Cozy 500 sq. ft. studio apartment conveniently located 5-20 minutes from all major attractions and popular neighborhoods in Atlanta. Access to public transportation and I-85. Quaint kitchen, shower, WiFi, TV, pull-out couch, air mattress, patio, and workspace. Perfect for business travel, budget tourists, last-minute crash space, and couchsurfers.
If you just book the air mattress, you may share the apartment with up to two other guests who have booked the sofabed.
IMPORTANT: If you just book the air mattress, you may share the apartment with up to two other guests who have booked the sofabed. If you want to book both the sofabed and the air mattresses (giving you enough beds for up to 6 people total), please check out my other listing here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17459084
My place is special because it will really feel like a home away from home. So make yourself at home!
This is a cozy basement apartment in an old house. Years ago, the owners used this space for their house parties. It's not the Ritz-Carlton, but it's a great space and still has lots of friendly party vibes.
The outdoor space is very peaceful and has lots of birds and beautiful greenery. I love sitting at the desk or dining table, opening the screen door, and listening to the birds.
The interior is cozy and bohemian. Relax with a cocktail, wine, or beer from the bar and play the guitar or piano if you like.
In addition to travel-size toiletries, you'll have access to soothing lavender-scented shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
Please note that this is an old house in the southern United States, which means that you may see signs of an old home -- rust, dust, and the occasional harmless bug. I'm a bit of a clean freak and do my best to keep the place as clean as possible, but please have reasonable expectations.
You will have full access to the entire studio apartment, including kitchen, washer/dryer, and patio.
Interaction with guests
I do have a very busy work schedule, but I make myself available to my guests as much as I can. Please reach out any time you need or want to. When possible, I'm happy to show you around the city, take you to cool spots, and make recommendations about great bars, restaurants, parks, sites, and more.
Other things to note
If you just book the air mattress, you may share the apartment with up to two other guests who have booked the sofabed. If you want to book both the sofabed and the air mattresses (giving you enough beds for up to 6 people total), please check out my other listing here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17459084
This apartment is in a triplex. You may park in the driveway as long as you only take up one lane and you are not blocking other tenants. Otherwise you may safely park on the street.
- This is a home of peace, love, and respect. All races, creeds, colors, genders, political affiliations, and orientations are welcome.
- This is a shared space. You may be sharing it with other AirBnb guests. If you don't want to share with other guests, check this listing instead: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17459084
- Treat me and other guests with the respect you would want to be treated with. In the very, very unlikely case that any conflicts arise between you and another guest, first try to solve it like respectful, polite adults. If the issue continues, let me know and I will address it.
- You will have my direct cellphone number. Feel free to use it any time, day or night. You may call or text me. I may not always be able to answer (like if I'm asleep or at work), but I will get back to you ASAP.
- You may smoke outside as long as all apartment doors and windows are closed.
- Quiet hours are 10 PM to 7 AM when the space is shared. No one expects you to tip-toe around the room during the day, even if someone is taking a nap. However, after about 11 PM, please keep the noise down, especially if people are trying to sleep. :) If you all agree that having the TV on or playing music is OK with you guys, go for it. But default to obeying the quiet hours and ask for permission, not forgiveness, to ignore them.
- Expanding on this theme, if it’s past 11 or before sunrise, please keep the overhead lights off. There may be people in the room who can't sleep with the lights on. Use a flashlight or the glow from your phone to find what you are looking for. You are also welcome to turn on lights in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Only glass, plastic, and aluminum goes in the white plastic recycling container labeled "recycling only." Paper goes in a cardboard box or paper bag in front of it. (There are two trash cans: one small one in the bathroom and one larger one in the kitchen.)
- You may use the kitchen and the grill, but talk to me about it first so that I can help you find everything you need.
- Put dirty dishes in the sink or in the countertop dishwasher.
- Please do not take any linens with you as souvenirs.
- You may drink as much beer, wine, and liquor from the bar and refrigerator as you want, -- as long as you leave an appropriate tip in the tip jar. :)
- You may enter the unfinished basement to do your laundry. The washer and dryer are to the right after you open the door. However, do not go up the basement stairs to the apartment above this one.
- When you request to book this space, please include the sentence "Right now I am happy because..." and put the reason why you are happy. That will show me that you actually took the time to read the house rules thoroughly. :)
- Do not walk around in your underwear. You may wear a robe or pajamas (not provided). Nudity is only appropriate in the privacy of the bathroom.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 30 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I was born and raised on Alabama's Gulf Coast. I'm passionate about learning and being active. I graduated with a BS in Marketing from the Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
I currently live in Atlanta, GA, where I run Dogwood Fitness LLC, my own wellness coaching and personal training business. We help individuals, corporations, and organizations that want to improve the professional and personal wellbeing of their own selves, their management teams, and their employees. We also offer programs in partnership with healthcare and other service based businesses to seamlessly deliver wellness coaching and training to clients, customers and members on their behalf. I try to incorporate wellness and mindfulness into my hosting style.
In my spare time I juggle hobbies like writing and singing music in a band, going out salsa and bachata dancing, and spending time with my friends. I'm also pretty obsessed with my cats, Macaroon and Moonpie. I love meeting new people and sharing all the cool things Atlanta has to offer.