I find Ann's review to be completely overblown. Let's me enumerate:
1. My communication with Ann was abundant. Beginning with her delight in the unit and the complex. From March 6 through March 10 there were 8 communications.
2. Ann rented in March in Phoenix AZ. The rate for units in my complex for 2 bedrooms is $170. Ann used all 3 bedrooms so her rate of $180 was quite fair. Anyone can see this a very nice unite with many amenities.
3. As far as my inquiry about the damage, I don't think any owner would not have inquired. Please keep in mind that this unit has EVERYTHING new. So, when the cleaning staff observed what they thought was a crack in the new stove they informed me of this and other areas of concern.
3. I was never belligerent with Ann. I remained respectful but concerned.
4. The areas I inquired about were the gouge in the new floor with pictures provided, the broken light bulb under the master bed with pictures, blood spatter on the comforter, the stove damage with pictures, and the fecal stains on the sheets.
4. Due to logistics, I informed Ann what steps I had to take in order to determine if there was permanent damage to the stove. We had another guest arriving within 3 hours so I proceeded with booking a service call from the manufacturer. I informed her that I would keep her posted. Each response from her became more belligerent and adamant.
5. When my next guest checked out, my maintenance man brought his commercial buffer and buffing compound over and was able to remove what turned out to be a deep scratch. Of course he charges me for this so I had extra expense that I would no have otherwise. I informed Ann immediately of the outcome. Instead of being happy and relieved she was sarcastic.
6. It is puzzling that someone with rave compliments before being questioned about potential damage could become so angry and belligerent.
7. Last, the facts are the facts. There was no scratch on the stove before they arrived and there was one after they left. There was no gouge in the floor before they arrived and there was one after they left. There was no broken light bulb under the bed when they arrived and there was one after they left.
I gave Ann and her party a nice review trying to be kind but I see that isn't reciprocated. And for that, I will have learned my lesson and as my Airbnb rep told me, to always be candid about guests and tell what happens during their stay.