About this listing
Spacious and bright 90m2 on a 5th floor, the penthouse is located close to the Plaza de Toros in a popular and humble neighborhood.
You are looking for an elegant and centric place to stay while enjoying sunny Alicante? You are reading the right listing.
Unlike first impressions in such neighborhood, the apartment combines an entirely reviewed and refurbished (2012) minimalist style and carefully selected tasteful objects.
From an elegant bright white tile floor, Foscarini "MITE" and Raak "Spring Fonteine" contemporary lamps, the wooden objects, an antique "Virgen enjaulada", to the subtle influence of Frida Kahlo, this place will transport you into a true modern Mediterranean stay.
Air conditioning in all rooms will help you to cool down on those hot summer days, and heating for some really seldom yet humid winters. Windows have double glass, blinds and insect screens.
- Master bedroom with a 150 x 200 cm queen size bed.
- Second bedroom with a 90 x 190 cm single twin size bed.
- Bathroom with shower and hot water, and a toilet.
- Large kitchen with sink, glass ceramic cooktop, eletric oven, microwave, fridge&freezer, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, all to allow you to explore Spanish recipes.
- Washing machine, and clothes iron with table.
- Spacious and bright living and dining room with XXL lounge sofa (could exceptionally host a 4th guest for a day or two upon agreement). Direct access to the terrace to enjoy your breakfast, or simply chill out for dinner while having the Castle of Santa Barbara as background.
- 32" TV with standard digital channels.
- WiFi high speed Internet access.
- AirPlay speaker for iphone and other compatible devices, line in jack 3.5mm
Pillows, towels and clean linen are provided for the week, spare is available for longer stays. If required, you can negotiate for additional weekly cleaning for longer stays directly with the helper.
Interaction with guests
I can adapt to your check-in and out times, nevertheless arrivals at my place after 23:00 are subject to helper's availability and a fee of 20€.
I would love to meet you to show you around once you arrive, if possible. If timing doesn't allow as I am frequently on trips abroad, a trusted friend will help to hand the keys at the apartment or another agreed meeting point downtown.
Although Alicante is a rather small city with around 350.000 people, there are a lot of places to visit, things to do, good stuff to eat and especially to party.
You are located in the popular area of San Anton Bajo, at some steps from the Plaza de Toros (Bull fights), and 10 to 15 minutes walking downtown and where it all happens.
The apartment is well located, in a calm street yet at walking distance to downtown. You have several bus lines at three blocks distance might you wish to avoid the walk.
- Direct bus from the airport to Alicante passing at the "Mercado Central" halt is 20 minutes ride. From there either walk 10 minutes to the apartment, or another bus for 5 minutes to the apartment.
- Taxi from the airport to the apartment in Alicante for a 20 minutes ride (~25€).
Other things to note
I strongly appreciate my future guest to have at least one previous postive review and references on its profile.
Note: The penthouse is the top (5th) floor apartment without lift, so be prepared to have great looking legs by the end of your stay :-)
The Golden Rule is: Enjoy Your Stay!
In order to have a nice stay and let our neighbors love you, please observe some basic in-house rules:
- Strictly NO SMOKING inside the property, please use the terrace and respect my choice to keep the place odor free.
- Refrain from parties, music or other excessive noise after 1:00am.
- Absolutely no pets allowed, apologies for that.
- Keep house clean and tidy - you can do your own washing, and cleaning service can be requested.
- The flat has been recently repainted, please be careful to not to hit the walls with luggage.
- Beach towels are provided, don't use the shower towels for it
- Telephone bill is not included in your stay. Any calls are to be payed cash.
- The Host is not responsible for your valuables missing from the premises. In the unlikely case of theft (knock on wood!), it is your responsibility to file a report at the closest police station within 24 hours, and notify your host.
- Vandalism or missing objects in the apartment will be discounted from your security deposit.
- And finally, use and leave the flat as you would like to find it, and allow our next guest to enjoy their stay, too.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 37 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a Stylish Backpacker, whether it makes me go through the channels of intangible web or a volcanic lake in the Philippines.
Exposure to foreign culture is the greatest education of all. Born in Argentina, my family adventure led us in the Netherlands and Brazil. Later, stung by the same fever it was Spain, France and then Hong Kong I moved to, exploring more than 28 countries on this path.
Fluent in English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, can still recall some Dutch and now learning Chinese.