Magical, otherworldly, and cosy, Gwesty Pili Pala – which translates as
Butterfly Hotel– is an unforgettable and wonderful holiday experience.
The entire house, which is a period property with scenic countryside
views, is decorated on the theme of butterflies, and was the setting
for the much loved Welsh language children's program, Pentre Bach. This
place is packed with activities for children, including playpark,
workshop, activity shed, and plenty of outside space to play. Children
are sure to be entertained with not an iPad insight! Within easy
distance of the lovely village of Tregaron, with its small shops, cafés
and pubs, and only 15 miles from the beautiful coastal university town
of Aberystwyth with its shops, bars, restaurants and museums. There are
plenty of local footpaths, and be sure to visit the small harbour town
of Aberaeron, which is just 14 miles away and is famous for its
chocolate box Georgian buildings, seafood restaurants, and
unforgettable honey ice cream.
Suitable for families, friends, or even well-behaved hen parties, Ty
Gwesty PIli Pala really is as beautiful as a butterfly!
* Size – sleeps eight in five bedrooms,.
* Beds –Two double, one bunk, two single (extra pull-out single bed
* Rooms – ground floor – living room with link door to next doors
play shop, which was part of a film set, kitchen diner, utility
room, reading room/playroom, WC with shower unit. First floor-
‘Jini’ character themed double bedroom, butterfly themed double
bedroom, young butterfly themed single bedroom, JCB themed single
bedroom with extra single pull-out bed, seaside themed bunk
bedroom, master bathroom.
* Kitchen and utilities – electric cooker, microwave, freezer,
dishwasher, washing machine.
* Entertainment – Freeview TV with DVD player, direct access to play
shop next door.
* For families – high chair, stairgate and travel cot available on
request. Please bring your own cot linen. An extra two children can
be accommodated on a futon if requested and prearranged.
* Outside – lawned garden with bench and plenty of outdoor activities
for children. Playpark, games room, activity shared, Sali Mali
playhouse, dressing up caravan, number of outdoor toys.
* Parking- ample parking available.
* General – electricity and heating included. Bed linen and towels
provided. Wi-Fi included. Secure cycle storage available. Some
basic household items such as soap, toilet rolls, washing up
liquid, and salt and pepper are provided. Group bookings can be
taken to include all cottages, which would accommodate up to 19
guests. There is a café on site with limited opening hours, and it
can be booked for parties or large gatherings.
* Pets – up to 2 dogs welcome.
* Notes – no smoking inside the property.
Unavailable: Carbon monoxide detector
Things to keep in mind
- No smoking
- No parties or events
- Pets are allowed