiling on the stove. You can use the microwave to warm food. Kitchen hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. firm.
• Eating/drinking (other than water) in your room to avoid attracting roaches. You can eat in the dining room.
Significant violations of house rules will result in immediate termination of the reservation, and the forfeiture of all fees paid for the reservation.
IMPORTANT: Read your itinerary email! It contains:
1. My address
2. A link to the House Manual
3. The "magic phrase." You *MUST* read the House Manual and send me the magic phrase to receive your WiFi password!
4 p.m. or later. Please advise me of your estimated time immediately on booking or by 48 hours before arrival.
Early check-ins (between noon and 4 p.m.) may be available for $15 — please ask though. Please be advised that the previous guest has the room until 11 a.m., and cleaning takes until noon.
SUPER EARLY CHECKIN
Super early check-ins (between 7 a.m. and noon) may be available in the Lukis Lounge, again for $15 — please ask though. This allows you to crash on a sofa in the living room, made up with a pillow and linens, until your room is ready at noon. This is perfect if you are arriving on a red-eye flight.
• 11 a.m. *firm.* You will need to be up, packed and out of the house -- not just the room! -- by this time. If you are late, the late departure fee is $25.
LUGGAGE LIMITS AND CHARGES
• A maximum of three items of luggage, such as suitcases, backpacks or spinners, are permitted. If you have a car full of belongings, the welcome manual provides you with paid storage options.• You may leave luggage early (before 4 p.m.) for $15 and leave it on the day of your departure (after 11 a.m.) for a separate $7. This charge is waived for stays of five days or more.
From Oct 15 - 24, 2017 the minimum stay is 1 night.
This host has 217 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Author of two insightful travel books, "An Amateur's Guide to the Planet" and "Romance on the Road."
Specialize in helping guests relocating to Baltimore with counsel on neighborhoods, landlords, rent levels, financing for ownership.
Love movies by Wes Anderson, Terrence Malick and Werner Herzog.
Favorite places I've traveled: Kenya, Bali, Assateague.
Favorite motto (from Voltaire): The perfect is the enemy of the good.
Favorite foods: Peking duck, matcha green tea ice cream and kulfi (Indian cardamon ice cream).