Response from Anthony:
There is more to the early departure than meets the eye :
- the claim is completely inaccurate and the picture is 100% accurate taken from the hill of the main picture behind us on which wildebeest, zebra and impala roam free, with the cottage below the hill. It is not a ZOO (static animals)and was never claimed to be, you have to walk to see all wildlife which move as in any nature reserve.
- we rented our cottage not the neighbouring resort on 100 acres and its fence is a walk across the road to use the pool and play facilities (clearly stated in documentation” at the hotels discretion”) 50m is a accurate to the resort fence, reception desk 300m yes but these are not city hotels they are on vast estate - 8 mins to the pool. We rent our cottage not the hotel. We stated 100 year old oaks.
- At the time of the booking the lady failed to respond to numerous correspondence and numerous int. calls made to her to discuss her booking – no response and no questions !
- on the lady’s own volition she chose to walk out half way through her stay without any contact with Airbnb nor myself. It is likely the real reasons are personal and that I cannot answer. Whether her expectations were higher or different we would never have known due to the failure to communicate.
- At an hour notice it is impossible to find a replacement booking nor logically to expect a refund.
We have the supporting estate newsletter and pictures should anyone wish to validate the game and proximity to the resort.
The reasons given are totally incorrect and more likely premature departure was likely caused due to other personal commitments.
Whilst we were renting our cottage and not the hotel the lady chose not to walk over the road to use the resort facilities (50m) to the fence (8-10 min walk see pic).She was made aware that use of the hotel facilities did not form part of the contract, as previously stated in the enquiry “hotel discretion”
The main picture on our website was taken on the hill directly behind the cottage and the fields in front of Cathkin Peak are where zebra, wildebeest and impala roam free(as stated in our correspondence ) if you don’t walk to see them that is your choice and if you do, animals don't hang around.(see Bergview Brief zebra release in November)
This Unesco World heritage site extends over vast tracks of land and it is not a ZOO, it’s a unesco game reserve which we live on.(We never claimed otherwise) The hotel resort is on 100 acres of beautiful scenery found 50 m from our fence(8 min walk to the pool. Perhaps the expectation was mountain views through every windows but we described the privacy that prevail on a site of 100 year old oak trees. There are mountain views all around and on the front lawn despite trees. The latest issue of the “Bergview Brief” is available for me to email to you showing a new release of zebra, wildebeest onto the estate.
These are outright inaccuracies(not a flat in a city) and the rationale of leaving half way through her stay lies elsewhere – we do not do refunds under any circumstances and in particular mid term and in 5 years we have never had a complaint such as this on 10 Int websites.