Located just minutes from Pottsville's beach, river, shops and cafes, 'The Surf Lodge' is a classic Queenslander house, ideal for an affordable family holiday or relaxed coastal getaway with friends. Large tropical grounds for the boat or tent, Surfing and SUP hire and lessons can be arranged. And all just a short drive to Byron Bay!
POTTSVILLE BEACH SURF LODGE
The 'Surf Lodge' is just minutes from the surf, river, supermarket and Pottsville's growing cafe and restaurant scene! This classic Queenslander home with a huge backyard is ideal for a fun family holiday, surf or fishing trip, or relaxed getaway with friends.
Vacations like they used to be in this spacious, low-maintenance and affordable property located less than 500ms to great beaches and waves, the Pottsville River and quality fishing, and safe children’s beach (Red mark on aerial picture shows the Surf Lodge's awesome location!) Park the boat, van or extra tent in the sprawling back yard - also ideal for a game of cricket! Surfing & Stand Up Paddle Boarding lessons and boards can be arranged on request, BBQ and outdoor setting included for outdoor entertaining .. or just kick back in the tropical grounds and enjoy the chilled ‘Potty’ vibe.
Just 25-minutes from Byron Bay and even less to the increasingly popular coastal hamlets of Brunswick Heads, Cabarita Beach, Hastings Point and Murwillumbah hinterland (Mt Warning)
*** FESTIVAL GOERS NOTE: THE SURF LODGE IS JUST 10-MINUTES TO NORTH BYRON PARKLANDS, THE HOME OF SPLENDOUR IN THE GRASS & FALLS FESTIVALS, AND 20-MINUTES TO BLUESFEST SITE. BUS STOP OUTSIDE SURF LODGE ***
$115 per night .. Minimum stay 3 nights
Hello and welcome to the Pottsville Beach Surf Lodge! We have a long and successful history of running surf accommodation (and lessons) in Byron Bay and are stoked to offer the Surf Lodge to guests of beautiful and chilled Pottsville Beach. A couple of things before you book: Minimum stay is 3 nights; Security Bond needed (Credit Card number & exp) BYO linen/bedding, towels and toiletries; Self Check in.
Interaction with guests
The Surf Lodge is a fully self-contained Queenslander house, enjoyed exclusively by guests during their stay.
(The owners are readily contactable and can arrange Surf and SUP hire/lessons and local information)
Other things to note
- 5-minutes to surf beach and quality waves
- 4-minutes to Pottsville River and year-round fishing
- 2-minutes to town hub - inc. supermarket, cafes, restaurants, health centre, pharmacy, tennis courts, and fortnightly Pottsville market
- Secluded beaches along Tweed Coast
- Vast beach fishing
- Just 20-minutes from Byron Bay
- Easy driving distance to other coastal and hinterland towns including Mullumbimby, Brunswick Heads, South Golden Beach, Cabarita, Kingscliff, Murwillumbah, Uki, Mt Warning
- 20-minutes' drive to Coolangatta Airport (transfers available to Pottsville Beach)
- 45-minutes to Surfers Paradise/GC theme parks
- ~1.5hrs to Brisbane CBD
1. Cleanliness. Treat this house as if it's your own while staying here. House must be left fully cleaned upon vacating and in the same order as you found it. Strictly no food stuffs left behind in either fridge or cupboards - take with you or bin. Failure to do so may incur a deduction from security bond.
2. Rubbish. House and yard must be cleared of all rubbish upon vacating. Any item (ie Eski, tent, fold up chairs) left/discarded on the property will incur a deduction from security bond to meet removal/tip costs.
3. Bins. Council bins (household & recycling) both go out on Sunday night. If you are at the Surf Lodge on this night, it's your responsibility to get the bins out and brought back in on Monday.
4. Neighbours. This is a residential neighbourhood. Please respect permanent neighbours either side of you and keep noise/partying to a minimum after 10:00pm and not before 9am.
5. Smoking. Strictly no smoking inside. Please smoke at the back of the house and bin your butts.
6. Showers – please restrict the length of your showers to help conserve town water supply.
7. Security. Please ensure all windows and doors are locked upon vacating the house and keys are returned to the security box and fastened. (We will issue security code number for box, in your confirmation email). You and your party are fully responsible for the security of the house and your belongings during the course of your stay. In the event of theft, the Surf Lodge bares no responsibility/remuneration for stolen items.
8. Damage. Any household item, furniture or structure in or outside the Surf Lodge that is damaged (outside general wear and tear) or missing during your stay, will be debited from the security bond and/or charged to your credit card if excessive of bond.
8. Problem? If there's a problem or concern with the house, please text the owners who live locally and will get it sorted as soon as possible!
Jayme & Margi have lived in the Northern Rivers area, on and off, since 1990. They run established Surf and SUP Schools in the Tweed and Byron Shires, which include surf accommodation.