Our vacation apartment is housed on the top floor of a 225 year old historic building called Towpath House. In the middle of High Falls, it's the perfect location to walk to restaurants, shops, the creek and lots more, yet feels very private & relaxing.
Built in 1787, historic Towpath House is listed on the national registry as the oldest building in the High Falls Historic District and is right on lock 16 of what was once the D&H Canal. The vacation apartment is in an excellent location in the quaint town of High Falls, NY. Within strolling distance from your door are the creek, water falls, restaurants, shops, galleries, antique store, antiques flea market, nature walks, apple picking, biking, running and walking trails.
-The space offers one bedroom with a king sized bed, a dining area open to a kitchen, a full bath and a living room with cathedral ceiling.
-There is a skylight above the bed to view the stars or draw the shade to block the morning sun if you'd like to sleep in
-There is wireless internet and a desk to work at.
-The television is a smart TV and gives you access to anything online so you can catch a good movie on Netflix.
-The kitchen is equipped with pots & pans, dishes, microwave, blender and toaster if you'd like to cook a meal using produce from one of our great local farm markets. There is a French press as well as a traditional coffee maker and we provide you with fresh coffee beans and a grinder.
-There is a small balcony that is a wonderful spot to have a glass of wine or morning coffee.
-Walk out the door and cross the little bridge on the property to access the Five Lock Walk. Bring a picnic, there's a picnic table located a short walk away along the path as well as benches.
-Or bring your picnic and a good book down to the creek by the waterfalls located across the street. It's a quick stroll away.
-The building is very old and it's got creaky floors which don't bother us a bit. Because a couple people have mentioned it though we figured we'd better too in case it will bother you.
We provide you a code for keyless entry and you will have private access to the property.
Interaction with guests
You probably won't meet us because of the easy check in process and because we may be traveling. We will provide you with the key code to the property just prior to your stay and allow you the privacy, peace and space to enjoy it! We're private people but we're super friendly and easily reachable by message to answer questions.
Other things to note
No Smoking inside or outside
The space under the apartment is retail space that is currently used for storage and is also our personal laundry room.
Please note our other High Falls listing is not located on this property. It is 4/10th of a mile away.
- We encourage guests to have fun and explore the charming area!
- Less of a hotel and more of a temporary home, we ask that you leave the apartment as you found it. Please empty the refrigerator of food and drink, put your trash and recyclables in the bins outside under the stairs, do your dishes and leave all used towels in the bathroom.
- Notify us of any stained, damaged or lost items.
- Please don't use towels or washcloths to remove makeup/self tanner.
- Sorry, No Pets.
- No smoking on the property.
- Do not remove anything from the apartment.
- Turn the heat/ac down when you're not home. Turn the heat/ac off when you check out.
- Check in time is after 3 pm; check out by 11. We welcome bookings made the same day as a planned arrival. Check in time on a same-day booking will vary depending on cleaner availability. In most cases it will be after 4:30.
- Please notify us of your arrival upon check in.
- Please notify us upon checkout so we can let the cleaner in for incoming guests.
This host has 114 reviews for other properties.View other reviews