About this listing
Le Bijou of Queen Anne (the Jewel of Queen Anne), a craftsman cottage offers its guests the best in a private retreat in the City located just steps from the hustle and bustle of downtown Seattle. You are steps from Chihuli's Glass Museum, MoPop, Space Needle, Pike's Market, Amazon, The Gates Foundation, Space Needle, Cancer Research Center, Fred Hutch and more. This beautifully kept jewel is located on historic Queen Anne Hill, the only neighborhood in walking distance of the City.
'Le Bijou' of Queen Anne is a 1909 Craftsman-style cottage located on the western bluff facing Puget Sound in coveted Queen Anne. It has its own entry and sits overlooking a courtyard. Restored to perfection to preserve the Arts & Crafts details of the early 20th century, this home features charming crown molding and wainscoting, as well as lathe and plaster ceilings. The walls and original old growth fir floors were lovingly and meticulously repaired and given new life.
~Le Bijou is completely equipped with all the modern conveniences and luxuries one would hope to find in totally up-to-date accommodations in the city . . . yet it’s nestled in a private, quiet, intimate Queen Anne neighborhood.
~The living room retains its original architectural elements, with the addition of a gas fireplace to take the chill out of the evening air. A beautiful antique cherry mantel with marble surround is a focal point of the living room.
~ The kitchen has everything a cook could want: handsome original cabinetry, plus a farmer's cast iron apron sink, exquisite tile work, and a granite table with 2 whimsical chairs that remind your host of 'Alice in Wonderland' and the Red Queen at tea in the garden.
~The bathroom features a claw footed cast iron soaking tub, perfect for the end of the day relaxing. It is well stocked with everything to pamper you: heated floors, 48" granite-topped vanity with ample drawer space for longer stays, and a graciously sized shower. Turkish towels of the highest quality are provided for you, as well as top of the line, spa quality cleansing products. For stays longer than 7 days, fresh linens and towels will be provided.
~Do you long for a truly decadent night’s sleep in a fabulous bed? Well, we’ve provided for that, too. Through French doors, you will find the master bedroom, where you’ll embark on what very well may be the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had. We have personally researched and selected luxury, earth-friendly mattresses. Our mattress covers, deluxe mattress toppers, and pillows have also been carefully vetted and chosen, in partnership with a seasoned bedding expert, for your total comfort. All materials in our beds and bedding are natural, good for the body, contributing to a truly wonderful sleep environment. We’re confident you won’t go "Sleepless in Seattle".
~There is additional queen-sized bed in the living room. This sofa/hide-a-bed, made by American Leather, is the finest, most comfortable convertible bed made. It is NOT your typical hide-a-bed.
~Of course, the linens are all selected specifically for your comfort with their perfect weight, drape, and breathability, and always freshly ironed for your arrival.
~After a busy day adventuring and visiting, you can barbecue your catch of the day and spend the afternoon in comfortable seating enjoying the sunshine or sitting around the fire pit. Or you might while away an afternoon or evening relaxing, barbecuing, conversing around a fire in the evening, dining by moonlight, and enjoying the magnificent views from the bluff and Puget Sound.
~'Le Bijou' is completely separated from the main house on the property and totally self-sufficient, as if you were staying in your own residence. You’ll enter the brick courtyard along a bricked garden path, past a unique garden cultivated at the front of the property. You’ll be welcomed into the courtyard with perennial and annual flowers comprising a lush garden atmosphere.
Interaction with guests
A Little About Your Host
~~ It’s me, Debera, your host. Perhaps you’d like to know a bit about me before you become a guest on of one of my properties. I would certainly want to know who I am renting from away from home if not a hotel.
~ Just a few tidbits: I was raised in Tucson, Arizona and attended NAU and UAA. Lived in central Texas for a couple years, taught school for awhile and then got the wanderlust. I had never seen much except the desert and hot and dry. As a youngster, I’d dream about really high magnificent mountains and the ocean and always travel (read those books with a flashlight at night under the bed covers). As a high school student I saw photos of New Zealand and its green green lush landscape and glaciers.
~ Bingo: I started for New Zealand by way of Canada and Alaska in a VW Westfalia. (I know a strange routing but why not?) Upon arriving in Alaska, I took one look at the mountains cascading into Turnagain Arm and that was it. I was hooked. Alaska became my home for 30 years. Hiking, skiing,sailing and raising children filled those years along with foreign travel in winter(typical Hawaii for Alaskans, Europe, Hong Kong, Japan, Middle East (by accident)and Africa. If you don’t get out of Alaska in winter, cabin fever will set in.
~ Another Bingo…what to do next: I was raised with Latin as a language choice(impossible to speak) and always wanted to speak a foreign language. New chapter: I took my precious dog, Oliver Twist, and moved to France in 2004, went to a language institute, studied harder than I ever remember, hiked, skied , sailed across the Mediterranean, road motorcycles with my dog, parasailed, sailplaned….Oh my goodness, it was a fabulous year and a half. Why do all wonderful things have to come to an end?
~ Another chapter on the way. I didn’t have a plan coming back from Europe except I didn’t think long dark winters were what was right for me. I stopped in Seattle to see friends and Voila! Here I am. I look forward to meeting you and hearing of your visits, adventure and travels.
Other things to note
~Location and accommodations are ideal for families traveling with children, visitors, vacationers and executives.
~For families, there is a Pack n' Play and a stroller can be arranged.
~For individuals in Seattle for medical care or to visit someone in medical care, a 10% discount will be offered based on a 3-day stay.
Guests to supply personal email address and phone number for host to be able to contact you.
Cancellation Policy: 60 days cancellation 100% refund, 30 day cancellation 50% refund
HOUSE RULES for LE BIJOU
1. This is a non smoking residence. If smoking, it must be done in the alley or a minimum of 25ft away from any windows or doors of residences per City of Seattle Ordinance. Smoking of marijuana or use of any illegal drugs is strictly forbidden. Failure to comply with these rules by guests will mean immediate of cancellation of rental agreement and forfeiture of rental fees plus security deposit paid by guest.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed occupancy limit agreed to above.
3. Guest should not create excessive nose at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00pm to 8:00am.
4. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premiss or others whom they invite to use the premises.
5. Keep the property and furnishings in good working order. 6. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
7. PETS. Pets are permitted only with prior approval and Pet Addendum completed, signed and received by owner and approved prior to acceptance of reservation.
8. PARKING: On-street parking is ample year round because of the bluff across the street. Due to the narrowness of Queen Anne neighborhood streets, parking is done in both directions. It is not necessarily legal. There are two (2) parking spots at the rear of the property accessed from the alley. Please ask owner if you would prefer one of these spaces. There is no charge for parking in reserved spots.
9. HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and towels are provided. If staying longer than 7 days, fresh linens and towels will be provided weekly. If Guest would like to hire a housekeeping service, one can be arranged at Guest's expense.
10. GARBAGE: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling containers. Compost container and bag are located under the sink. At departure, please remove all garbage and deposit in appropriate bins at the back of the property in the alley. Garbage day is Tuesday of each week.
11. FIREPLACE: Instructions for use of gas fireplace are in the Home Book. Ple
12. Neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00 pm until 8:00 am.
13. EXCEPTIONS TO RULES: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing and in advance.
I have read and agree with the above provisions and now wish to make a reservation.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 16 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Formerly from Alaska for 30 years, I have also done extensive travel and or living in Europe, the Middle East, some in Africa. I am, of course, anxious to travel more. I have always been very keen on athletics: non technical elevation climbing, downhill and cross country skiing, bicycling, more casual hiking. I am an adventuresome sort and looking for my next one.
Since arriving in Seattle, I am thoroughly enjoying all of the amenties that the Pacific NW offers. I am located in the hub of what is happening in the Seattle area for access to all that might be needed: coffee shops galore, bars and restaurants for the foodies...anything you could want, wonderful social life, and of course, the Seattle Art
Museum which has amazing exhibits. Accessible bus transportation anywhere you want to go. Plus there are all the activities related to the water of Puget Sound, Lake Union and Lake Washington. Technology, hospitals, and medical research facilities are located in close proximity.