About this listing
Our cozy two floor house has a true lovely feeling! The bright double room comfortably fits two & is centrally located on a nice quiet street, only 15 min away from the city centre by bus and walking distance from Manchester Metropolitan University and University of Manchester.
It is very well connected with more than 6 buses going from Manchester city centre to our house (some run all night), but if you don't fancy that, an Uber from town only costs between £4.00 and £7.00 pounds one way.
The accommodation available to Airbnb guests is a spacious bright double lockable private room upstairs that faces the garden (the room gets lots of light during the day).
It has a big double bed that is very comfortable and you would have full use of that room during your stay. It also has laminate flooring and comes with a big corner desk, comfy leather IKEA desk chair, night light, wardrobe, set of drawers, a blue tall bookcase and an electric piano (which you are welcome to use as long as you bring some headphones to plug into it while you're using it). You also get a key for your room so you can lock it whenever you're not in the house.
You also have access to the bathroom right in front of your room during your stay (the bathroom door says "bathroom" on it). We have a garden in the back with a picnic table where you can smoke if you need to, or just relax in the picnic table while reading a book if the weather is nice.
Our house is situated in South Manchester in Victoria Park with various regular buses to central Manchester, which take approx. 15 minutes to the city centre. There is a convenience store, supermarkets (Lidl, Tesco, Asda), and several takeaways in the neighbourhood a 5-7 min walk away.
We are both fairly busy but will be around to help out and offer travel tips if you need them. Tea and coffee will be provided, and we might be around occasionally to share a meal and maybe have a few drinks. We also have one small female cat called Bella but she is not allowed into the Airbnb room.
Guests can only use the second kitchen to cook meals. We prefer if you keep your cooking quite simple during your stay (no elaborate 1 hour cooking sessions please). You will also get one shelf in the fridge in the second kitchen to store your food during your stay, but please make sure you recycle and clean up after yourself when using the microwave, oven, hobs, dishes and cutlery. Please do not use the table in our kitchen to eat just because we usually use it as a kitchen workspace. Thanks.
If you would like to wash your clothes, it will cost an additional £4.00 for washing and drying. Please let us know if you want to wash your clothes in advance, and we will wash and dry your clothes for you.
Interaction with guests
We have as much or as little interaction with guests as the guest wishes but we are always at hand via phone, (Whats app), text or email should we be needed. Feel free to ask for help. If you are a traveller I am more than happy to recommend some great places to eat, see, or to have a nice drink. I also have a guidebook with tips on this Airbnb listing (on the map).
Other things to note
We have a small black female cat so do be aware if you have allergies. She is not allowed into the Airbnb room so even if you are allergic you should be fine because we clean the room and the house quite thoroughly very often. We also have laminate flooring everywhere other than the staircase so it makes it even easier to clean.
P.S - We live with other housemates so your room will always be spotlessly clean, but do be aware we share common areas with our housemates so I can't guarantee the kitchen and the bathroom will always be spotlessly clean (as in every single day during your stay but of course they'll be clean when you check-in).
We want your stay with us to be as enjoyable and stress free as possible but please follow our house rules:
• Check-out is usually at 10:00 AM, but if we don't have another booking the next day you might be able to check-out later (we are quite flexible with that but please speak to us about it in advance if you do want to check out later).
• You probably won't be able to check-in before 2.30pm if it's a weekday Mon-Fri, but we might be able to check you in earlier or later depending on how busy our schedules are or if we are off from work so please just ask when sending us a request and please be aware of this when you Instant Book. Thanks.
• If you're booking through Instant Book, and the booking is for the same day or another day, you will have to be flexible with the check in times because I might have an event on or the room might not be ready. Thanks.
• Please be aware that sometimes one of our housemates will let you in instead of us (if we're not around), but there's a sheet in the room with all the information like Wifi password, rules, where the bathroom and kitchen is, how everything works which should help guide you during your stay. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to get in touch via What's App, Text, or Airbnb messages.
• When you make a request or a booking with us, please tell us what time you are planning on arriving to Manchester, the time you would like to check-in and the reason why you are visiting Manchester in your booking message. Also, a bit about you in your message would be greatly appreciated as well.
• No pets allowed
• No smoking allowed indoors, but we do allow it outside in the garden.
• We take the security of our home and other guests very seriously. Only people who have been booked and verified by Airbnb are allowed into the house. No other overnight, evening or daytime guests in any circumstances. Anyone attempting to bring people into the house without speaking to us first will be asked to leave without the possibility of a refund or compensation.
• Kitchen access: You can only use the second kitchen to cook meals. We prefer if you keep your cooking quite simple during your stay (no elaborate 1 hour cooking sessions please just because we live with other housemates so at times the kitchen can be busy). You will also get one shelf in the fridge to store your food during your stay, but please make sure you recycle and clean up after yourself when using the microwave, oven, hobs, dishes and cutlery.
• We prefer to host only one person for longer stays than 1 or 2 nights.
• There is a house manual in the room. Please read through that paper when you arrive because it will make your stay much easier and may address any questions you may have about recycling, shower, how to check out, keys, etc.
• Most importantly: Please feel at home, we want you to leave thinking 'What a great idea Airbnb is - I will never stay in a hotel again!'
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 17 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi! We are Carolina and James, a couple in their late 20's and early 30's. I am a graphic designer / photographer and I live with my boyfriend James who is studying medicine (5th year) and three other friends who are all in their late 20's to early 30's and are international working professionals.
We are a friendly bunch who love meeting people from all kinds of backgrounds and from all over the world. James and I have also been part of the Couchsurfing community in Manchester for a while so we're very experienced hosts since we used to host people regularly through Couchsurfing before. We host on Airbnb because it seemed like the obvious next step after hosting people extensively through Couchsurfing previously.
Motto: Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
Things we love: Travelling, collecting postcards, cats, brewing beer, drinking good wine, cooking & good food, listening to interesting podcasts, designing, drawing, reading meaningful books, and watching fun TV shows.