About this listing
Meersbrook is a cosy, charming character home, set in the stunning Sherbrooke forest, conveniently located in the midst of all the hills has to offer. Enjoy a romantic evening for two with an open fire & forest view, or a relaxed family getaway.
Meersbrook is a welcoming, fully equipped home with beautiful rainforest views, that will leave you feeling immediately at home and ready to relax.
The Dandenong Ranges are located only 50 minutes drive from Melbourne, and boast incredible cafés, bars, restaurants and natural attractions at your doorstep. The home is conveniently located across the creek from Micawbers Tavern. Simply step into the wood fired warmth of the tavern, with hearty pub meals, live music on weekends and delicious Guinness on tap. The famous 'Piggery' cafe is only 6 minutes drive away whilst the supermarket, organic store, gourmet butcher and bakeries are walking distance or 1 minutes drive away. The house itself is located next to the Sherbrooke Forest and looks out onto the towering Mountain Ash, Treeferns and Clematis Creek. You won't want to leave!
Our home consists of:
Upper Floor with fully equipped Kitchen, Dining, Lounge, Bathroom, Balcony and three Bedrooms.
- a main bedroom with a King size bed,
- a second bedroom with another King size bed
- and another smaller bedroom with bunks.
Lower Floor with Rumpus Room, Euro Laundry, Decking and 2nd toilet.
Meersbrook also has:
- Free Wifi.
- A rumpus room on the lower floor with toys for children and another television (no normal channels) with DVD player & HDMI cord for movies from your laptop. The rumpus room also contains a large box of outdoor/sporting equipment.
- Multiple walking tracks into the rainforest that start metres from the home.
There is a portacot and highchair provided.
Linen, towels, bodywash, shampoo & conditioner, dish and laundry detergent, toilet paper, tea & coffee are provided. Please see the Meersbrook Manual for delicious, local breakfast options or use the fully equipped kitchen to do your own cooking.
Meersbrook is clean and beautifully presented but please expect the usual scuffs of a much loved family home. Like most family homes, it is a permanent work in progress!
Guests have access to the entire property with the exception of the store room downstairs and the garage.
Interaction with guests
You will have complete privacy from the start to finish of your stay. We will be available to contact with any questions via email, through Airbnb or mobile phone.
A comprehensive manual of the home and surrounding area is provided through the Airbnb listing and a paper copy in the home.
We love that our home is within walking distance to
- the Cameo Cinema, which also has an outdoor screen over Summer
- Oscars alehouse with its carefully curated selection of beers from around the world
- Sooki lounge (formerly Ruby's Lounge) with its delicious tapas, cocktails, incredible ambience and fine selection of live music.
- and any Grocery store you may need as well as a Post Office and Bank.
We are also a short 6min drive from 'The Piggery' in Sherbrooke, where culinary powerhouse Shannon Bennet, has spared no expense in opening up a world class bakery and eatery, perfect for breakfast, and lunch.
Other attractions include:
- Puffing Billy
- Exploring the villages; Belgrave, , Kallista, Sassafras, Olinda etc
- The Tree Adventure Course at historic Glen Harrow Park (a zip-line course with different levels of difficulty)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary with its incredible wooden carvings
- The multiple beautifully curated gardens around the hills; some have entry fees, others do not.
- The extensive forest walks. You may get a glimpse of the rare Lyrebird.
- The view of the entire Yarra Valley from up at the Olinda Arboretum,
- amongst so much more!
Meersbrook is located within 1km walking distance to the Belgrave train station, which is the end of the line from Melbourne. Otherwise, there are bus stops at the base of our street. Having your own car is recommended.
Other things to note
It must be noted, that the tavern across the creek has live music playing on weekend nights and can sometimes be heard faintly from the home. Whilst this has never bothered us or any of our neighbours, please take this into consideration before booking. The tavern does not run very late, music is generally finished by 11pm. You may hear guests as they depart, but you may also be one of them!
Also, although they are not too close, we have neighbours on both sides of the house. Closing the appropriate blinds at night time gives you your deserved privacy.
We don't mind if you have extra friends join you, but we would appreciate being told if you have anyone extra staying. Please respect the community and neighbourhood by keeping noise to a minimum. Unfortunately our property is not pet-friendly and smoking is strictly limited to outside. An ashtray is provided.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I'm a Designer with two school aged children, married to a Director of Photography. Together we both love our creative pursuits, our forest home, spending time with our (not so) little ones and travelling.
We have been AirBnB guests a number of times in incredible properties around the world. We hope to provide those that book our property with experiences equal to those we've had ourselves.
We're clean and responsible guests, respectful of others property and personal space. We own our own home in the forest an hour from Melbourne and take great pride in it - we treat other people home's as we would like our own to be treated.
Our travel style tends to be a little impromptu and spontaneous, a bit off the beaten track. We work out a skeleton of our trip then generally allow the place itself to guide us.
We look forward to the chance of meeting other AirBnB guests and hosts.