Resting atop an enchanting Medieval village and right next to a pristine castle lies La Maisonnette du Coteau. Recently renovated, this exquisite cottage offers numerous luxuries, while maintaining a deep respect for it's Medieval roots.
*** we recently added this listing to airbnb, but we've been renting out the cottage to guests since 2009. You can find many (EMAIL HIDDEN) ***
Rest here while you experience a taste of a French countryside steeped in history and culture. Not only will you enjoy the beauty, comfort, and luxurious ammenities at La Maisonnette, but you'll also appreciate Beynac's delicious restaurants, amazing concerts, beautiful walks, stunning art galleries, and one of France's most well-preserved castles within minutes.
When you stay at La Maisonnette, you'll understand why it's one of the most photographed homes in the village, and on several of the printed postcards you'll find around town. Its prominent place atop the Cliffside village of Beynac-et-Cazenac affords its guests breathtaking views of the Dordogne River, the entire valley, and of the village. Enjoy a dinner or lunch outside on the terrace overlooking the canoes dotting the river, or take a bath in a claw foot tub while you gaze out across the Valley of the Five Chateau. Now that's what we call relaxing!
Inside the home you'll find:
* gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances including a sub-zero freezer, two refrigerator drawers, and a dishwasher; the highlight of the kitchen is the gourmet La Canche gas stove--a stove that professional cooks in Europe use throughout France
* beautifully restored wood beams in every living space
* a mix of modern and antique furnishings, including a few pieces that are hundreds of years old
* thick, perfectly restored stone walls
* unique window shapes and ornate iron work on the exterior
* romantic master suite with queen-size bed and a private bathroom, including a claw foot tub overlooking the Dordogne Valley.
* 2 additional guest rooms, one featuring another queen-size bed with both antique and modern furnishings; another with two twin beds; both are lovely and very comfortable
* Sleeps 5-6 people
* Antique tile floor on the mail level, recently refurbished hardwood floors throughout the remainder of the cottage
* Modern bathroom on the second level, including a luxurious shower cabin and a towel warmer; private views of the nearby hillside as well
* relaxing TV/movie room where a TV, DVD player and leather sofa await
* both a washer and a dryer on the premises
* gorgeous, mature, terraced gardens overlooking the Dordogne River Valley.
Let me share a little more about the glorious town of Beynac and while this is the ideal location for your vacation...whether you arrive from the East or from the West, stunning views of the town invite you as you approach this Medieval cliffside town. You will find your breath taken away as you observe the little golden buildings with their antique tile roofs nestled amongst each other as they overlook the lovely river Dordogne. Like us, you'll be shocked that such a lovely place even exists! It will feel surreal as you spend your days enjoying all the Dordogne has to offer. There will be no question in your mind as to why Beynac is listed as one of the Most Beautiful Villages in France (Les Plus Beaux Villages de France)
La Maisonnette is the ideal landing pad for visiting the other small, picturesque villages in the area, and for enjoying other sights as well. Make sure you visit the Marqueyssac Gardens, the Lascaux Caves (oldest art on the earth), the famed outdoor market in nearby Sarlat, the 5 chateau within 5 minutes of Beynac, and take a canoe or boat ride down the river for unexpected and amazing views. And don't forget to take a tour of the castle you'll be staying right next to (the windows of La Maisonnette look out upon the old castle walls and the old city walls as well); the Chateau of Beynac is one of the best preserved in France. You'll feel as if you stepped back to the 12th century!
From Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2017 the minimum stay is 6 nights.