We are very pleased to offer our beautiful, modern, comfortable house designed in an eco-friendly in harmony with its mountain surroundings. It is conveniently located only 2.5 hours from panama city in a beautiful part of Panama near the Omar Torrijos national park. It is a perfect getaway for a weekend and with plenty to do for a week. It has four bedrooms each with private terrace. The kitchen, living room and dinning room are in a large open space overlooking the rolling hills and forests.
Vistas Cope is a recently constructed ecolodge, completed in 2013, located near Omar Torrijos National Park. It has a very special design and has been published in various leading architectural magazines in US and Europe including being house of the month in the US Architecture Review.
The house is located in seven hectares (17 acres) of naturally reforested land bordered by rivers. The house is located on the side of a hill overlooking a valley consisting of forest and farmland. The house is 500 metres covered surface with four bedrooms and four decks each with a different view of the mountains. The views of the mountains of Cocle are breathtaking. It is an area little visited by tourists to Panama and the ideal place to either relax in a hammock, taking in the scenery, listening to the river or using it as a base for exploring the area and hiking and birdwatching. The property has a river along its borders, with swimming spots, deep pools, mini waterfalls, no one else around. All of these ecological features means the house benefits from a positive natural energy from the flowing river to the breeze, the sunrises, starry nights. Combines with no air conditioning or TV it is a private heaven for eco-therapy. And whilst in a rural area it is easily accessible from Panama City, only two and half hours on good roads.
We are now pleased to be able to offer guests complementary free range eggs for breakfast as we now have our own chickens.
The master bedroom is 36 m2 with ensuite bathroom and private covered terrace 24m2. Second bedroom has two double beds, third bedroom has three single beds and share the same bathroom. These bedrooms each have a door allowing access to the forest outside the house. The final bedroom has one double and a sofa bed. The fourth bedroom is on a corner and overlooks the pool and has vistas of the mountains. It has a bathroom adjacent. Both bathrooms have showers with large windows which can be fully opened to provide a full sense of showering in nature. Water from the shower is fresh from the wale- no hot water.
Interaction with guests
We are very happy to provide all kind of information to our guests, to help them to maximize their experience at the house and in the area. There are lots of things to do, depending of every one styles and preferences. We have prepared a guidebook which is at the house to be used to help with activities. However, we live in Panama City and therefore will not be on site.
Other things to note
All the wood and steel beams in the house are recycled from the historic US military bases in Panama City. There is no air conditioning as the house has been bio-designed to maximize natural airflow. The main communal space has netting instead of glass which allows fresh air to flow through the house at all times. With the large roof overhanging the walls the inside stays relatively cool throughout the day. As the house is in the mountains in a forest reserve and is so open it allows visitors to be up close with nature. At night moths and insects are attracted by the lights and may be found inside. Fruit bats often come up to the terraces at dusk particularly when nearby trees are fruiting. These too can also fly inside if the doors are open…and finally if you are not put off already (non man eating) spiders can also sometimes be found inside the house. If you are intrigued and not scared by this, is the place for you!
- The house is suitable for children and infants, of course, they need to be supervised by their parents. Our house is located in a forest so family can enjoy nature but also take the considerations of been in nature.
- We have Dogs (they are friendly), so no pets allowed
- Fire pit and smoking. We have a place where you can enjoy making a fire. You need to be careful and make sure is off when you finish using it. Also we request to be very careful if someone in the group smokes.
- Full time on site caretaker. He can help you to Make fires at night, Guide for trails, Show swimming spots at the river, Show the farm
- We have two beautiful rivers, possibly the best attraction in the property is 1 kilometer of river bordering the property. Whilst the river is public its limited access means you will have it to yourselves. Practically no one frequents it. There is a path from the house direct down to the river. From there you can find pools and mini waterfalls and can walk up or down the river in any direction. It tends to go up to 1 meter or so in depth, with some deeper pools. So you have your own river to explore. We dont recommend to visit the river in the raining season. Any time you visit the river is by your own risk.
I am a Panamanian married to a English man living in Panama :) We have 2 children and we love to spend time in our house in the mountains. The house and the property are one of our live project. There we can do and create what we like. We both like spending time in nature but also spend time trying to conserve it. My husband works as an environmental economist as a job. I re do things with waste and recycling materials (you will see a few pieces at the house). The house itself is made by reuse wood.
When we are not at the farm, we like to visit other places in Panama and other countries .
I also like doing yoga, meditate, read, cook, lately also interested in growing plants and my own vegetables!
I consider myself as a social person and I am happy to know people from other countries and with different back grounds and interests.