Sat at the edge of Argyll Forest Park at the foot of the magical Puck's Glen, Stravaigin Lodge is a self-catering traditional Scottish log cabin just ten minutes north of Dunoon and within walking distance of Benmore Botanical Gardens and Loch Eck.
One of 18 privately owned lodges, collectively known as Lamont Lodges, Stravaigin Lodge is a perfect base for exploring any number of gloriously tranquil glens and riverside walks. Or if you're looking for something a little more adventurous the magnificent Beinn Mhor is just up the road while the surrounding forests, rivers and lochs are the perfect place for fishing, mountain biking or quadbiking.
We include Egyptian cotton towels and bed linens for our guests.
The covered porch is an ideal spot for overlooking the valley (and bird feeders). On a daily basis you will see blue tits, great tits, coal tits, robins, chaffinch, bull finch, green finch and occasionally a wren or a pair of jays. The rare red squirrel is also a thriving here in Cowal - indeed Cowal is one of the last red squirrel "strongholds" left in Scotland :)
A full list of amenities are as follows:
Two double rooms, one twin room, sleeps six.
Large lounge with view overlooking the valley. Wi-fi Internet, TV, DVD, hi-fi with iPod dock and several books, boardgames, CDs and DVDs.
Large kitchen with dining table seating six, cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and plenty of cutlery, crockery, pans, cups and glassware.
Recently upgraded bathroom with shower/bath.
Washing machine / dryer.
Electric convector heaters in all rooms plus additional heaters.
Dedicated car parking spaces adjacent to the lodge.
Large covered verandah with table and chairs at front of the lodge, with wooden gate preventing your small ones/dogs making a quick getaway.
Egyptian cotton bed linen and towels are included.
A child’s cot can be made available. Please bring your own bedding. We have a high chair too.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement and subject to an additional charge of £15.
Smoking is not permitted within the lodge.
Terms and Conditions
1. The lodge is to be used solely for its purpose as a holiday accommodation.
2. These terms will apply unless otherwise agreed in writing.
3. All prices are inclusive of Egyptian cotton bed linen and towels.
4. There is an additional charge for electricity which is charged at the current hydroelectric tariff. The meter will be read on arrival and departure.
5. Guests are liable for any damage or breakages and the cost of replacement/repair thereof.
6. The lodge must be locked securely when unoccupied.
7. Lodges are available for your occupancy from 4pm onwards.
8. You must vacate the lodge by 10.00a.m. on the day of departure. Late departures will be charged an additional day unless agreed beforehand.
9. The lodge must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Guests will be liable for additional charges if extra cleaning is required.
10. Our receipt of your booking confirmation constitutes agreement of all the terms and conditions.
11. We cannot accept bookings from persons under 18 years of age.
12. The price agreed is based on the number of guests as indicated at the time of booking. Should there be a change in the number of guests you must inform us in order that we adjust the total cost correctly to cover sufficient bed linen and laundry and cleaning costs. The maximum number of occupants in the lodge is 6 people.
13. Payment will not be refunded if a holiday is cancelled any later than 28 days prior to arrival, unless we are able to re-let the lodge. We strongly recommend that you take out insurance to cover the unavoidable cancellation of your holiday.
14. The booking is made on the understanding that the lodge will be available for your let. However should this not be possible for reasons beyond our control, e.g. Fire, damage, etc we would return your payment in full and you would have no claim against us. We are also unable to accept responsibility for any unforeseen problems arising during the holiday which are beyond our control but will take all reasonable steps to ensure such problems are dealt with as swiftly as possible.
Admission and Eviction
15. In the unlikely event of unreasonable behaviour or disturbance, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and ask that you vacate the lodge. We will refund pro-rata for the remaining days of your holiday, less the cost of any damage or other losses.
16. There is private parking adjacent to the lodge. All vehicles and their contents are parked at the owners’ risk.
17. Well-behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement and subject to an additional charge of £15.
18. Dogs must not be allowed on furniture or beds. Within the site dogs must be kept on a lead, under control, and must not be allowed to foul. Dogs must not be left unattended in the lodge. In the past this has resulted in distress for the dogs as well as disturbance to nearby lodges.
19. Smoking is not allowed inside the lodge as it would invalidate our insurance. Likewise, candles or open flames are not permitted due to the flammable nature of the log cabin.
20. Cots are available for infants. Please ask in advance and supply your own bedding
This host has 29 reviews for other properties.View other reviews