Grade 2 listed Victorian Gentleman’s residence offering luxury self catering accommodation for groups of up to 10.
Well located in Newport city centre, close to Cardiff, the property offers a peaceful retreat within walking distance of nightlife.
Enjoy luxury accommodation in South Wales with easy access to golf at the famous Celtic Manor Resort, walking in the Brecon Beacons National Park, the fantastic beaches of the Gower peninsular, the city attractions of Cardiff city and bay and much much more.
Fields House was built in 1860 as the ‘entertainment rooms’ to the adjoining original house. The house is being restored to its former glory and now offers spacious and comfortable accommodation for groups up to 10 people.
Used regularly for filming you may recognise the drawing room and master bedroom suite from the Sherlock episode ‘A Scandal in Belgravia' with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman or the dining room as Captain Latimer’s study from the Dr Who Christmas special 2012.
The property comprises;
* Lobby leads to Reception hall – plenty large enough to host your pre dinner drinks or to indulge in a spot of dancing after dinner. Stairs to first floor and gallery landing. Hall leads off to;
* Spacious drawing room offering comfortable sofas, TV, DVD and iPod dock – large bay window offers views down the garden to the pond. Wood burning stove.
* Wood panelled dining room with table and seating for up to 12, iPod dock, open fire
* Study with DVD and games console
* Small hall off main hall leads to:
* Back stairs to first floor and attic rooms;
* Downstairs shower room comprising shower, lavatory, sink and also the added benefit of a small 2 person sauna.
* The 'Cwtch' - snug sitting room with sofa, radio and open fire.
* Large well equipped kitchen with table and seating for 10. Dishwasher, 2 fridges, large larder, dual fuel double oven range cooker, DAB radio and iPod dock.
* Separate down stairs lavatory
* Boiler and laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
The first floor is accessed via the main staircase or back stairs and comprises;
* Master bedroom suite, super-king bed, huge round bay window offers views over garden and across the town toward Caerleon – on a clear day the Celtic Manor resort can be seen on the hill top across the valley. Luxury en suite bathroom comprising walk in shower, free standing bath, double sinks and lavatory.
* Guest suite; small lobby leading to good size bedroom with king size bed and Moroccan styled shower room comprising shower, sink and lavatory.
* Green room; extremely spacious room with king size bed, window to rear overlooking gardens, comfortable seating area
* Grey room; king size bed, window to rear overlooking gardens, sofa
* Family bathroom in the art deco style, large bath with shower over and sink. Separate lavatory
* Blue room – double bed, views to front
Accessed via the back stairs attic rooms offer a play room and children’s sleeping area for 3.
Generous sized private gardens to rear and front, laid to lawn with mature planting, a Victorian pond teaming with wildlife, tree swing, patio with tables and chairs and gas BBQ
Interaction with guests
Guests will be greeted upon arrival and shown around the property and then left to enjoy their luxurious surroundings in peace. A welcome pack is provided to help you settle in along with a selection of information about the local area.
7 nights stay for up to 10 people includes:
* Exclusive use of the property and gardens
* Linens, towels etc
* Mid week clean of kitchen and bathrooms
* End of stay cleaning
* Welcome pack
* Bathrooms equipped with shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and soap.
Please respect our home and our neighbours.
No hen / stag parties sorry.
No smoking in the house.
One well behaved dog by prior agreement
My husband, Charles, and I bought Fields House in 2009, at the time the only running water it boasted came through the roof! 5 years on it boasts all mod cons and is barely recognisable compared to what we started with. Some of our efforts were caught on camera by Nick Knowles in his series 'Original features' and we've since enjoyed inviting the cameras in for filming including Sherlock, Dr Who and Casualty. We love entertaining and the house lends itself well to everything from dinner parties to hosting our youngest daughter's wedding here this spring. We escape the grandeur of Fields House (and DIY!) in our camper van on a regular basis along with our lurcher Peppa.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Fields House where you will feel pampered from the outset and with so much to do in the surrounding area we'll be delighted to help you plan your stay.