Our small loft apartment is on the 2nd and top floor of two (connected) 17th century buildings, with an amazing view.
In case we do not (seem to) have vacancy in spring/summertime, do not hesitate to contact us and we'll see what we can do, we might plan a spontaneous holiday.
Mix of minimal and mid century design in a monumental house.
Details: two double beds, lovely lounge in the attic.
Interaction with guests
In the past we made use of a professional host/agency, for a short period because we were abroad, but most of the times we try to welcome our guests ourselves.
Other things to note
You will love this historical apartment and have an unforgettable time in the exciting city of Amsterdam. It is very centrally located ("grachtengordel") at 5 minutes walking distance from Amsterdam Central Station.
Please take care of my little place as if it is yours
- The shower is under the roof, for tall people a challenge, we are not allowed to improve the situation due to the national monumental status of this 17th century building, so please take a nice bath like in the old days :)
- Pay attention on walking up and down the stairs to the top floor, use the cord to help you, the stairs to the top level are less/not suitable for small children & elderly people
- Feel free to use coffee, tea, sugar, salt, pepper, oil
- Take off your shoes when you get in, just leave them outside the door or at the entrance The feeling of wood is very nice on naked feet
- The work top is solid marble, it stains very easily So please do not leave anything that could make a stain (like orange juice, acid, tea, coffee, wine) There are a few chop boards and mats, please use them
- On the top level, there is a mesh floor (partly): it is safe Just walk in the middle of it, not on the sides close to walls
- Please keep the noise down, especially when entering the complex You share the building with other people, living there
- We kindly ask you to respect the neighbors
- Smoking and/or using drugs in this monumental apartment and/or complex is strictly prohibited The fine is €200,- to be deducted from your deposit
- Please do not open the sliding windows at the front of the house during winter season & do NEVER open the front-window upstairs (no hinge = old storehouse)
- Because of the official monumental status of this building some modern structural alterations are not allowed, like double glazed windows, so please use the additional electric heater in January, the coldest month, just in case
- 4 persons = max (Amsterdam rules!)
- When checking out, please leave the apartment closely to the same state as it was provided to you, in order to avoid double cleaning charges
- May you loose the key or accidentally take it with you when checking out, we have to charge €200,- for replacing the lock
- If you leave the house: please turn off the lights
Enjoy our house, have a great time in Amsterdam and do come back!
We, a family of five, come from a small village close to Amsterdam, and we have decided to expand our horizon by creating a home here in Amsterdam. Of course we had to share this with other people by giving them the opportunity to stay in this lovely apartment, and enjoy this beautiful city just as much as we do.
Love to welcome you to this fantastic city. Come to visit.
If not at home I am somewhere in the sun or making good art or traveling the world. I am interested in people, culture, history, architecture, food & art, the mix of it!