About this listing
Enjoy the completely self contained top floor of our comfortable, relaxing beach house. Set only 350m from beautiful Malua Bay beach, it has 2 bedrooms (comfortably sleeping 5), 1 bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen, laundry, lounge/dining & huge deck
An ideal couples or family beach escape awaits you at “Mimosa at the Bay", your holiday home away from home in a perfect location just 300m from the patrolled beach of Malua Bay, 15 minutes south of Batemans Bay.
You will have the upstairs section of the house, including the expansive deck, exclusively to yourselves. It can sleep a maximum of five people in two large bedrooms (one has a queen bed plus single bed and the other a queen bed. The main bedroom also has a fat screen television). There is also a fully equipped, modern kitchen, complete with dishwasher, oven and microwave, an open plan dining and living room, with flat screen TV and DVD/video player, large bathroom and fully equipped laundry. Relax on the expansive deck and enjoy a BBQ or quiet drink in the evening.
Your host/caretaker lives downstairs in a separate self contained flat (with separate access) so you will be completely private upstairs.
The large wrap around deck surrounding the top floor of the house is ideal for eating outdoors in the summer months. A servery style window opens out from the kitchen onto an outside bench next to the gas BBQ for ease of food preparation and serving. The deck is fully fenced off and so safe for children and the house is also ideal for small dogs as there is a dog door from the laundry to the fully gated off deck (Malua Bay is a dog-friendly beach!).
As well as families with children and pets, the house also caters for holiday makers bringing a small boat as there is room to fit this down the side of the house, as well as space to keep a car undercover in a carport complete with garage door.
The house is fully equipped with everything you should need for your holiday, including linen. We have a great range of DVDs, videos, books and games for you to use during your stay and even a couple of boogie boards and a set of golf clubs. A cot, baby bath and highchair can also be provided upon request at no extra charge (please bring your own cot linen).
You will have completely private access to the main house (top floor of the property), including the deck.
You will also have shared access to the garden, and use of the garage.
The downstairs flat (which has separate entrance) is where our caretaker lives and this area should not be entered by guests unless invited to by caretaker.
Interaction with guests
Our caretaker is usually (but not always) present during our guests stay (in the downstairs flat). If the caretaker is not there you will be given instructions on how to access the keys.
Our caretaker is happy to answer any questions you may have about the house or the area, but if you would prefer to keep to yourselves that is fine too!
Our beautiful house is only a 3 minute flat walk to the patrolled surf beach of Malua Bay and all the other amenities Malua Bay offers holiday makers – IGA supermarket, newsagency, bottle shop, pizza/ takeaway restaurants and great children’s playground at the beach. Unpack your bags and relax – there is no need to drive anywhere if you don’t want to! Also about 200m away is Malua Bay bowling club, which even has a courtesy bus if you don’t feel like walking the short distance home!
In close proximity to Malua Bay is the Mosquito Bay boat ramp (2 min drive north), which has a lovely bakery/coffe shop, and great surf beach, Mackenzie’s Beach to the south. Other fantastic beaches to check out close by are Broulee (to the south) and the quiet bays of Lilli Pilli (to the north, just beyond Mosquito Bay) and Guerilla Bay (south).
If you want to venture further in your car, we are less than 15 minutes from the hub of Batemans Bay, which offers shops, restaurants, cafes and lots more. Take a cruise on the beautiful Clyde river, or just sit by the river's edge at one of the many coffee shops or restaurants and take in the view. There is also good fishing from the piers along the main strtech of the river in the town.
Attractions such as putt putt golf and Birdland wild life park will keep the kids entertained if they tire of the beach. 10 minutes away from Malua Bay is also the town of Mogo, which boasts unique shops, historic gold mining attraction and excellent zoo.
Between Malua Bay and Batemans bay is the Golf Course at Catalina. Other attractions during the school holidays usually include a carnival at Casey’s Beach and Circus in Batemans Bay.
The whole area is full of beautiful quiet beaches, you really will be spoilt for choice!
Public transport is limited in the Batemans Bay area, so it really does pay to have a car if you want to be able to explore the area easily. But if you just want to relax at Malua Bay beach, you won't need your car as we are within walking distance!
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. We may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at our discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• The house is in a quiet residential neighbourhood and we wish to maintain a good relationship with our neighbours. Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged for these costs.
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to caretaker or as otherwise directed.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys
• Smoking is not permitted in the Property