About this listing
This charming,sunny and comfortable apartment on two levels is the ideal place to stay in Florence. On the second floor of a typical Florentine house, at the foot of Fiesole, it's very near the historical centre and just great for families & couples.
This charming flat is located on the second floor of a town house built in the 1920ties. The flat has been recently completely refurbished and we've preserved the lovely art deco floors. It is on two levels. Downstairs there’s the central living area with a well-equipped kitchenette with everything you need to dine at home: a small fridge with freezer, oven, microwave oven, toaster, mixer and boiler. There's also a washing machine for your clothes, an iron and an ironing board. The living area has two sofas, a dining room table, a cupboard with plates, platters and glasses and two drawers with cutlery and table cloths. There’s also cable TV and free internet. Entering a door on the right of the living area, there’s the charming master bedroom, which opens onto a sunny balcony. The bathroom, located at this level, is equipped with a shower. A spiral iron wrought staircase leads you upstairs to a gallery, overlooking the living room where you can relax on an armchair with a good book or just listening to music after the day's sightseeing. A small door leads to the mansard (tall people please watch your head!) where there's a second very large private bedroom, with a three quarter bed , a desk, an armchair and a cupboard. This bed is 140 cm wide and 190 cm long, ideal for two children (even grown-up) or two small adults or ones who like sleeping very close together! The house is ideal for three-four people, but an extra bed may be added free of charge in the roomy mansard upon request for an extra child. There is also little tower with a balcony but for the moment it's hard to get up there. Please note that both bedrooms are supplied with pure cotton bed sheets, duvets and comfortable mattresses and a set of towels for each guest. Bathroom toiletries like soap, bath foam and shampoo are also provided and there's a hairdryer for your use.
Guests will have access to the whole flat.
Interaction with guests
Most of the time I will be there personally to welcome you and give you the keys to the apartment and any information you may need to really make the most of your stay in lovely Florence! If I can't be there myself, there will be a dependable collaborator of mine called Barbara, who'll show you around the flat!
Other things to note
I will give you one or two sets of keys as you prefer. You are responsible for these keys and will be asked 80 euros for each set of keys if you lose them, so please don't!
Check in is flexible until 7.30 p.m.. Please let me known by e-mail at what time you'll be arriving at the apartment a few days beforehand. After 7.30 p.m., I shall be obliged to charge you a late arrival fee of 20 euro.
1) I expect guests to behave in a civilized and polite manner, avoiding loud music and TV in the late hours of the evening and night, since there are neighbours on the same floor.
2) No smoking inside the house but only on the balcony.
3) Close all windows ( even the ones in the mansard in case of rain) before leaving the house at all times and lock the front door even at night before going to bed. Please note that during your stay, the flat's owner is not responsible for any of your personal belongings. You are also kindly asked never to leave the house's street front door open, while you go in and out because people can easily slip in and hide and then burglar one of the three apartments.
4) Please let me know if you've broken something during your stay so I can replace it in time for following guests.
5) Candles, even scented ones, are not allowed, since they represent a fire hazard.
6) Small-medium size, well-behaved dogs are welcome to stay. N.B. A big dog lives in the ground floor flat.
7) Avoid making too much noise or playing loud music and TV in the evening after 10 p.m. and during the night
8) You are responsible for the apartment's daily cleaning, while the final cleaning fee is already included in the price. Please leave the apartment tidy, with no pots and dirty dishes in the sink!!
9) Upon departure, make sure you turn off the lights and gas.
Thank you very much !
This host has a Strict Cancellation Policy
Cancel up to 30 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 30 days of the trip and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, as well as a full refund of fees.
This host has 8 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi future guests!
I'm a Florentine and love Florence but also the Tuscan seaside at Ansedonia where, I also have a house. I'm aware of the extraordinary experiences these places can offer in terms of art, culture, shopping, sports,relax and, of course, exquisite Tuscan food and wine. I can give you tips that only a local can when you arrive to avoid falling into the typical tourists traps! I really enjoy seeing people making the most out of their holiday with the right information at hand. As to me, well let me introduce myself.
I was born in Florence but also lived 15 years in the USA during my childhood. Consequently I was lucky enough to become perfectly bilingual, learning French along the way. Today I work as a conference interpreter and translator and live under the "Tuscan sun" in the countryside just outside Florence with my husband. We make our own olive oil and enjoy gardening. I adore travelling all over the world and am a very curious person and like meeting new and interesting people all the time.
I'm looking forward to meeting you and having you stay either in my charming little flat in Florence or in Ansedonia, the splendid apartment with a lovely garden and an extraordinary view on the Tuscan sea and islands!