Beautiful apartment in the coolest Milano street on the corner of Colonne di San Lorenzo in historical Milano, close to Duomo, Navigli, Sant'Ambrogio., Parco della Vetra. Great cafes, bars and restaurants, just downstairs. Fully equipped.
I am an Italian-born professional recently returned to Milan after a period abroad; I am now renting for short terms my apartment in an Old-Milan building dating back to 19th century. It is just beside Colonne di San Lorenzo, in the very center of Milan, a 10-minute walk from Duomo.
The San Lorenzo area is one of the most lively and characteristic of the city and a destination for Milan's movida, with plenty of restaurants, cafes, wine bars and shops, located right downstairs the apartment and in the streets nearby.
The apartment has two bedrooms: one double bedroom with a queen-size bed, and a single bedroom. You will have the whole apartment for you and nobody else will be there.
- Living room with dining table and a fireplace, a TV corner and a desk/library corner. Loads of natural light all day long
- Kitchen with dining table, oven, microwave, etc
- Main bedroom with queen size bed, accommodatin(URL HIDDEN)Bathroom with bath/shower
- Single bedroom
- Bathroom with shower
- Free broadband WiFi Internet access available throughout the apartment
- Hi-Fi appliances available for guests
- Dishwasher and Washing machine
LOCATION AND TRANSPORTATION
The apartment is right beside the stunning San Lorenzo church, and basically at walking distance from anything worth seeing in the center of Milan: Piazza Duomo, Palazzo Reale, Via Montenapoleone fashion district, Castello Sforzesco. It is ten minutes walking from S. Maria delle Grazie with Leonardo's "Last Supper" and ten minutes walking from the Tortona area, where many fair events take place.
The nearest metro stations (S. Ambrogio on the green line and Missori on the yellow line) are about five minutes walking.
Plenty of ground transportation available in the surroundings.
Two taxi booths are also available nearby the apartment.
DIRECTIONS TO THE APARTMENT
COMING BY AIR/TRAIN
- From MALPENSA AIRPORT: take the Malpensa Express train to Cadorna station (29/36 min ride). From Cadorna station you can either walk (16 minutes) or take a taxi (4-5 minutes) to my place.
- From LINATE AIRPORT: as the airport is pretty close to the city center, the best is to take a taxi: it is a 15-20 minutes ride (around 18 EUR).
- From CENTRALE TRAIN STATION: by underground (metropolitana) take the green line to Assago and get off at S. Ambrogio station (6th stop), then walk to my place (5 minutes). Alternatively take a taxi from Centrale station: 15 minutes, 10 EUR.
COMING BY CAR
Milan is a pretty difficult place to park so I suggest to park in a private parking. The closest one to my place is in Via Olmetto 9. Parking should cost around 20-25 EUR/day. You may consider the street parking option, however this is usually pretty complicated in Milano. It is possible to park on white parking spots (free and rare) or blue parking spots (paying per hour normally with a maximum stay of 2 hours). Yellow parking spots are for residents only so if you park there you risk getting a ticket.
IMPORTANT - Please note that when entering Milano city center during weekdays a 5 EUR congestion charge (AREA C) must be paid, which you can do through the people at the above mentioned parking lot or via on the Internet (I will be happy to help you on this).
• Check-in time is 4PM.
• Check-in time is 4PM.
Aside from the official check-in and check-out times, I will be very happy to accommodate your specific travel plans.
I hope you'll use my apartment, furniture and possessions as if they were your own and treat our things nicely.
You can help yourself in the kitchen should you want to cook: fridge, oven and various appliances are there for you, as well the TV, iPad and HI-FI devices.
I am a (relatively) young Italian man, recently returned to Italy after a few years abroad, in New York and London. I am now an entrepreneur in the renewable energy finance business, living and working in Milan.
I will be very happy to introduce you to the beauties of this sparkling city: there's many of them - very carefully hidden, but many.