Come enjoy all that Austin has to offer with our truly special and comfy home which is just 7 miles from downtown/Austin Visitors Center. Great for large groups and families traveling with kids!
Discount: We offer a 40% discount off weekly rentals, when available.
You will love our place because of the coziness, the kitchen, and the beautiful and central location.
- Close to downtown, SXSW & ACL
- Texas Forever!: The traditional stacked Texas limestone house is nestled among the shade of many heritage live oaks in Northwest Hills, one of central Austin's hottest neighborhoods. It is a classic Central Texas mid-century home that has been fully updated to a contemporary haven close to everything.
- Our neighborhood has the urban quirk of a large deer population, and they are often visit our front yard.
- Stylish and comfy: good for both adults and kids.
- Bed layout: Master bedroom has king bed and en-suite bathroom, 2 additional bedrooms have queen beds and share a hall bath, Family room has two chairs that each convert to a twin mattress. If additional space is needed, there is a 4th bedroom with a loft bed that we usually use for owner storage, but can be made available by request for a small additional fee.
- Kids love us: We've got a foosball table, air hockey table, a netted trampoline and board games to keep kids happy and entertained.
- Pick your own herbs/produce: We have a front courtyard garden with seasonal produce and herbs for you to enjoy. Right now we have a bumper crop of cucumbers, basil, rosemary and lavender.
- Kitchen: Our kitchen is fully stocked. There is everything from pots, pans, baking wear, microwave, french press coffee pot, electric tea pot and more. Help yourself to spices and oils! If you like to cook, you will like this kitchen!
- Wifi: There is wifi, with log in information provided along with entry details.
You will have full access to the home, with the exception of:
- the fourth bedroom: this is a child's bedroom which has a loft bed - can be made available upon request for a small additional fee)
- closets: we do keep personal items in our closets, but have provided hooks on the back of each door for hanging your items.
FYI, this is our primary residence but we prepare it meticulously for guest use and hope you will enjoy it as you would your own. Expect a nice/clean/extremely well organized home...but not an impersonal rental unit. There will be a few owner items left in the freezer/fridge. You are welcome to use anything in the fridge and spice cabinets to help prepare your own meals. If you anticipate a large freezer storage need, just let us know and we'll clear stuff out.
Interaction with guests
You can text me any time during your stay, for your better comfort, or for good tips on the best food, entertainment, or the most magical stay in Austin. I will stay out of your hair but am contactable if needed.
Other things to note
This rental comes with the option to book an affordable personal chef service, called Dinner Elf. Starting at $10/serving, you can have a background-checked, professional chef come whip up meals right in the kitchen for you to enjoy throughout your stay. For more info, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) "Dinner Elf".
- Minimum guest age: 21, besides dependent children.
- Maximum # of guests: 8.
- Smoking: Not allowed.
- Quiet Hours: We ask that quiet hours be observed outside our home from 10pm-7am, and inside revelry be at a reasonable noise level so as not to disturb our neighbors. Why? Our home is located on a very quiet, family-oriented street with a ton of little kids.
- Pets: not allowed.
- Events and large parties: Not allowed.
- Anyone other than those in the Guest party set forth above are considered the sole responsibility of Guest.
- The house is privately owned; the owners, nor property managers, are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners, nor Property Managers, are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Only use appliances for their intended uses
- Parking: Parking is limited to 3 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Two vehicles may be parked in front of the house and one in the driveway. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
- We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house, besides pool towels provided for that purpose.
- Fireplace Rules: Please do not throw anything or any materials in the fireplace. Please do not leave the fireplace on unattended.
- Chimnea Rules: The outdoor chimney should not be moved from the stone deck. Austin has experienced severe drought and high fire risk for the last several years. Do not leave the fire unattended. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the chimney. Ensure the fire is completely extinguished before going inside the property for the evening or leaving the property.
- Trampoline Rules: Adult use of the trampoline is prohibited. Up to two children may use the trampoline at a time, but must be supervised by their parent. The owners, nor property managers, are not responsible for any accidents or injuries that occurs during the use of the trampoline.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
We are Jesse and Nicole Vickey. We run an Austin-based company that does affordable in-home meal prep, called Dinner Elf ( We love to be outdoors biking, swimming and mucking around with our kids in all the natural awesomeness that Austin has to offer.