About this listing
Unique location, an ancient granite cave on a stunning seaside; with its private bay, solarium, gardens surrounded by gigantic raw rock colums and perfumed by mediterranean herbs you will get lost while chilling with people you love in total relax
The Secret Garden by the Sea is a flat surrounded by a unique mix of centenary fig, perfumed by local herbs like rosemary, myrtle and elicrysium equipped with deckchair, barbecue, table and chairs. The flat is only 30 meters from our private bay where you will be able to swim and relax in peace. Is formed by a spacious living room with double sofa bed, table and chairs, satellite tv; a double bedroom with air conditioning. There is a complete kitchen where you will be able to cook fish and other local dishes in the electric oven. The apartment has independent bathroom with shower and washing machine.
The flat is part of the Residence Cava Francese: an exclusive tourist location built on the shore facing the wonderful sea of Archipelago di La Maddalena.
History of the Cava: between the late '800 and early '900, this place represented the main extraction site for granite on the island. From the hills facing the shore, a rare and precious rock was caved and sold all around the world. Due to the development of concrete and higher production costs, the activity stopped suddenly in 1952. Since then, only the magalitic granite stones and ancient wooden cranes are silent witnesses of its frenetic past. After 50 years of inactivity, the Grondona Family decided to rebuild the structure and houses where stonemasons and their families used to live. The result is a unique mix of ancient and modern, surrounded by the beauty of the archipelago.
We offer several common spaces to our hosts like terraces to dine with sea view, shared barbecue areas, and solarium with decks. You will also be able to have for free access to kayaks and little sailboats ( laser) to explore little bays and secrets spots not reachable by land or with the boat.
Interaction with guests
When someone arrives in my Residence i like to see their amazed faces when they open the window and stare at the sea view; i treat my guests as friend, that's why you can always ask me what are the places where local goes to have dinner or the best beaches with no wind. If you like to party rather than chillin all day, you can always give me a call, no doubt i'll be around the island with some friends can't wait to show you local hospitality!
Other things to note
How to Reach the Island:
- By Plane: the nearest airports are Olbia Costa Smeralda and Alghero where flights departing from major European capitals arrive daily in summer. Easyjet and Ryan Air also serve these airports.
- By Boat: both Olbia and Porto Torres are linked by boat transport from Italian, Spanish and French main harbours. You can ship both with cars and motorbikes and without.
- By Car: once arrived in Sardinia, the main Island, You will have to drive north to Palau to take the 15 minutes ferry to La Maddalena.
- Public transport: direct bus from Olbia Airport to Palau, then after reaching the island with a 15 ferry cruise, get the bus at the Garibaldi column ( just in front of the ferry arrival) and stop at Nido D'Aquila. There you'll be only 200 meters from the house!
This host has a Strict Cancellation Policy
Cancel up to 30 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 30 days of the trip and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, as well as a full refund of fees.
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I was born in La Maddalena, a gorgeous island off the northern cost of Sardinia. I grew up playing among the rocks and centenary machines of the granite cave on the sea that my family owns from uncountable generations. Now the closed cave hosts the Residence I manage with my family.
- making apertivo
- chilling in my dinghy in the middle of the bay
- stare at the sunset on the gulf with a glass of sardinian white wine ( Costamolino is the Top !)
- making my crazy food experiments
- dive from the old train on the deck
I don't get very well with:
- negative people
- organised trips in turistic locations
- low-culture high-fat fast foods
- coca cola
When someone arrives in my Residence i like to see their amazed faces when they open the window and stare at the sea view; i treat my guests as friend, that's why you can always ask me what are the places where local goes to have dinner or the best beaches with no wind. If you like to party rather than chillin all day, you can always give me a call, no doubt i'll be around the island with some friends can't wait to show you local hospitality :')
Right now I am a Management Student in Bocconi University in Milan, i've recently lived in Australia just to enjoy a year long summer and some sun in Genuary.
I'd love to visit Brasil and Argentina in the next years
my motto: "Audentes Fortuna Iuvat" - Luck kisses who dare ( latin sounds better !)